Homecoming What should they do with the Spidey franchise? - Part 2

Seriously, if plans go according to what Pascal is suggesting, and they start shooting next winter... :mrk:

What's going on? Could you summarize what I missed for me?

In a nutshell, Pascal is envisioning a franchise reboot for 2017 starring the Spidey that will be introduced in Civil War. She hopes they start shooting around winter 2015 or 2016.

In a nutshell, Pascal is envisioning a franchise reboot for 2017 starring the Spidey that will be introduced in Civil War. She hopes they start shooting around winter 2015 or 2016.

So that means they're going to do the deal with Marvel?

Just sucks that Sony was wanting to let go of Garfield as if he were to blame for TASM2's disappointment.

What they said.

The only thing I'm not liking is that they're still trying their best to give him to Marvel, but keep their fingerprints on him at the same time.

Taking everything with a grain of salt, of course.

It appears as though regardless of any deals made regarding the live action Spidey rights Sony is committed to a animated Miller and Lord Spider-man movie. What if Marvel allows Marvel to use ALL of the MCU characters in this production to partially compensate Sony for sharing live-action rights?

A comedic animated feature that has Spidey sharing screen time with Iron Man, Rocket Raccoon and the Hulk has the potential to be a big hit for Sony, and loaning the studio the characters won't impact Feige and Company's plans for the MCU. And Miller and Lord have proven themselves trustworthy interpreting iconic superheroes for the big screen.

What they said.

The only thing I'm not liking is that they're still trying their best to give him to Marvel, but keep their fingerprints on him at the same time.

Taking everything with a grain of salt, of course.

Yeah, I was bothered reading about how they want to keep making Spidey movies even after the cameo. Yuck.

It was more-so him dissing Sony and publicly blaming them for ASM2's reception.

I'm glad Andrew took a stand. Somebody had to. I love TASM 2, but at this point its obvious to see how money hungry Sony is and how little they care about the character. Those emails were horrible. Spider-man deserves better, and so does Andrew.

The Garfans in here must be PISSED.

Of course this is before what is gonna be the financial disaster that is this hack so...:awesome:

:funny:

I'm interested to see what some of the emails contain now, if any are being exchanged at all:

g4bIU0A.gif

The Garfans in here must be PISSED.

Nah. Just really sad over the whole thing. Of course I'm excited if Spidey gets to be in the MCU but I really loved Andrew. All I wanted was a trilogy and nothing more. Instead Sony got money hungry and decided to try and make an entire cinamatic universe and shove a bunch of easter eggs in TASM 2 and had to cut scenes to make room for them. Regardless of whether Spider-man goes to Marvel or not, it looks like Andrew was done being Spidey at the begninning of Fall. I just wish he would of been able to finish his trilogy or at least had a movie that would if been pretty much universally liked/recieved. Hes my favorite Spidey. Its really a shame and waste on Sony's part.

I'd still love to see an outright sell. However, if he ends up in Civil War and the Infinity War films, so be it.

It appears as though regardless of any deals made regarding the live action Spidey rights Sony is committed to a animated Miller and Lord Spider-man movie. What if Marvel allows Marvel to use ALL of the MCU characters in this production to partially compensate Sony for sharing live-action rights?

A comedic animated feature that has Spidey sharing screen time with Iron Man, Rocket Raccoon and the Hulk has the potential to be a big hit for Sony, and loaning the studio the characters won't impact Feige and Company's plans for the MCU. And Miller and Lord have proven themselves trustworthy interpreting iconic superheroes for the big screen.

And sony would make a lot of money on that (and odds are with lord and miller it will be a quality product). That is a very fair deal, Disney: sweeten the pot!

I'm confused, would Spidey still be getting solo movies? Maybe this time around they will concentrate on one villain at a time.

Nah. Just really sad over the whole thing. Of course I'm excited if Spidey gets to be in the MCU but I really loved Andrew. All I wanted was a trilogy and nothing more. Instead Sony got money hungry and decided to try and make an entire cinamatic universe and shove a bunch of easter eggs in TASM 2 and had to cut scenes to make room for them. Regardless of whether Spider-man goes to Marvel or not, it looks like Andrew was done being Spidey at the begninning of Fall. I just wish he would of been able to finish his trilogy or at least had a movie that would if been pretty much universally liked/recieved. Hes my favorite Spidey. Its really a shame and waste on Sony's part.

Well said, I feel the same. Sony did this to themselves.

I'm confused, would Spidey still be getting solo movies? Maybe this time around they will concentrate on one villain at a time.

I think this was an email before they turned down the offer due to Marvel wanting creative control.

I think this was an email before they turned down the offer due to Marvel wanting creative control.

Oh, so there's still a chance that the MCU might not be involved at all?

Oh, so there's still a chance that the MCU might not be involved at all?

I'd say it was them coming up with conditions for the original deal and how they would proceed before it broke off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"