What other human level DC characters could make for an interesting solo character study film?

eon001

Sidekick
Reaction score
If the new Joker movie trailer got me thinking about this.

Lex Luthor rise to power drama - Corporate style house of cards, mixed in with a coming of age drama. How the boy became the man, and the underhanded thing he had to do to get the edge.

Lois Lane investigation thriller. - little bit of Erin Brockvich and spotlight, set in Metropolis. Investigating crime from Intergang or Lex corp's corporate corruption.

The Question crime drama. Little bit of V for Vendetta mixed in with the movie Nightcrawler. Investigating Gotham corruption.

Keep it low budget and street level in the own separate universe to allow for creativity freedom.

Any other human level characters do you think could get the Todd Phillips Joker treatment?

I wouldn't mind seeing a Question movie (not sure about the other two).

I'd definitely see a Catwoman solo, maybe something along the lines of her arc in The Long Halloween/Dark Victory/When in Rome.

2 time Oscar nominee Jude Law stars in Luca Guadagnino’s “The Young Butler”, virtually a remake of James Ivory’s 1993 adaptation of Kazuo Ishiguro’s novel “The Remains of the Day.”

:o

The Question could work really well as a Raymond Chandler-style detective movie. And I think a Lex Luthor film could have a lot of potential, provided that they finally get him right on film.

These should all be virtual remakes of better movies.

Jim Gordon: Serpico!

Jonathan and Martha Kent. I’ll never go out of my way to demand such a movie be made, but it could be very fascinating to see how rewarding, scary, and just plain weird it would be to even come to the decision to raise an alien baby.

Lex is my first choice, though.

Last edited:
Jonathan and Martha Kent. I’ll never go out of my way to demand such a movie be made, but it could be very fascinating to see how rewarding, scary, and just plain weird it would be to even come tonthe decision to raise an alien baby.
That's a really interesting idea that I would never have thought of :up:

Jonathan and Martha Kent. I’ll never go out of my way to demand such a movie be made, but it could be very fascinating to see how rewarding, scary, and just plain weird it would be to even come tonthe decision to raise an alien baby.

Lex is my first choice, though.
The Kent's story is actually a very interesting idea.

There was that movie a while ago called Midnight Special that used some of that idea as a starting off point

Lex Luthor. He's one of the greatest supervillains ever and what makes him great has never really been done on film. If done correctly, it would be a fascinating character study on ego and power.

There was that movie a while ago called Midnight Special that used some of that idea as a starting off point
I wonder how much Brightburn will focus on that.

Yeah, if you see Midnight Special (Michael Shannon is great in that.) and Brightburn and Man of Steel (it shows Kents' story to some extent), you get enough idea about the different directions Kent's story could go.

I would do Lex Luthor - though I think stand alone movies for some of the classic Batman villains, in the style of The Joker, would be really interesting. Especially if they were all set in this 80’s Gotham City.

The Question. Make it as raw as Dennis O’Neil’s classic comicbook run and go all the way with it.

Zsasz could be interesting if they do it as a straight-up serial killer horror film. I don't know why they keep making him a stupid mob hitman in movies and TV shows. I'd much rather a film follow Zsasz around as he slaughters random people and positions them in ways so that they first appear to still be alive when people find them. Start the movie with his first kill (and first scar) and end it when he's covered in tally marks.

As I've said elsewhere, while Lex Luther totally has enough substance as a character to support a movie, the prospect of such a movie actually being made does not enthuse. There is far, far too high a likelihood that a good chunk of the audience, or ( worse ) the actual creative team themselves, would pretend that Lex Luther actually is the hero, in truth rather than in his own delusions. I don't think the world really needs an unintentional ( or intentional! ) Lex Luther propaganda movie.

I was saying the other day, once “Joker” makes a ton of money, WB are going approach a bunch of A-list guys like Bradley Cooper, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, and Matthew McConaughey for “Luthor”. And I’d be all for it. Introduce our new Superman in there as the antagonist and the House of El is back in order.

Victor Fries aka Mr Freeze. It would be a film about the power of love and revenge showing how Victor and Nora fell in love, achieved scientific acclaim, how they're love is tested by their illness, how Ferris Doyle takes away any chance of her recovering , and how Victor becomes Mr Freeze and gets revenge.

You get the audience to actually know and fall in love with Nora and see how Victor goes from being an an idealistic scientist to become a single minded machine.

For Victor Fries, my choice is Michael Fassbender and Jodie Whittaker as Nora.

Director, Guillermo del Toro

latest

I wouldn't mind seeing a Question movie (not sure about the other two).

I'd definitely see a Catwoman solo, maybe something along the lines of her arc in The Long Halloween/Dark Victory/When in Rome.
I could actually see a cool heist type movie with Catwoman. Like a mix of Oceans 11 and catch me if you can.
I'd definitely like to see a Catwoman flick, like in your suggestions above. And yeah, a noir-ish The Question could be cool if done well.

Luthor but only if it ends the way Red Son does.

I was saying the other day, once “Joker” makes a ton of money, WB are going approach a bunch of A-list guys like Bradley Cooper, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, and Matthew McConaughey for “Luthor”. And I’d be all for it. Introduce our new Superman in there as the antagonist and the House of El is back in order.
I feel if Joker is successful they will probably keep any following movies at a human level. No capes, super powers, magic etc.

I think a no powers DC elsewords anthology movie series would be fine. They can keep Superman, Aquaman Shazam etc in there own separate universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"