What other Marvel TV specials do you want?

Yeah after D23, I think Marvel has said all it could say about Rogers: The Musical. Don't really need to see more of it.

Speaking of musicals, I wouldn't mind using my idea of an in-universe documentary for a behind the scenes making of "Rogers The Musical."

Speaking of musicals, I wouldn't mind using my idea of an in-universe documentary for a behind the scenes making of "Rogers The Musical."

Aren't we just going round in circles? Why we're talking about musicals in the first place at the moment is because you brought up the very same idea on the previous page and posters here said they weren't interested in more on Rogers the musical. So on the back of that you now you say "speaking of musicals" and bring up the exact same point? :huh:

Aren't we just going round in circles? Why we're talking about musicals in the first place at the moment is because you brought up the very same idea on the previous page and posters here said they weren't interested in more on Rogers the musical. So on the back of that you now you say "speaking of musicals" and bring up the exact same point? :huh:

There are probably people outside this forum that wants to see Rogers the Musical, whether in universe or even in real life.

Another genre I want to see the TV specials tackle is travel and culture.

There are probably people outside this forum that wants to see Rogers the Musical, whether in universe or even in real life.

What I'm saying is this:

Another idea for an "in-universe" documentary: A behind the scenes of Rogers: The Musical.

They shouldn't waste more time in that musical that was just filler.

Yeah after D23, I think Marvel has said all it could say about Rogers: The Musical. Don't really need to see more of it.

Dazzler, on the other hand, I would like to see as a musical special.

And round and round we go.

A second idea I have for one of these specials: An in-universe infomercial for a place like New Asgard, whichever company in the MCU is still around or even a product used by many MCU Characters. In real life, these infomercials are usually 30 minutes long.

I think a Dazzler musical would work in a "Behind the Music" format, in which they could tell her origin story.

Hmmm, looks like they are doing a . HOLIDAY SPECIAL

Sorry I meant ....

Last edited:
I had forgotten/not really clocked that the previously announced Guardians holiday special was a special in the same way as WBN, till today. The whole special concept is a great addition to the MCU. Can’t wait to hear of more.

I had forgotten/not really clocked that the previously announced Guardians holiday special was a special in the same way as WBN, till today. The whole special concept is a great addition to the MCU. Can’t wait to hear of more.

As an MCU project, it's likely to be middle of the road, but it could end up being one of my most recent favorite Christmas projects. I base this on the fact that it doesn't deal with the regular Christmas tropes we see in a lot of these Christmas movies (especially the Netflix and Lifetime movies), which are:

- A young woman from a small town in America meets a European Royal from a fictional European country. He is in America right around the Holidays and after meeting the woman, he falls in love with her despite the fact that he's engaged to a princess from another fictional European country and he usually breaks it off with her. The royal (usually the heir to the throne) and the American woman fall in love and she moves to that fictional European country he's going to rule. If it's successful, it will warrant a sequel.
- A young woman from the big city who's usually an executive, a socialite or celebrity heading to a small town, either for the first time ever or she was born and raised in that town and moved out to the big city (usually either New York or Los Angeles) and when she goes to the town, she meets the locals, one of whom is a young man who lives in town and works at a local business. They end up getting together and falling in love but she is engaged to a guy from the big city and she must choose between the small town guy and the big city guy before Christmas. She chooses the small town guy.
- A kid (or kids) join forces with someone related to Christmas (sometimes it's Santa, sometimes it's one of his elves) to save Christmas from evil (usually a disgruntled former Elf who became disenfranchised about Christmas or even some sort of Anti-Christmas sorcerer).

I love Christmas movies that don't deal with these tropes. There haven't been many of that recently though that don't have those tropes. Now I am not against any romance of any kind in any Christmas movie, I am against romance in Christmas movies that use these tropes because they are bland, predictable and boring. I am glad that the GOTG Christmas Special won't delve into any of these tropes, which will make it a fun little Christmas movie.

As an MCU project, it's likely to be middle of the road, but it could end up being one of my most recent favorite Christmas projects. I base this on the fact that it doesn't deal with the regular Christmas tropes we see in a lot of these Christmas movies (especially the Netflix and Lifetime movies), which are:

- A young woman from a small town in America meets a European Royal from a fictional European country. He is in America right around the Holidays and after meeting the woman, he falls in love with her despite the fact that he's engaged to a princess from another fictional European country and he usually breaks it off with her. The royal (usually the heir to the throne) and the American woman fall in love and she moves to that fictional European country he's going to rule. If it's successful, it will warrant a sequel.
- A young woman from the big city who's usually an executive, a socialite or celebrity heading to a small town, either for the first time ever or she was born and raised in that town and moved out to the big city (usually either New York or Los Angeles) and when she goes to the town, she meets the locals, one of whom is a young man who lives in town and works at a local business. They end up getting together and falling in love but she is engaged to a guy from the big city and she must choose between the small town guy and the big city guy before Christmas. She chooses the small town guy.
- A kid (or kids) join forces with someone related to Christmas (sometimes it's Santa, sometimes it's one of his elves) to save Christmas from evil (usually a disgruntled former Elf who became disenfranchised about Christmas or even some sort of Anti-Christmas sorcerer).

I love Christmas movies that don't deal with these tropes. There haven't been many of that recently though that don't have those tropes. Now I am not against any romance of any kind in any Christmas movie, I am against romance in Christmas movies that use these tropes because they are bland, predictable and boring. I am glad that the GOTG Christmas Special won't delve into any of these tropes, which will make it a fun little Christmas movie.

There is a reason the best Christmas movie, to this day, still remains the same: Die Hard. *eg*

I want to see a special about what life was like for regular people during the Blip. It could be an in-universe documentary.

I want to see a special about what life was like for regular people during the Blip. It could be an in-universe documentary.
Yeah, I think that needs to be addressed better and could be interesting to see how it affects regular people outside of superheroes.

Since Man Thing is connected to the Multiverse and the Nexus of all Realities, we could get a special called "Quantum of Sallis". :o

everyone does Halloween and Christmas specials...

how about a marvel family Thanksgiving dinner (most likely gone wrong) special
upload_2022-10-28_15-26-57.png

everyone does Halloween and Christmas specials...

how about a marvel family Thanksgiving dinner (most likely gone wrong) special
View attachment 59620

I think that'd be fun to do with some weird extended family. While on the one hand I think it's good the MCU has simplified the families, it's a shame we don't really have a super weird extended family to use like in the comics.

WTNpgWF.png

In the comics pretty much everyone is related lol.

• Take the Maximoff twins who have like 7 or 8 different adoptive parents/caretakers besides their bio parents (Django + Marya, Magneto, Whizzer + Miss America, Bova, Agatha, High Evolutionary).
  • There's also Luminous who is created from both of their genetic material by the Evolutionary.
  • Then Pietro has a daughter with Crystal which links him to literally the entire Inhuman royal family.
  • Wanda has a relationship with Vision who is related to Wonder Man and the original Human Torch through his creation.
  • Wonder Man is the brother of Grim Reaper.
  • The original Human Torch is kind of related to the likes of Toro, Frankie Raye/Nova, etc.
  • Vision also built an additional family including Virginia, Vin, Viv, and Sparky.
  • Vision is related to the Ant-Family with Ultron as his "dad" and Hank Pym as his "grandfather", Janet as his "grandmother", etc. He has a bunch of robotic "siblings" and "aunts/uncles" from that like Jocasta, Alkhema, Victor Mancha, Dimitrios, Alexis, etc.
  • Vision also has a duplicate in Jonas-Vision, who inherited the brain patterns of Iron Lad (AKA Nathaniel Richards).
  • Nathaniel Richards is a descendent of Reed Richards, also making him related to the entire Fantastic Four extended family, plus he's supposedly also a descendent of Doom.
  • Hank Pym also has a biological-son-through-skrull-surrogate with Tigra.
  • Wanda and Vision then have two reincarnated magic babies in Wiccan and Speed, who also both grew up in a new family post-reincarnation.
  • Wiccan is in a relationship with Hulkling who is related to both Mar-Vell and his children Genis-Vell and Phyla-Vell, and the entire Skrull royal family which includes all the Dorreks, Anelle, Talos, Xavin, etc.
  • Phyla-Vell is in a relationship with Moondragon, who is the daughter of Drax.
  • Wiccan will also somehow become the Demiurge which will in turn birth all the elder gods like Chthon, Set, and Gaia.
  • Gaia is the mother of nearly every god from every pantheon including Frigga, Thor, Cronus and Rhea (Zeus' parents), and many, many more.
And probably a bunch more I'm forgetting. Like, everyone is connected... I'm glad it's not like that in the MCU. But it would be nice to have one pretty wacky family. Maybe if Wanda returns and Wiccan and Speed are reintroduced and stuff we can have a version of that for something like a Thanksgiving special.
be54a3cf-5586-40f5-b710-50d251ebed12

Thanksgiving is only a thing in the USA whereas Halloween became more and more famous in other countries. Other countries do have a different Thanksgiving which is more at the beginning of fall (last Sunday in September here)
Also Thanksgiving is a good time to drop stuff with christmassy spirit

Thanksgiving is only a thing in the USA whereas Halloween became more and more famous in other countries. Other countries do have a different Thanksgiving which is more at the beginning of fall (last Sunday in September here)
Also Thanksgiving is a good time to drop stuff with christmassy spirit

There are some other countries with American style Thanksgiving. Not many, but even Halloween is still far from universal. Heck, even Christmas isn't really anywhere near universal. Probably the closest you could hope to get to universal would be New Years and even that has major differences in style across borders plus major countries that still use a different calendar.

In the end, Thanksgiving is already widely understood even if it isn't widely practiced thanks to decades of American tv being exported all over the world. I don't think it would be at all an issue anywhere to have a marvel Thanksgiving special.

I think that'd be fun to do with some weird extended family. While on the one hand I think it's good the MCU has simplified the families, it's a shame we don't really have a super weird extended family to use like in the comics.
Dam!! That’s a lot of familial connections to remember!! Hard to keep track who is who in family trees
WTNpgWF.png

In the comics pretty much everyone is related lol.

• Take the Maximoff twins who have like 7 or 8 different adoptive parents/caretakers besides their bio parents (Django + Marya, Magneto, Whizzer + Miss America, Bova, Agatha, High Evolutionary).
  • There's also Luminous who is created from both of their genetic material by the Evolutionary.
  • Then Pietro has a daughter with Crystal which links him to literally the entire Inhuman royal family.
  • Wanda has a relationship with Vision who is related to Wonder Man and the original Human Torch through his creation.
  • Wonder Man is the brother of Grim Reaper.
  • The original Human Torch is kind of related to the likes of Toro, Frankie Raye/Nova, etc.
  • Vision also built an additional family including Virginia, Vin, Viv, and Sparky.
  • Vision is related to the Ant-Family with Ultron as his "dad" and Hank Pym as his "grandfather", Janet as his "grandmother", etc. He has a bunch of robotic "siblings" and "aunts/uncles" from that like Jocasta, Alkhema, Victor Mancha, Dimitrios, Alexis, etc.
  • Vision also has a duplicate in Jonas-Vision, who inherited the brain patterns of Iron Lad (AKA Nathaniel Richards).
  • Nathaniel Richards is a descendent of Reed Richards, also making him related to the entire Fantastic Four extended family, plus he's supposedly also a descendent of Doom.
  • Hank Pym also has a biological-son-through-skrull-surrogate with Tigra.
  • Wanda and Vision then have two reincarnated magic babies in Wiccan and Speed, who also both grew up in a new family post-reincarnation.
  • Wiccan is in a relationship with Hulkling who is related to both Mar-Vell and his children Genis-Vell and Phyla-Vell, and the entire Skrull royal family which includes all the Dorreks, Anelle, Talos, Xavin, etc.
  • Phyla-Vell is in a relationship with Moondragon, who is the daughter of Drax.
  • Wiccan will also somehow become the Demiurge which will in turn birth all the elder gods like Chthon, Set, and Gaia.
  • Gaia is the mother of nearly every god from every pantheon including Frigga, Thor, Cronus and Rhea (Zeus' parents), and many, many more.
And probably a bunch more I'm forgetting. Like, everyone is connected... I'm glad it's not like that in the MCU. But it would be nice to have one pretty wacky family. Maybe if Wanda returns and Wiccan and Speed are reintroduced and stuff we can have a version of that for something like a Thanksgiving special.
be54a3cf-5586-40f5-b710-50d251ebed12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"