What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Oct 27, 2012.

1. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Personally, if it were up to me, I would have added a few more things in the film’s plot.

Namely, if the budget had allowed it, I would have enjoyed seeing the battle for New York having taken an entire day’s worth, similar to how the battles for Minas Tirith and Helms Deep did in the last two LOTR films.

They could have had some great scenes where we could see some of the heavy hitters taking on the foes while the others did their best to get civilians to safety or getting some medical aid, while all throughout that time, we would see the casualties and the toll that this was taking on everyone, especially the heroes who are frustrated and feeling hopeless that despite everything they’re doing, more and more people are dying on the clock.

2. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

uh. I don't think you're right. If a lightning bolt could KO Hulk, Earth would be in some serious trouble.

3. TDK elbowstrike

TDK elbowstrike "I'm a man of my word..."

I don't know. To me its all about striking early enough that Hulk isnt enraged enough to tank it. Hulk not only gets stronger as he gets angrier, his durability and healing factor are also tied to his rage. If Thor hit him with a double Levaithan busting stream of lightning to start the fight, his chances of being able to KO Hulk would be decent imo. As long as he doesn't give Hulk time to get angrier. It's a possibility imo, although if I was wrong, I wouldn't be mad. I'm one of the biggest Hulk fans ever so I wouldn't mind being wrong.

4. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I also really wished that we would have gotten a scene where ALL of the Avengers were there together fighting the Chitauri in the same place at the same time in a all out assault as opposed to them being shown throughout the city in groups of two.

Which is why I find the "Avengers Assembled" scene where they're all gathered up in that group circle to be ironic because that scene was supposed to emphasize the importance of them finally banding together as a group, and as soon as they get together, they immediately separate from each other.lol

5. TDK elbowstrike

I agree. There were times when they worked in pairs, but not really all together. Widow and Hawkeye teamed up for a bit. Thor and Hulk teamed up briefly as well as some really cool scenes of Thor and Cap teaming up. Iron Man deflecting repulsor beams off Caps shield was also awesome. But I agree, as soon as the truly assembled in that circular pose, they took off on their own shortly after.

6. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

There is very little I didn't like in this film. Most importantly, the lack of tension and human collateral damage in the climactic fight; less importantly, Cap's costume. Seems like a petty complaint but his horrendous costume takes me out of the film everytime I see the film. Especially the scenes in daylight. The night (his battle with Loki in Germany and the threeway with Iron Man and Thor) masks it a little better.

7. TDK elbowstrike

I was slightly put off by Black Widows nonchalant attitude towards meeting Cap for the first time. I'm not saying she should have been all Coulson Fanboyish, but she barely acknowledged Cap upon first meeting him and her attitude seemed overall pretty meh. I would have expected her to at least be slightly impressed by meeting the great Captain America.

8. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

She was over compensating by overly displaying the "business as usual" attitude. Inside she was fuming and quivering mad at just how wretchedly sexy Cap was.

9. TDK elbowstrike

I like this answer. :yay:

10. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Just watched a scene with Captain America. I know its impossible to get as big as in the comics, but man does he look small in costume. He needs at least another 25 pounds of muscle.

11. TDK elbowstrike

Evans being 25 pounds heavier with muscle wouldve helped a little, but imo the skintight cloth suit and the bulbous helmet would have still detracted from his overall muscular look. The bigger your head looks, the smaller the rest of your proportions look. The screenshot with Cap, Hawkeye and Widow leaving for the last battle shows just how wrong his proportions look when compared to other average looking humans. But Evans was slightly smaller this time around.

12. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I think Evans IS smaller in Avengers over the Cap in First Avenger. At least I noticed his arms were smaller.
    I know they told Hemsworth not to get so big because he was ripping the sleeves of the armor not to mention it was cutting the circulation off to his hands lol

13. TDK elbowstrike

I have definately been impressed by Hemsworths physique in the movies. He does a good job bulking up. I do hope Evans gets bigger for Cap 2 and Avengers 2.

14. the last son

I didn't like the score. I like Silvestri and his score on Cap

15. Juicy J

Juicy J Well-Known Member

25 pounds??
    You're saying he needs at LEAST 25 pounds of muscle? That is an insane amount. He would look ridiculous. He needs the muscular, yet toned athletic look, which they achieved perfectly in Cap's solo film. 25 pounds added onto that is just overkill.
    I personally felt he looked fine in the Avengers. Sure he could've been bigger, but it in no way distracted me or effected my overall enjoyment of the film.

16. the last son

It distracted me. Look at when he fights Loki he looks very very small.

17. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

Firstly, he doesn't look very small. That's ludicrous. Secondly, an extra 25 pounds would be ridiculous to add on. 10 pounds maximum. Not all of the size seen in The First Avenger was Evans.

Did you think Christian Bale was too small for Batman in The Dark Knight/ Rises?

18. TheForgotten

TheForgotten Well-Known Member

But if they all fought together it wouldn't make much sense at all. They have a city to protect, Cap did the right thing and positioned everyone at different locations to fight the army strategically.

19. the last son

20. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

How odd lol

21. Kal-E

Kal-E Active Member

Nothing the film was perfect in every way. Best movie of all time.

22. peterparker0077

peterparker0077 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with many people here who had complaints about the way Cap was portrayed in the film. I might have said this before, but I think two small changes would of made cap so much better in this film:

1) When all the avengers are arguing on the helicarrier under the effects of Loki, I think Cap should of stopped himself in mid argument, and realized something was wrong. Of all the people there, he should of realized it, because that attitude just isn't how Cap is, he rises above that sort of stuff.

2) When he stops the fight between Thor and Ironman, he should have remained standing tall and unmoved. It would have been a great visual to see him standing tall with both Thor and Ironman knocked to the ground. And the line he said "Are we finished here?" Would have been much more powerful.

I also agree they could have made him win more of his situations, like the helicarrier scene, and the Bank scene.

Btw, I think the moment that changes Tony's perception of Cap is their conversation after Cousin dies, when Cap says he's not marching to Fury's fife either. I think that conversation on top of the rest of the experiences in the film changes Tony's mind, but it just wasn't strong enough on film to me.

23. BatVader

BatVader Member

The one (okay, the MAIN) thing I would have changed about the Avengers would be to have left the scene between Steve Rogers and the waitress at the outdoor cafe in the movie. I recall wondering what was the big deal was about the blonde seeing Cap without his helmet. Knowing they had interacted before would have given way more meaning to the later scenes IMO.

24. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

While I do agree with what you've said, it is in only hindsight that I do. Because during the movie when he landed on the car and it showed her..I immediately just thought that she was someone who knew he was Captain America and that they were in a very troubling situation. I remember seeing the deleted scene for the first time and thinking about the fact that I thought that Whedon did a great job capturing the emotion in that scene and why it was good or okay that it could be left out. Not everyone got that feeling, and that's okay. But definitely it would've made it more personable.

25. roach

roach I am the night

For me the climactic battle is the weakest part of the film...writing-wise. The military went straight to the nuclear option without deploying troops. Cloverfield is a perfect example of the military in action. Guns and tanks, helicopters and jets, bombing runs then nukes.