The Avengers What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

I can understand that Loki wanted to continue the invasion only to the point where people would give up, but in context of that scene, the battle had just begun and it was too early to hold people as prisoners.

Whedon showed Black Widow's fighting skills when she jumped on the Chatauri's flying craft to go to Stark Tower, in my opinion Cap. America should have done that, but Cap got really meh action scenes.

Anyway, I expect Captain America to get better action scenes in Avengers 2, along with a better costume (and Helmet.)

Last edited:
He needs a new helmet at the very least. It just didnt hold up when in group shots. Cap needs more action scenes but i think it was pretty badass how he withstood a nearly point blank shot from a Chatauti rifle and got back up and kept fighting. That was a good durability feet considering an alien rifle presumeably packs more puch than a terrestrial one.

Whedon showed Black Widow's fighting skills when she jumped on the Chatauri's flying craft to go to Stark Tower, in my opinion Cap. America should have done that, but Cap got really meh action scenes.

Anyway, I expect Captain America to get better action scenes in Avengers 2, along with a better costume (and Helmet.)
I hope sooner than that in Winter soldier

Ugh, I really hate the painted-on wings on his helmet.

you think they should do away with the wings entirely?

The painted on wings didnt bother me much since i was already familiar with and used to the Ultimates version of Caps uniform. Real wings wouldnt look good onscreen, just watch Captain America the movie from 1990 if you need further evidence of that. Lol.

The size/shape of the helmet was far worse imo. They have to change it, they just have to. I much prefered Cap in Avengers when he wasnt wearing the mask, just the rest of his uniform. Standing next to the rest of the Avengers, they looked awesome while Cap looks... kinda silly. Hopefully they start by changing his helmetand then, who knows, maybe they retool the entire costume (fingers crossed).

I loved the look on all the Cap helmets. (must be one of the few that does)
Though like Thor only using the Helmet as a Crown, I think that unless Cap's battle is going to need head protection from explosions and such, I think he should go without. I liked that look too.

You're not alone Vartha. I'm fine with Cap's helm in Avengers and TFA. If they want to try to improve upon it thats fine, but imo they don't need to do much to it.

Thor's helm as a ceremonial piece I'm also fine with. But we just need to see MORE of it. We saw it for all of maybe 40 seconds on screen?

Im glad Caps helmet in Avengers wasnt stupid or distracting to some people, but for me it was hard to ignore. I honestly think having his ears exposed through the sides of the helmet would have made it look better to me. It just looks so bulbous when worn with the skintight cloth uniform he wore in Avengers. I guess the proportions felt off to me. Its the same problem i had with Batmans helmet in TDK. A big head or helmet can make the rest of your body look scrawnier than it accually is.

Just look at Batman in the begining of TDK. When foiling Cranes drug deal, talking to Gordon in the bank vault, and talking to Dent on the roof right before he leaves for China to get Lao Bats looks buff and muscular. Then he changes outfits and to me he looks much scrawnier, like when hes collecting evidence and ballistics at the murder scene of 2 police officers. I remember thinking during that scene, "Wow, he looks soooo much smaller than in the begining of the film.

I think its very similar to Caps situation. The more bulky outfit from the first film makes himlook buff and muscular, the new skintight outfit with bulbous helmet makes him look scrawnier and less buff. I will likely just have to get over it if they dont change it, like i did for Bats. But it wont be easy for me...

I'd definitely bet they'll change it for CA:TWS. Not only due to the plethora of complaints about his Avengers costume, but also because we have yet to see a hero wear the same costume in two different movies.

IM > IM2 > TA > IM3
War Machine in IM2 > IM3
Thor > TA > Thor:TDW
Black Widow in IM2 > TA
TIH > TA
Hawkeye in Thor > TA
CA:TFA > TA

and thats just the MCU. Obviously the same story with Nolan's Batmans, seems to be the case with the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man sequel. I have no idea why this is the new fad, but it seems to work thus far.

Action figure sales, more efficient/flexible costumes, appeasement of comic book nerds who each want to see different things for their live action superheroes.

^^^Wow, i honestly never even noticed. Youre right, pretty much everyone gets an upgraded costume, or downgraded depending on how.you look at it. Lol. But i do want Caps next costume to exude more, i dunno, toughness? But i agree, Cap will likey get a new suit, especially with badasses like Winter Soldier and Falcon suiting up in the next installment.

Another quick question, what happens to a regular human being when shot with a Chatauri rifle? Cap took a shot point blank and got back up to keep fighting. It was one of Caps best feats in Avengers (Im one of those people who think Cap didnt have enough feats in the movie). I agree Black Widow arguably had more feats then Cap did, but i just dont see her getting up from an alien rifle shot to the chest, as nice as that chest may be, like Captain America did. Glad it was included in the movie.

Those things would kill a normal human more than likely. I assume Widow's outfit has some kind of shielding, because it wouldn't make sense for it not to. Then you also have the theory that the MCU Widow is older than she appears.

Those things would kill a normal human more than likely. I assume Widow's outfit has some kind of shielding, because it wouldn't make sense for it not to. Then you also have the theory that the MCU Widow is older than she appears.

Thanks, i suspected that it would be fatal to a normal human. Including that scene helped Caps overall feats imo. He couldve used a few more feats, but i just know in Cap 2 hes gonna some sick action scenes.

I agree, definitely fatal to a normal human in street clothes. Likely fatal to Black Widow in even her (kevlar?) suit. Likely serious damage to Cap out of his (kevlar?) suit. Knocks him off his feet and the wind out of his lungs even with his suit on.

They are undoubtedly more powerful than most human-made weapons. Its probably similar to the Hydra weapons in CA:TFA. Which disintegrated humans upon contact. But with their protective armors its just an impact blast. After all, look at the damage the Chitauri rifles do in Item 47.

^^^Wow, i honestly never even noticed. Youre right, pretty much everyone gets an upgraded costume, or downgraded depending on how.you look at it. Lol. But i do want Caps next costume to exude more, i dunno, toughness? But i agree, Cap will likey get a new suit, especially with badasses like Winter Soldier and Falcon suiting up in the next installment.

Another quick question, what happens to a regular human being when shot with a Chatauri rifle? Cap took a shot point blank and got back up to keep fighting. It was one of Caps best feats in Avengers (Im one of those people who think Cap didnt have enough feats in the movie). I agree Black Widow arguably had more feats then Cap did, but i just dont see her getting up from an alien rifle shot to the chest, as nice as that chest may be, like Captain America did. Glad it was included in the movie.
Yeah she wouldn't rebound as easy as Cap. Cap's healing factor is alot faster than a normal human. Close to Thor's healing factor I'd say.

Thor is capable of doing a lot of things that would provide both a visual spectacle as well as some bad ass and memorable moments, and I really felt like he got the short end of the stick when it came to how much he was shown (allowed) to do in the final battle, especially when you consider the fact that this is the only other guy in the team that can actually fly as well.

And as I’ve said it before many times, I really felt like Marvel was putting a leash in terms of the casualty levels shown in the film.

They could imply it with montages of news reports, but ultimately, you never really saw people dying or even being dead from the invasion, which really lessened the tension and the stakes for me during the final battle.

Too many people got the better hand in a confrontation with Loki in this film, which didn’t help him in my honest opinion. It seems like he was only presented in being superior to human beings, regardless if they had been infused with the super soldier formula.

And I really thought that the whole Hellcarrier raid sequences were tamed; no intensity present in that sequence period.

Thor is capable of doing a lot of things that would provide both a visual spectacle as well as some bad ass and memorable moments, and I really felt like he got the short end of the stick when it came to how much he was shown (allowed) to do in the final battle, especially when you consider the fact that this is the only other guy in the team that can actually fly as well.

And as I’ve said it before many times, I really felt like Marvel was putting a leash in terms of the casualty levels shown in the film.

They could imply it with montages of news reports, but ultimately, you never really saw people dying or even being dead from the invasion, which really lessened the tension and the stakes for me during the final battle.

Too many people got the better hand in a confrontation with Loki in this film, which didn’t help him in my honest opinion. It seems like he was only presented in being superior to human beings, regardless if they had been infused with the super soldier formula.

And I really thought that the whole Hellcarrier raid sequences were tamed; no intensity present in that sequence period.

I agree they could have shown more of Thor doing his thing. Just curious, do you think he came off more powerful in Avengers or his solo film?

I agree they could have shown more of Thor doing his thing. Just curious, do you think he came off more powerful in Avengers or his solo film?

I think he did; we at least got to see him taking down two of those flying dragons with a might thunder strike and we got to see on how durable Thor's body was towards damage, let alone his endurance since he and Hulk were seemingly the only ones who didn't really look out of breath at the end of the battle.

yes, THAT was glorious indeed. The taking down of two Leviathon.

yes, THAT was glorious indeed. The taking down of two Leviathon.

That was pretty awesome. Also, I liked his fight with Iron Man a lot too. My friend was all like, " They are pretty evenly matched." And I was like, " No way!!! Iron Man is packing the power of like five Iron Man's right now! And Thor is still ripping off his armor like he's unwrapping foil from a plate of leftovers!!"

Also Thor and Iron Man's " Battle of the Headbutts" was great. Not to mention at the end of their little fight, Iron Man's Armor was nearly trashed and looked a mess, yet Thor didn't have a scratch on him. Badass!! :thor:

Thor was obviously not aiming to kill in both his fights with Stark and Hulk because he knew the deal behind them both. With Hulk he cut loose a little more and enjoyed it though.

Thor was obviously not aiming to kill in both his fights with Stark and Hulk because he knew the deal behind them both. With Hulk he cut loose a little more and enjoyed it though.

Agreed; I think the fact that Thor was able to rip off Iron Man’s face plate at the end of the New York battle shows that if Thor really did want to kill Iron Man, he could have simply done that and deal a deadly blow to Stark.

In regards to Hulk, Thor wasn’t even using any of his signature attacks due to not wanting to hurt either Hulk or the people inside the Hellcarrier.

On another note, I really wish that they had gone about filming this with a wide screen frame as opposed to the television sized one that they had used.

Agreed; I think the fact that Thor was able to rip off Iron Man’s face plate at the end of the New York battle shows that if Thor really did want to kill Iron Man, he could have simply done that and deal a deadly blow to Stark.

In regards to Hulk, Thor wasn’t even using any of his signature attacks due to not wanting to hurt either Hulk or the people inside the Hellcarrier.

On another note, I really wish that they had gone about filming this with a wide screen frame as opposed to the television sized one that they had used.

I forgot about that part. Good point.

And as much of a Hulk fanboy as I am, I concede to the fact that Thor couldn't possibly go all out on Hulk while on a Hellicarrier full of tiny mortals. A full on blast of lightning like the one killed those two Leviathans would destroy the Hellicarrier, kill many innocents, and KO Hulk at the very least.

I must say, the MCU Thor is much more responsible and aware of his surroundings then the cartoon Avengers Assembled version who destroyed a taxicab with the driver still inside that almos hit Jane Foster. Lol. I wish someone was able to post that. That was a serious WTF moment for me when I first saw it.

Also he knew Banner was Hulk and I doubt he wanted to kill his new reluctant ally. He even tried to talk him down at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"