What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Oct 27, 2012.

1. roach I am the night

However this being aliens and a wormhole..no one could truly know what a nuke would do...having not tested conventional weapons on the aliens how would they have known that a nuke would kill the aliens....or what a nuclear explosion would do to the wormhole...it could have ripped open the wormhole and cast our planet on the far side of the universe...

2. BlackFox Ace

Fury leaping out of a crashing helicopter and surviving the fall.

3. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

+1 bonus points for responding to the same comment twice in almost identical ways

4. Green Goblin Crawling on walls

I felt they could have handled hawk eye better.

5. Bert Registered

Nothing. It was everything I was expecting and more. I was excited about this movie and after I left I couldn't stop grinning for a week. And I bought the blu ray and couldn't be happier. The movie made great use of its time, never paused, just shifted into different types of excitement. Constantly had jokes going (comedy as a genre has been in a slump for a couple years. Apatow and Phillips, we need something good from you, guess our action movies gotta pick up the slack)

In short, everything I wanted and more, I hope the next movies are still good quality movies, but go in other directions to keep it fresh.

6. Blake II Registered

1) Captain America's Capsule Helmet
    2) Captain America looked too skinny
    3) Captain America's blue was too fruity, it should have been a darker blue.
    4) Hawkeye didn't have a mask
    5) Hulk was a little too short
    6) The Chituari seemed a little too weak. Hell, Hawkeye kicked one with ease making him fall to his death.

7. Just_Human Registered

It was perfect imo

And I was skeptical before watching the movie

8. CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

No character motivation and very little development
    Captain America joining the first organistation that offered him a job without even researching if they were the good guys or not
    The throwaway line that retconned the emotional ending of Thor
    Black Widow grabbing the flying jetski without getting her arm ripped off and landing without breaking her bones.
    Hawkeye, everything about him
    Lokis power being less that it was in Thor
    Loki being weak as a kitten without his sceptre, and getting his butt handed to him by solo characters, thus negating the need for a team-up
    Loki smiling his butt off the whole movie. Not threatening 90% of the time
    Loki talking to thin air after Thor is flown away by Iron Man
    Iron Man being the main character instead of Captain America
    Nick Fury, everything about him
    Coulson a.k.a Captain America stalker
    Characters arguin with each other for nearly the whole movie.
    Fanboys who claim it's the best movie ever made

9. Vartha Mod of Thunder

:D just making sure the point was made, besides I don't always have internet and the danged putters at this library are so backed up with updates to software it's next to IMPOSSIBLE to keep up on them with freezing up and crashing

10. Senator Pleasury Registered

I dislike some of the humor. When it came from RDJ it was 100% okay since the guy and his character were perfect for it, but many times it just went against the characters and his motivations. Also it diminished Loki's character sometimes.

11. StreetWarrior Respectfully disagreeing.

Some of the humor, the mischaracterization of Hawkeye, and the lack of Ant-Man/Giant and/or Wasp. Very minor complaints. I'd still give it a 9 or 9.5 out of 10.

12. Thoix Registered

There bits of the first act I don't like and pieces of the second act I don't like, but I dislike the entire third act/final battle. It feels like I'm watching the four Avengers and two normal agents fighting against one of the most unthreatening and worst armies I've seen in a movie. On top of that, the Chitauri are led by the threatening and cunning villain turned into a walking joke and ragdoll Loki.

I also hate the fact the movie treats the few serious moments it has as joke, such as Thor's joke about Loki being adopted after Black Widow tells him Loki's killed 80 people. Humor! Oh wait, no. It's just one of the many cringe worthy line found in the movie.

Luckily most of the movie good. Not great, but good. I just hope Whedon doesn't try to play it safe withe sequel because it's obvious he held himself back with "The Avengers".

13. Senator Pleasury Registered

I think I'm about to drop a tear. I never thought I'd see the day when someone would say this so I could wholeheartedly agree.

I hated they turned Loki into a rag doll, no matter how many people could have laughed at that. I see with horror how many movies don't mind to treat great villains as some gag material for a few cheap laughs. It took all dignity out of the character like that. And as if that hadn't been enough they had him moaning with this cartoony face. I'm all for Hulk smashing him, but in a cool battle, like what Hulk had against Thor earlier, not like a Tom & Jerry episode.

And yes, when I talked about humor going against the characters and what they are, I was thinking specifically about "He's adopted." This is Thor, proud god of thunder who would defend his brother against these earthlings talking garbage about him, no matter how evil he might be. And in fact he was very aggressive towards those who were talking bad about Loki. And then BAM! Joke-time! Let's forget about who the character is and let's have this sitcom-like laugh moment!

14. Thoix Registered

I completely agree. It pains me how they made Loki so utterly pathetic in the final battle when he startrd off so strong and intmiating in the first place. Thr scene with Hulk and Loki is just painful to sit through now. I originally laughed too, but it only worked the first time. It's the same thing with most of the humor of this movie; they're just a bunch cheap laughs I expect from a bad comedy.

15. SpiderCool Registered

I feel like perhaps it could have done without Iron Man. He has too much charisma he saps it from everyone else. Also, it would have been shorter.

16. Xeno That's America's ass!

One thing I disliked was a geographical error: When Bruce's gamma signature scanner displayed the coordinates where the Tesseract was located, the longitude and latitude were wrong. Stark Tower's coordinates are 40°45′12″N 73°58′36″W (those of the MetLife Building in Midtown Manhattan); the coordinates on Banner's screen were 45°66.12'N/76°87.32'W, which in the real world is somewhere outside Ottawa, Canada. It's a tiny goof but it bothers me every time I see it.

(If that's not picking a nit I don't know what is.)

17. StreetWarrior Respectfully disagreeing.

Wow. No offense but that is the most nit-picky complaint I have ever heard. :oldrazz:

18. NewYorkSpider EndGame

They went a little overboard on the humor IMO.

I also didn't like how Thor powered up Iron Man's suit in the middle of the movie, only to not use it in the final fight for something. I was expecting that to happen and it never did.

19. CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

Well This thread is "What people DIDN'T like from The Avengers" :whatever:

I see no reason for insults.

#194 CyclopsWasRight, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  20. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

I did not like that the Oscorp tower was not in it.

21. Naked Shia Greece is the best coutry

I didn't really feel any danger nor tension.

Hawkeye is really boring.

those would be my gripes I guess.

22. ShadowBoxer Registered

A lot of that is just nitpicking. Also, I not sure you understood the concept of the Avengers if you thought that having them argue was a flaw in the movie.

23. meanmc Registered

After reading all these pages, i miss one thing i was thinking about right as i saw the part in the movie!

What i miss - and i think it would have been really great - is, after Hulk punches Thor during the fight in New York, Thor`s hammer should come flying as answer, maybe with close-ups of a "if you want a fight" looking but smiling Thor and an confused Hulk :woot:

Right after the punch, i expected the hammer coming - for me it is unrealistic, that Thor would not react, as someone punches him like this. No way!!!
    There has to come an answer...

But it fits in the whole movie. Hulk gets the spotlight, as do Iron Man, but Thor, although he is maybe the mightiest of them all, gets punched around two-times by the Hulk, and plays - like Captain America - second fiddle!

But, as the movie is far better as i ever expected, i never had hoped to see such a great Avenger movie EVER, it is just a small complaint!!!

24. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I'm sure I've said the same thing somewhere in this thread but I'll agree with you anyway.

The bad guys were like Puddies in the Power Rangers. Rita kept sending them out and the Rangers kept easily defeating them. If one has watched Power Rangers they will know what I'm talking about.

It's a fun movie, well the last hour is, but it's shallow as hell and pretty damn forgettable on the whole. I really hope Whedon ups the danger a little. I'd like it to have Winter's Soldier tone for the most part.

25. rashad Hype Board Junkie

:hehe: