What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Zionite1

Zionite1 Well-Known Member

Movie was really enjoyable but it had flaws.

1.Non threateninng Alien army
    2.Inconsitency with regards to Banners Control of the Hulk.
    3.Caps terrible costume.

2. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Just curious how you find it inconsistent? Just because he can have controlled Hulk outs (resulting in a more in control Hulk, or at least one that can be better 'aimed'), if he chooses, doesn't mean that events can't still happen to force him into an uncontrolled/against his will Hulk out (resulting in a rampaging Hulk). On the helicarrier, an explosion threw him out a window and down the equivalent of a story or two, injuring Banner (possibly even knocking the Banner persona out) resulting in an uncontrolled Hulk out - ergo rampaging Hulk. In New York, Banner wanted to change into the Hulk, he was in control of it, so Hulk's destruction could be better aimed.

I didn't see it as an inconsistency at all as the situations resulting in him hulking out aren't the same.

3. Zionite1

None of that was explained in the Avengers movie.None of it.You have to make your own logic with regards to Hulk control because nothing is provided in the movie. Theres the inconsitency

4. Silvermoon

Different opinions then. I thought, given what was shown, that there's enough there to allow the audience to make reasonable inference/them giving exposition to explain it wasn't needed.

5. Zionite1

Considering many others complained about the same thing they clearly didnt.

Still a 9/10 movie though

6. Chance Jackson

Chance Jackson Well-Known Member

all of this lol

7. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

CGI alien army. Prosthetics like the orcs in The Two Towers would've been great! Also, the theme about the balance of power in a world of heroes...I would like to have seen that given more of a focus, the driving theme of the movie. That's the one thing I feel it really lacks, and probably what I dislike most about The Avengers.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  8. MakeMinesMarvel

MakeMinesMarvel Well-Known Member

I hate when heroes neet they hsve to fight each other. Took to much time to actually get these guys in the same page finally.

9. ObakeTora

ObakeTora vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v

Caps fight choreographry, he wasn't as convincing as Winter Soldier. I wish they would have respected tradition by casting the original Avengers because alot of times it just seemed like Tony Stark and his [​IMG]

it seemed at times Cap was sorely underused, and I wish they would have waited to use him in a future film.

10. Herofan

Herofan Well-Known Member

I admit to not being a big fan of the Avengers comic book characters but the main thing that bothered me in the movie was that the Hulk felt really forced in and I especially disliked that after he seemed to have become villainous he suddenly is treated as and is expected to be regarded as a beloved and reliable hero.

11. 4thWallBreaker

4thWallBreaker Well-Known Member

Spot on. Adding to #1, I thought that it was quite convenient that once "unplugged" from the mothership via its distruction that the Chitauri would just keel over. Lame. They're biological. I didn't understand that.

Also adding to number one, only a hundred killed by the giant invasion. The giant wyrm like thing that crashed into buildings would've stacked hundreds, if not a thousand. Then you have the Chitauri shooting all willy-nilly, and so it should be a lot higher death toll.

12. Silvermoon

Even Joss acknowledged that the "kill the queen bee, kill the drones" ending was a cop out and it bothered him that he needed to resort to it. However he felt it had to be done because otherwise he felt the sense of triumph would be lost if you then have to have the Avengers continuing to fight (for who knows how long) against the remaining forces.

As for your add on, where's the indication that 'only a hundred' were killed by the invasion? I don't recall any numbers of casualties being stated not even during the 'news montage' at the end

13. 4thWallBreaker

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen...innocent-people-died-in-the-avengers-1663407/

Daredevil, baby! Good ol'Ben Urich. Plus creators of The Avengers announced that very same thing before the show in a Q&A.

14. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

The seemingly small amount of casualties revealed in a blink-and-you-miss-it headline in an ancillary MCU installment really detracts from the realism of giant green monsters, aliens, Gods and enhanced supermen.

15. Silvermoon

That headline says 'hundreds' (plural). That means it can be anywhere from 200 to even 999 people. Not 'only a hundred' (as you initially claimed)

Do you have a link to the Q&A?

16. 4thWallBreaker

I looked for it. I can't find it. I do remember creators saying so. Maybe not Whedon, but Feige or someone.

17. Steamteck

Steamteck Well-Known Member

Seemed obvious to me.