What rating will this movie be after seeing the trailer?

spideyfan77

Civilian
Reaction score
Before the trailer, I would have said that the movie 100% rated PG-13 but after the trailer.....I am 50/50 split.

What does everyone think? Which would you prefer?

Batman is a major IP, so I lean PG-13. But if it ends up R, can't say I will be surprised.

I reckon it'll be a 15 in the UK, not sure what that is stateside.

I don’t think it’s out of the question that it could be R. But based on something like TDK or Reeves’s Apes films, I’m guessing PG-13. But you can bet they’ll go right up to that line between PG-13 and R, though.

This question is pretty obvious since this seems like the main Batman franchisee.

Maybe if there was clearly another Batman series to sell to kids and families they would go R.

Can't imagine the level of sexuality or gore needed for an R rating being present nor do I feel like multiple f-bombs would be remotely worth the box office hit this would take with an r rating. Impossible? No, unlikely? Very.

I would love an R-rating and if that's what Reeves wants, then hopefully he can get it. But The Dark Knight had a lot of horrific stuff in it, more so with just a lot of what the Joker describes than what we actually see, and had a PG-13 rating. Again, I would love an R-rating and hope the studio would give that to Reeves if he wants it, but would not be surprised by PG-13 as well.

Its gonna be PG-13. Simply isn't happening any other way. If The Dark Knight didn't need R to work, neither does this, and WB isn't going to throw away millions of dollars of box office revenue.

The MPAA is incredibly lenient on violence for big studios and I can't imagine this will have nudity or excessive cussing. PG-13.

Even with Joker, Logan and Deadpool being so successful, I can’t imagine a world where they make a Batman film in their main series R-rated. A Batman film thats something like Joker where it is it’s own thing and a “unique” interpretation? Sure it could happen, but definitely not their main series.

Up until a few months ago, I would have voted that this movie would be PG-13. Then my vote would have shifted to "theatrical PG-13 release, with a home release R-rated Director's Cut afterward."

Now though, I'm just leaning towards it being outright rated R. I could totally be wrong. There's plenty of reasons why I'd imagine they wouldn't. But there's just something about it all that feels like we're getting an R-rated Batman.

And while it obviously isn't proof or anything, Jett Ramey has hinted lately that he's heard they're making this an R-rated film... and he's largely been on a roll with his info for this film lately.

It'll be PGified cause even after all this time, they're still whimps who can't go all the way.

Jk... Sort of.. but I actually just saw Tenet and it got pretty damn dark at times (probably moreso than Nolan's Batfilms themselves) and that was PG 13 so... It could happen

But they're still whimps for it :o

It'll be a 12A, whatever that translates as elsewhere. Would like a 15 but that's never gonna happen after Batman Returns and what happened over that rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"