What is your most difficult games you ever played?

MarvelFan

The Nine-tailed White Fox
Reaction score
If any of friends here ever experienced the games that you feel very difficult to finish it?
That it takes time to finish it or even abandon it that it is too difficult?

For me though...it is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.
I play it on Wii U since 2015 and until now...I still havent be able to clear and finish it. It was so difficult to clear out the traps that it stressed me out. Haha.

I too have some difficulty in Sekiro where I have to lower the difficulty level especially againts that Butterfly old lady boss.
Oh, I also havent be able to beat all Valkyrie boss in God of War. It took me more than 20 attempts to beat one...and after that I am surprised that there is moreeee!! Haha. I just give up on that one. (Thankfully it was only side mission with little effect on main campaign).

Cloudbuster tank in Arkham Knight - that one almost got me stuck. It was brutal.
The first few Valkyries in God of War 2018... when I reached the final one, I couldn't defeat her.
Gta San Andreas/Vice City have some difficult missions. GTAV as well but it has a skip button.

For the ps4, I haven't bought any game that I knew would be too hard on me. I can skip side quests or skip main missions (if there's a skip option) but I don't think there's a game I didn't reach the ending because it was difficult. If something is getting annoying because Ive been killed too many times, I adjusted the difficulty section or justabandon it if its just a side quest.

The most difficult game I played and finished without cheats? Easy answer would be some game from 90s from Famicom, Mega Drive or Super Famicom... But they also had cheats and we cheated a lot.

So the answer is probably Resident Evil 4. It just throws you into bad place and you need a lot of trial and error to figure it out sometimes. Plus the game constantly pressures you into split second decisions regarding conserving ammo or blasting away. It's easier on PC and Wii thanks to easier aim via mouse or remote, but I believe the truest way to play the game is with Gamecube controller, which I bought specifically for the occasion. It was a hard road of learning and getting used to.

In the end the feeling of finishing the game is sooooo rewarding. In a very blockbustery fashion you ride into sunset after surviving nightmare. Not many games do this well.

Sekiro and Ninja Gaiden 2. They ended the lives of many a controller.

At first, Bloodborne.
It was my first souls game and it wasn't just hard, it was terrifying. I almost regreted buying it.
I even looked it up online for tips and if it gets easier over time. But after many deaths and persistence...I finally got it. It "clicked" for me.

By the end of my second playthrough, I was the boss of that game, no one else.

I haven't abandoned a game due to difficulty level since I was a kid, but the last time that happened was with this bastard of a game based on a Disney movie no less:

latest

Yes, I'm serious. This game was designed by the developers to be hard on purpose because Disney wanted people to buy it as opposed to renting it and possibly not buying it if they'd easily be able to finish the game quickly. I think as far as I got as a kid was the Hakuna Matata level where you have to do these insane jumps across logs going down a waterfall. I've since beaten it as an adult on a SNES emulator, but even then it doesn't count because it had the manual save feature so I could always go back to the spot before I died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"