What storyline should they base it on?

Rodrigo90

Wink wink ;)
Reaction score
The way things are gearing up and with WB being so adamant about the intense level of gravity they're pouring into this "epic" DCFU, I'm wondering if the storyline will be a left-field thing and be Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne, after JL.

If Batman comes before JL part 2, could it be a prequel?

The Red Hood

If it's anything less than that, consider me disappointed. You don't put a Robin suit vandalized by the Joker in the forefront of the Batman v Superman marketing for nothing.

For me, the two Batman storylines that stand out as being the best potential candidates for film adaptation would be:

Under The Hood
The Court of Owls

I'm more a fan of The Court of Owls, personally, but I can objectively say that Under the Hood is a strong story with a popular following, that would fit well with the cinematic Batman established in BATMAN V SUPERMAN. So I wouldn't be surprised, or disappointed, if they ended up going with that.

I'm pretty certain it will be 'Under the Red Hood' but Court of Owls may well be an option, given they seem keen on us seeing the years of family history in stills seen.

However, given Leto's introduction in SS & the aparent history between them and we know Affleck is an 'older' Batman, I think it's clear, Under the Red Hood is 'do-able' in this universe that has opened up.

I think a faithful adaption of the Under the Red Hood animated movie is perfect. That movie is so great and dark it literall opens with the joker beating jason Todd to a bloody pulp with a crow bar! Plus it seemlessly includes a ton of great characters like nightwing, Red Hood, Ras Al Ghul, The Joker, Black Mask (although I think it would be cool if they substitute his part with The Penguin)

Honestly I'm sure we'll see Under the Red Hood be adapted into the DCEU in some shape or form, but I really hope we get a film adaptation of the Court of Owls. I think there's a lot of potential in turning that storyline into a film.

Any storyline where Batman killing criminals creates ripple effects that leave him and Gotham in a worse place. I suggest Waller deploying Task Force X to bring down the Batman, only to have someone in their party figure out how to slip Waller's control.

Any storyline where Batman killing criminals creates ripple effects that leave him and Gotham in a worse place. I suggest Waller deploying Task Force X to bring down the Batman, only to have someone in their party figure out how to slip Waller's control.

Now I want the Suicide Squad sequel to be a Squad/Batman film.

Maybe Batman killing criminals gives Poison Ivy corpses to reanimate with plant/fungi hybrid things. She could use them like hired goons for her criminal business.

Under the Red Hood kills a few birds with one stone. It introduces the Robin legacy, introduces Bats' rivalry with the Joker, explains the suit in BvS, and pads the history of Batman in Gotham in general by telling a story in the present. No prequel required.

Okay, to build off the Under The Red Hood idea and my own desire to see a larger Batfamily, how's this for a modification to the story:

Tie in an adaptation of Son of the Bat, increase Nightwing's role, and go ahead and make this a kind of war of the legacies.

In one corner, Batfleck as he tries to reconnect with Nightwing, who broke with him over Bruce's darkness after the death of Jason Todd and the injuring of Babs; Dick is here the son who is actually better adjusted than the father, and maybe even practices an even less Kill-count heavy combat philosophy than Bruce's "I'll allow manslaughter in the heat of battle" one. Have Jenna Malone play Babs Gordon as she starts to take over for Alfred and prove herself both back on the road to recovery and better at some tech jobs than Batman himself.

In the next corner, Joker returns to Gotham because a new Red Hood has appeared. I'd make his part in the storyline larger, too. Go ahead and make him and Jason start a war over Gotham, thus giving a reason why Dick is in town. His legacy is Jason Todd as well, and he enjoys that point once he realizes who Red Hood is. His goal, aside from just proving himself deadlier than his "off spring" Red Hood, is to finalize the corruption of...

...Damian Wayne, who is arriving in Gotham alongside the Red Hood as part of the vanguard of Ra's Al Ghul's forces. Except it's not Ra's- Talia has successfully and quietly usurped her father's throne, and she seeks to make one last appeal to Bruce to start fighting like Red Hood does, using the ethos argument of how dangerous Joker is, and the pathos of returning two sons to him.

So Jason is effectively in the middle of all three sides, acting as a combination crime boss and vigilante. And Bruce has to deal with two of his major enemies while they, and his former apprentice and newly discovered biological son, duke it out in his city.

Now, me, as a 1990s fan, I'd go ahead and throw in Tim Drake as one of Jason's old internet sources and Dick's apprentice Red Robin, and probably Cassandra Cain as a member of the LoA Batman recruits with the help of Damian, who she's the bodyguard and older sister figure to, and Catwoman as one of the few rogues Red Hood won't target for death but instead try and recruit, leading to Queenpin Catwoman for a future Birds of Prey movie, in the same way Dick, Tim, Damian, and Jason could fit into numerous spin offs as well.

But that would probably be too much.

Pretty certain it will be Batman: Under the Red Hood or Batman: Court of Owls.

There are many, many great Batman stories. But I bet one of the above will be the next movie.

Just give me more stuff like the warehouse fight!! :btf:

Should Jason be dead and then resurrected by some some shift of reality/time in Justice League? Superman's imminent resurrection at the end of BvS and Snyder's tale of being it being Christ-inspired has me thinking Superman might be the cause of such things.

Should Jason be dead and then resurrected by some some shift of reality/time in Justice League? Superman's imminent resurrection at the end of BvS and Snyder's tale of being it being Christ-inspired has me thinking Superman might be the cause of such things.

No. That would not go over well in a film at all.

Either bring Jason back to life via the Lazarus Pits or through whatever it was the Court of Owls used (which was admittedly a bit different from straight-up resurrection, if memory serves me right).

I'd say the Lazarus Pits are the most likely route they'll go with for resurrecting Jason though; it's the simplest explanation story-wise and also offers up the potential for introducing Damian Wayne into the DCEU later on too.

They have to bring in Nightwing, somehow, some way.

Under the Red Hood and Court of Owls seem like obvious choices...

so ill go with Batman: Prey

There's so many. If they ever do Riddler they must draw inspiration from Dark Knight Dark City.

I think they should introduce Tim Drake

It would be more powerful if Batman gets a new Robin just in time for Jason's return.

Akrham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth

I want to see Batfleck's rogues, and this is the most convenient way to get them all in one place. A tense, psychological thriller in a madhouse. Bruce is on the road to redemption after BvS, but I think there's a potentially powerful story there with trapping Batman in a building with all his past mistakes, and coming out holding on to his renewed ideals. Kind of like how in Morrison's story, he confronted his inner demons and came back out a more whole person. The Joker could even be seen as having helped him in that story.

I have no desire whatsoever to see Jason Todd, but I would really like to see Dick and Barbara in some capacity. They could even borrow one thing from the Last Arkham, and have Dick try to break in and save Bruce (Barbara could maybe come with him if she's Batgirl). Bruce being greeted by his reformed family as he emerges would be cool.

a mix of Under The Red Hood/The Killing Joke

thats my dream batman movie

Lately I haven't been feeling like seeing an Under The Red Hood inspired story. But it's looking like a fan favorite as to what we may get. Still like the Arkham Asylum: ASHOSE idea though.

I would like Arkham Asylum A serious house just so they could do something completely opposite of Nolan's super epic scope version. Something claustrophobic.

I say use the concept of Under the Red Hood (namely a deceased Robin comes back from the dead) but tell a new story with it since we already have a near perfect adaptation.

I also would really like to see Mr Freeze get some cinematic redemption.

I would also like to see an already established Penguin, but not as the villain of the film, just a mobster in the background running the Iceberg Lounge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"