The Rise of Skywalker What new Ship/vehicle??

LTuser

Civilian
Reaction score
Nearly every movie we've had since EP4 aired back in the 70s, we've had a new vehicle/walker/starfighter/cap ship be 'revealed'. From the U-wing in Rogue one, to the Jedi fighters in Ep 2, to the ape walkers in TLJ...

So what do YOU think would make a good new vehicle/ship to introduce??

I don't have any specific requests, I just want more new ships in these movies.

I don't count the new X-wings, Tie Fighters, or even the gorilla walkers as truly "new" vehicles, just upgraded versions of old ones.

Looking at it this way, there really haven't been a whole lot of new vehicles in these new movies at all, which is one thing that really disappoints me.

There was the U-wing, the Tie Striker, and the tank in Rogue One.

There was the Quadjumper and Han's new freighter in TFA.

There were the Canto Bight speeders in TLJ, and DJ's ship (which has admittedly grown on me). It's debatable whether the Ski-Speeders count as new vehicles or a thinly veiled rework of the B-wings. Even though it resembles a Star Destroyer, I'd argue that the Dreadnaught somewhat counts as a new ship, since it's function is entirely different.

I'm probably missing a couple, but there has been a severe lack of new, inventive vehicles in these new movies. In my opinion the only one with truly interesting new vehicles has been Rogue One.

Poe aka the best star-fighter pilot is going to need a new one-man fighter to lead (what is left of) the resistance squadron.
That seems to be a beloved staple, although I'm not sure where they'll rebuild or get any new fighters?
Will it be another slightly updated x-wing or a brand new one-man fighter?

Unless he's been completely neutered, had the cocky star-pilot permanently slapped out of him?
Maybe he'll safely drive the new Rebel Bus.

Last edited:
It'd be the perfect time to introduce some new Resistance vehicles in the wake of TLJ but I bet they'll play it safe and bring back X-Wings. That's been the approach so far, so results have ranged from fine-to-boring for me.

The laziest concept has to be the "Battering Ram Canon with Death Star™ tech". Lame

Poe aka the best star-fighter pilot is going to need a new one-man fighter to lead (what is left of) the resistance squadron.
That seems to be a beloved staple, although I'm not sure where they'll rebuild or get any new fighters?
Will it be another slightly updated x-wing or a brand new one-man fighter?

Unless he's been completely neutered, had the cocky star-pilot permanently slapped out of him?
Maybe he'll safely drive the new Rebel Bus.

Well, the rest of Black Squadron supposedly was deployed prior to the evacuation from the base/ie just prior to episode 8 but after episode 7 -- and they did not participate in the battle. This is mentioned in the novelization. So Snap and Jess and whoever else are still out there, presumably with their X-wings.

I'd bet we see some new iteration on the B-wing. But yeah, I wish we'd gotten more new hardware out of this trilogy rather than recolors. I do like the tweaked Xwings, but still.

For me it was the hardware (including stormtrooper gear and weapons) that drew me into SW as a kid... much moreso than the Jedi aspect of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"