What love interests will Bruce Wayne/Batman have in the reboot?

Spider-Kurt!

Civilian
Reaction score
It's bound to happen. We're undoubtably gonna get a romanantic lead during the new series of Batman films. Who do you want? Who do you expect?

We've already seen versions of just about all of the main ones like Catwoman,Talia,Vicki Vale and Julie Madison.Silver St Cloud is probably the most signifigant love interest of Bruce Wayne/Batman that hasn't appeared on screen. For some reason,I don't see them using her. Maybe because the name seems a little too comic booky so to speak.

Personally,I'd most like to eventually see the version of Talia from the 70's and 80' and not the vengeful nutjob she's become in the books first and maybe go down that route after a few films. Her being initially torn between her father and her "beloved" could make a great story on film.

Selina Kyle/Catwoman still has potential for another adaptation and Julie Madison could be worked into a noteworthy character as opposed to the much smaller role she had in Batman and Robin.

Most people it would seem would rather they focus simply on Bruce Wayne's playboy image and that's fine with me but I know the powers that be might do that for maybe one movie but inevitably Hollywood will demand a romantic female lead.

Someone simple to begin with imo.

Vicki Vale for me.

I'd honestly try and make Selina Kyle and Talia Al Ghul recurring characters and the main overall love interests but in very different ways. While Talia should have some kind of history with Batman and be kind of a sober love interest, Catwoman should be vivacious and very much attached to the nightlife in Gotham. So Bruce flirts more with Catwoman and they repeatedly burn each other in wordplay about their secret identities, while Talia kind of tempts him with an easier path to "justice" and an escape from the cowl.

In my ideal world, Bruce would have met Talia in the period he was training around the world before either of them knew her father was Ra's Al Ghul; their early relationship should resemble Bruce and Andrea's relationship from Mask of the Phantasm, and the audience shouldn't be outright informed that her return has more to do with her father's plans than just a happy reunion. This way Bruce can actually show both some detective skills and heartache when he uncovers her masquerade, too late of course to prevent the conception of Damian Wayne. She should go from a wonderful supporting character in one film to supporting antagonist to major antagonist by her last appearnace, by which point she's trying to build a better world for her son to rule, regardless of Bruce's opposition to her.

Selina, on the other hand, should accidentally start forming something like a serious attachment to Batman only after she figures out who he is and they grudgingly team up a few times because Ra's, Joker, and maybe even Riddler are just a little too dangerous to not finangle their plans. She probably flirts with the first Robin just to get a rise out of the Bats, has a rivalry with Batgirl and is the first person outside of the family to realize the havoc Joker wreaked during his worst rampage when Jason Todd dies and Barbara gets hospitalized.

All other love interests are by and large comedic players who get flabbergasted by Bruce's activities and occasionally frightened when they stumble into Talia's targeting pattern or Bruce and Selina's rap battles.

go with someone the general audience has never seen/heard of this time. julie madison or silver st. cloud.

although andrea beaumont in a live action film that took some plot points from mask of the phantasm wouldn't be too bad to see either.

Vicki Vale first, then Andre Beaumont, who will become the Phantasm.

go with someone the general audience has never seen/heard of this time. julie madison or silver st. cloud.

although andrea beaumont in a live action film that took some plot points from mask of the phantasm wouldn't be too bad to see either.

Julie Madison was in Batman and Robin I believe but that movie doesn't really matter

I'd honestly try and make Selina Kyle and Talia Al Ghul recurring characters and the main overall love interests but in very different ways. While Talia should have some kind of history with Batman and be kind of a sober love interest, Catwoman should be vivacious and very much attached to the nightlife in Gotham. So Bruce flirts more with Catwoman and they repeatedly burn each other in wordplay about their secret identities, while Talia kind of tempts him with an easier path to "justice" and an escape from the cowl.

In my ideal world, Bruce would have met Talia in the period he was training around the world before either of them knew her father was Ra's Al Ghul; their early relationship should resemble Bruce and Andrea's relationship from Mask of the Phantasm, and the audience shouldn't be outright informed that her return has more to do with her father's plans than just a happy reunion. This way Bruce can actually show both some detective skills and heartache when he uncovers her masquerade, too late of course to prevent the conception of Damian Wayne. She should go from a wonderful supporting character in one film to supporting antagonist to major antagonist by her last appearnace, by which point she's trying to build a better world for her son to rule, regardless of Bruce's opposition to her.

Selina, on the other hand, should accidentally start forming something like a serious attachment to Batman only after she figures out who he is and they grudgingly team up a few times because Ra's, Joker, and maybe even Riddler are just a little too dangerous to not finangle their plans. She probably flirts with the first Robin just to get a rise out of the Bats, has a rivalry with Batgirl and is the first person outside of the family to realize the havoc Joker wreaked during his worst rampage when Jason Todd dies and Barbara gets hospitalized.

All other love interests are by and large comedic players who get flabbergasted by Bruce's activities and occasionally frightened when they stumble into Talia's targeting pattern or Bruce and Selina's rap battles.
Quie a few cool ideas in here. Ra's training Bruce in the Nolan movies didn't bother me at all. Having Bruce and Talia involved (and unbeknownst to Bruce,Damien is concieved)prior to his becoming Batman in the next set of films could work nicely.

I'd like to see Batman and Catwoman teaming up against Black Mask,Hush or Two Face namely.

Last edited:
i think the reboot should forego a love interest completely. like the judge dredd reboot. if anything they could alude to batman and catwoman having a 'thing'

i think the reboot should forego a love interest completely. like the judge dredd reboot. if anything they could alude to batman and catwoman having a 'thing'
I could see them maybe getting by the first movie without a serious love interest but after that it's almost a guarentee. Reguardless,I'd love to see more of the millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne.

Catwoman and Talia should be recurring characters.

Love the idea of a live action Mask of the Phantasm though.... that would be too amazing.

I could see them maybe getting by the first movie without a serious love interest but after that it's almost a guarentee. Reguardless,I'd love to see more of the millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne.

Agreed. I guess he could date non-exclusively, or of course just allude that he's a playboy, but definitely nothing serious for the first rebooted film. More time to establish character. Although, I wouldn't mind the film introducing a potential flame at the end of film, whomever that may be. And can we all agree that inventing a brand new love interest who didn't exist in the comics is just a terrible idea? Please - no more Rachel Dawes characters! We suffered enough through that.

I would love if Catwoman was a recurring character, though she wouldn't have to be love interest in the classical sense.

Last edited:
I haven't really felt like we've seen Catwoman and Batman properly together yet. We haven't seen the drama, the flirtation etc. It's always like they begin the relationship than get distracted by the big bad.

Silver St. Cloud would be a blast from the past. If Rupert Thorne is in it, then that much better.

Andrea Beaumont/The Phantasm would be a more interesting character to fill in for Catwoman, who could even be left out of this next series really.

BUT likelihood is, they won't try to mix things up like this.

So far, we haven't actually seen a variation of the classic "Batman tries to catch Catwoman while she robs people blind and flirts up a storm with him" cliche in film. She can be a recurring character who adds some lighthearted teasing to the films. That alone would probably work better than Vicki Vale or Silver St. Cloud.

Why can't we have Catwoman as a recurring character, cameo perhaps to begin, while Bruce romances other females?

Adds a bit of dynamic

I don't care what anyone says batman I like Batman to be as much of a loner as possible

Rachel Dawes

JonLuvits.gif

I've always wanted to see Selina as an ongoing love interest, evolving into Catwoman.

I've always wanted to see Selina as an ongoing love interest, evolving into Catwoman.

That could be intriguing. She could even have the equivalent of the Joker card scene in Batman Begins and go from there.

Selina needs to be his love interest like in TLH. And I want to see Batman chasing Catwoman on rooftops

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"