What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MV5BN2RkMzZlNDUtMjI1ZS00ZmY3LTk1YzItMzY0ZWEwNDA2M2RmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_.jpg

I finally caught a midnight screening of ‘The Room’. That was a lot of fun. I’m definitely going to do that again.

Reactions: NDX
I finally caught a midnight screening of ‘The Room’. That was a lot of fun. I’m definitely going to do that again.
I've done it twice, both times host by Tommy Wiseau. I'm trying to get a friend to go to it.

Just got back from the theater. This was a damn good biopic in my eyes. I was a bit surprised at how they changed it up when using the artist's hit songs. Most biopics they have their songs played while they are on tour actually performing for an audience. This movie does that too but a good number of his songs were done Musical style taking you on a trip through Elton John's mind and imagination. That alone elevated this past Bohemian Rhapsody as the better biopic, and I really liked BR despite playing it safe.

I will say I was surprised they didn't play Candle In the Wind but early on in the film he plays a few of the notes on the piano.

4.5/5

Last edited:
SHAFT

SHAFT has morphed into a buddy cop....estranged father and son action comedy?

PRAISE: Samuel L. Jackson and Regina Hall,fortunately overcome the lameness of the films script several times.Director Tim Story wisely gives them a multitude of moments to shine.
I did laugh out loud at some of the antics,jokes and oneliners more than i thought i would.I give the movie points for having the balls to not be politically correct especially in todays climate.

PROBLEMS :Jesse T. Usher as Shaft Jr.,is as lame as advertised.The character and the actor feel like they belong in one of those awkward and silly cop but still comes out on top movies.
His boss has no confidence in him and his father hits him with an avalanche of put downs.Only his mother Maya Babanikos (Regina Hall) and Dr. Sasha (Alexandra Shipp)root for him.
The moments of fun are all to brief as this slowly but surely becomes something generic.If you cant figure out who the villains will be after they first appear on screen ,you may need a visit to an ophthalmologist.

Regina Hall ...call me

Scale of 1-10 a 6½

Raw Deal (1948)

I will say I was surprised they didn't play Candle In the Wind but early on in the film he plays a few of the notes on the piano.

4.5/5
I seem to remember that after he adapted it and played for Diana's funeral or remembrance service he said he'd never play it again. Maybe he stipulated that it not be used.

I seem to remember that after he adapted it and played for Diana's funeral or remembrance service he said he'd never play it again. Maybe he stipulated that it not be used.

That could very well be possible.

GCn86DG.jpg

Men in Black: International

At best this was mediocre... at worst this was a lazy cash grab and a waste of resources. Despite everything looking sleek and shiny, this couldn't felt more cold and by the numbers. It's about the same in quality as the last one, but it doesn't have Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith's charm to carry it. Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth tried saving it with their on screen chemistry, but the story was zipping by way too fast for anything to happen naturally. The movie is ultimately just a collection of gags and set pieces that doesn't do anything new or interesting. For me Kumail Nanjiani was probably the only character had worked for me. Overall, a it's big meh.
5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back