What should the tone of MOS be?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by ManWithNoName18, Sep 29, 2016.

1. ManWithNoName18 Registered

Recently Vaughn seems to be the person on WB's radar. Here's his thoughts on a Superman movie.

“I think that’s the one thing not to do with Superman, trying to do the serious The Dark Knight version. Superman is about color and fun, or it should be, for me.”

2. Question The White Wolf

I'm all for the next Superman movie having more optimism, but I'll be very displeased if they go the MCU route. I think the DCAU had a perfect balance of idealism and seriousness.

3. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

I agree with what he says there but I hope that's not an indication that the tone will go too far the other way. I Like Superman stories that explore serious issues. If they pitch it about the level of CA:CW I'll be happy.

4. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Absolutely agree. I don't want a 'typical' MCU-type film (as much as I like some of them) but I thought CA:CW had a great tone - not too heavy, not too light. I hope the second Supes solo has that kind of feel.

5. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Is there a real tonal difference between MCU (of which there are many tones) and DCAU (of which there are also many tones)?

I just resist this aversion to the idea of DC making 'Marvel movies' when that is what a lot of the DC source material is like.