Sequels What Villain Would You Like To See Next? (Far From Home SPOILERS)

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score

Homecoming gave us Vulture & The Shocker and teased Scorpion now Far From Home has given us Mysterio to the big screen.

As talk will down turn to the eventual third Spider-Man film I thought it would be interesting to see what villain's you would most like to see feature in it?

As this is a bit of a tough one everybody can make three picks each. I will start us off with my three

Dr Octopus
Would love to Otto introduced similarly to how he was in number two of Raimi's film starting off as a good guy with an eventual turn to an antagonist but I think unlike Raimi's version you don't do a start middle and end for his arc all in the one movie.

Rhino
I love Paul Giamatti as an actor but I remember recoiling in horror at that big mech Rhino suit in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 I really wasn't a fan and would love to see a more an organic bruiser looking Rhino as the muscle or enforcer of the film.

Alistair Smythe
As drones were such a big part of Far From Home and the after credits scene reveal painting Spider-Man as the villain and cause of all the destruction why not have Smythe as the government response someone will take elements from the Stark drones to create the spider-slayers.

Kraven he is like the best unused villain and with the way far from home ended i think it makes the most scences,

Gimme that onesie-wearing Rhino.

E3_F3_DE10_9_A8_C_4_FA8_861_E_0_D0_CF20_D7_B8_B.jpg

Mephisto.

So he can undo the damage that JJ unleashed.

Anyone of these:

Chameleon
Jackal
Scorpion in full glory
Hammerhead
Tombstone
Mr. Negative
Wraith

Not really interested to the ones we have already seen in the film.

I want Chameleon or Kraven the Hunter (or both) for the third film with Norman Osborn pulling the strings/aiding them.

**SPOILERS**

The way "Far From Home" ended, both characters would make Peter's life even harder. Heck, they could even go the "Animated Series" route from the 90s and have Scorpion be made to go after the wallcrawling menace.

I want Chameleon or Kraven the Hunter (or both) for the third film with Norman Osborn pulling the strings/aiding them.

**SPOILERS**

The way "Far From Home" ended, both characters would make Peter's life even harder. Heck, they could even go the "Animated Series" route from the 90s and have Scorpion be made to go after the wallcrawling menace.

We have Jameson back so hopefully we get a side story of Jameson vowing to bring Spider-Man to justice and he could employ Mac Gargan who has just been released from prison as his investigator.

Be straight outta the comics:D :susd:

Despite my misgivings about the MCU's Spider-man films, they're doing an excellent job with villains.

Surely Kraven has to be next, right?

I had an old post here (I'm sure it's possible to find, but I'm not going to look for it). In some ways I was spot on (in other ways, I was dead wrong). But I thought it was a good idea then and it can still work surprisingly well. My idea was this:

In the first movie, you have Vulture. Maybe make it a youth vs. age thing. Ideally, you could also have Silvermane and the Enforcers as more organized crime villains to show that Spidey is the neighborhood friendly Spider-Man.

The second film should have Mysterio as the villain. I'd love it if there's an opening battle with something dumb like Big Wheel. Either way, the idea would be that Mysterio plays it off as if he's the hero and Spider-Man is the villain and, at the end of the movie, you can have everyone hating Spider-Man. [Note: In case you think I'm making this up, this isn't that hard to predict. It's the plot of the 90s Animated Series Mysterio episode, if I'm not mistaken and I wanted to set up Spider-Man being hated and the Daily Bugle and all that]

My suggestion for the third movie is this: Now that everyone hates Spider-Man, you have Kraven decide he wants to hunt him so it'll be Spider-Man vs. Kraven. Maybe you could call it Kraven's Last Hunt, but I certainly wouldn't play too much with that plot. Maybe have Spidey get buried, though. The goal would have been for him to start getting a job with the Daily Bugle taking pictures of Spider-Man, but I'm not sure how feasible that is anymore.

Despite my misgivings about the MCU's Spider-man films, they're doing an excellent job with villains.

Surely Kraven has to be next, right?
Not if Sony intends to do that solo film that was reported to be in the works. Kraven, Nightwatch, Black Cat, Silver Sable... I would be surprised if any of those appear in the next Spidey film which is probably gonna come out in two or three years from now.

Not if Sony intends to do that solo film that was reported to be in the works. Kraven, Nightwatch, Black Cat, Silver Sable... I would be surprised if any of those appear in the next Spidey film which is probably gonna come out in two or three years from now.

Un till those happen I am still expecting them to be cancled but I also thought the same thing about venom lol.

To me Kingpin will always be a Daredevil villain first and foremost, while Spider-Man has the best rogues gallery in Marvel after the X-Men. There's so many choose that haven't been portrayed in film, so I'd rather see the other Spider-Man villains we haven't seen in a live action film, instead of using a Daredevil villain.
Un till those happen I am still expecting them to be cancled but I also thought the same thing about venom lol.
Unless Venom 2 flops.

I think Morbius has the chance to underperform given the lack of buzz right now but Venom 2's flopping would seal the deal for Sony's live action Spider verse.

Hammerhead or Tombstone would be a great villain for a opening scene where we get to see Spider-Man still working on taking down street level crime while being pursued by the police.

Both are known for their durability so it could also work well with the "Spider-Man is a villain" narrative that's being carried over to the third movie as say press or someone working for Jameson arrives on scene it could very easily be spun by Jameson to look like Spider-Man just beating up a man with a skin condition (Tombstone) or attacking a man who just recently survived having his skull rebuilt (Hammerhead).

The fact that both are often dressed like pretty normal guys as well would help with the "Spider-Man attacking a regular guy narrative" as the likes of Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion and Green Goblin all look like villains.

Given the Homecoming and Far From Home midcredit scenes, I'd say Kraven and Scorpion teaming up makes the most sense.

^This.

Not sure how comic accurate this is, but in the 90's animated series JJ funded the tech to put Matt Gargan in the Scorpion suit. Since Spider-Man is now considered a villain, and will likely be hunted until clearing his name, I'd like to see Scorpion and/or Kraven in the next one.

I could have sworn i read Keaton was coming back for Far From Home...

MCU Scorpion isn't a private investigator, he's based off Maximus Gargan.

I would like to see the Smythe's with Scorpion and I do think Kraven and Chameleon would make a lot of sense too.

Seeing an mcu doc ock would be fun. After all...far from home spoilers

If they can bring back JK Simmons maybe they can bring back Alfred Molina too?

Also, a lot of Peters foes and school chums have been race bent. Maybe it would be interesting to see some gender bent supervillains too? Like maybe Pam Ferris as The Rhino. It would be fun to see some more women super villains and not just femme fatale versions either

It'd be the perfect time to use Scorpion now that JJJ is around and Mac Gargan having already appeared in Homecoming.

Also, a lot of Peters foes and school chums have been race bent. Maybe it would be interesting to see some gender bent supervillains too? Like maybe Pam Ferris as The Rhino. It would be fun to see some more women super villains and not just femme fatale versions either

I’ve seen people advocate Norma Osborn here on the boards before and Olivia Octavius went down as a highlight of Spider-Verse (though I’ve suspected fans gave that more of a pass than they usually do because it was an animated movie :thf:)

It'd be the perfect time to use Scorpion now that JJJ is around and Mac Gargan having already appeared in Homecoming.

This is what I'm hoping for the 3rd movie as well. Scorpion would be plenty but if they could work it in, I'd also like to see a proper Rhino as well.

This is what I'm hoping for the 3rd movie as well. Scorpion would be plenty but if they could work it in, I'd also like to see a proper Rhino as well.
Yeah not gonna lie I hated this version from Amazing Spider-Man 2 looked halfway between Rhino and a Transformer.

The whole chunky mech suit look just isn't how I picture Rhino.

Id love them to capture more of the 90's cartoon look

Just for fun I cast a gender bent sinister six

Doctor octopus - Uzo Aduba

The Vulture - Cloris Leachman

The Rhino - Pam Ferris

Mysterio - Gillian Anderson

Kraven - Ella Balinska

Electro - Kimiko Glenn

To be honest, I’ve never seen OITNB but that Uzo casting is brilliant.

Seeing as the director has commented on Kraven being next at bat (and even Coogler admitted to wanting him in BP), any fan casting?

Hugh Jackman or Michael Fassbender would be pretty great, to be honest. And just fun to see either of them tackle another iconic character. Certainly on the same caliber as Keaton & Gyllenhaal.

Another wildcard I’d suggest is Armie Hammer. Maybe go the Ultimate route & hunting Spider-Man in front of reality tv cameras.

Just for fun I cast a gender bent sinister six

Doctor octopus - Uzo Aduba

The Vulture - Cloris Leachman

The Rhino - Pam Ferris

Mysterio - Gillian Anderson

Kraven - Ella Balinska

Electro - Kimiko Glenn

This is more like the Spinster Six. :o

Or the Golden Girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"