What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZMQVCDv.jpg
What did you think of this PoS movie? I watched the first five minutes or so and
it starts like that generic super amazing G.I. in a country populated by people that aren't the normal population in real life, and then we get different shots of different body parts of Vin Diesel's character hugging his wife.

N9Tg7yo.jpg

Dolittle

A gorilla kicks a tiger in the nuts and a dragon gets a colonoscopy. As awesome and crazy as that sounds, you gotta sit through 90+ minutes of a dull adventure film that tries to please everyone. I feel like they planned on rebooting Dolittle to be closer to the source material where it was a serious adventure film and somewhere they thought this must be like one of those bad Dreamworks movie. Between Robert Downey Jr, Antonio Banderas, the rushed CG animals, and the children... they all felt like they were in a completely different movie. Despite some good moments, the movie ever gelled together. Overall, it's a forgettable adventure film.
2/5

LDtz4Yz.jpg

Vivarium

A solid scifi thriller that would've been an excellent episode of The Twilight Zone. It's also oddly appropriate right now because of how it deals with isolationism and repetition. The movie pretty much tackles domesticated life in the suburbs as a horror movie and it only gets weirder from there like a David Lynch film. Jesse Eisenberg was great, but Imogen Poots really sells the movie. There's also a child in the movie and it's by far the most horrifying child since Anthony Fremont. Where the movie ends is such a Twilight Zone fashion and even though I kinda saw it coming, it was still pretty satisfyingly.
3.5/5

What did you think of this PoS movie? I watched the first five minutes or so and
it starts like that generic super amazing G.I. in a country populated by people that aren't the normal population in real life, and then we get different shots of different body parts of Vin Diesel's character hugging his wife.

It's mediocre and uneventful, and unfortunately Vin Disel is basically playing cyborg Dom Toretto, but it's nowhere near as "worst P.O.S. ever" bad as people make it out to be.

The twist was actually pretty okay, and actually works as drive for the plot, but the execution is all over the place and comes off as a bland and unfocused Tony Scott rip-off. Desgin-wise, it's got some neat touches in a couple of scenes, though.

It's not a good movie, but it's not "worst ever" material, either.

P.S.: Regarding the spoiler...

There's a reason for that.

It's mediocre and uneventful, and unfortunately Vin Disel is basically playing cyborg Dom Toretto, but it's nowhere near as "worst P.O.S. ever" bad as people make it out to be.

The twist was actually pretty okay, and actually works as drive for the plot, but the execution is all over the place and comes off as a bland and unfocused Tony Scott rip-off. Desgin-wise, it's got some neat touches in a couple of scenes, though.

It's not a good movie, but it's not "worst ever" material, either.

P.S.: Regarding the spoiler...

There's a reason for that.
Sounds better than last year's Hellboy, that's a good thing.

Sounds better than last year's Hellboy, that's a good thing.

Probably. Probably not by much, though. "Hellboy" had a better leading man. Say what you want about that movie, but David Harbour did a good job.

Keep the expecations low. But "worst P.O.S. ever" is hyperbole. Vin Diesel has gotten annoying, though. I wish directors were able to keep him in check, but his clout due to the "Fast and Furious" box office probably won't allow for that. Especially for a debuting director.

It wasn't necessarily directed at you, but the overall overuse of hyperbole. As far as Batman Returns' quality goes, it's an easy 9/10 for me.

Never Rarely Sometimes Always. Best film of the year so far after Emma and Wendy.

The Mule (dir. Clint Eastwood)
The Invisible Man (dir. Leigh Wannell)

t4mkkcg.gif

BATMAN FOREVER
QUALITY = Better than Mortal Kombat Annihilation

JOY = 10/10

It's the worst movie in the series, and I don't find reason to be ashamed for loving it as much as I do, it's too hilarious to dislike in my book, and that is a good thing. Another thing that makes it endearing is the respect they show the characters, especially compared to a few other certain movies.

Wait just a minute. Even worse than Batman & Robin? Do you not consider that movie a thing that exists?
Actually; YES. This movie is worse than Batman & Robin, and I love them both for the goofy nature of them. I enjoy this movie more, but B&R has a better and more underrated Batman.

Last edited:
N9Tg7yo.jpg

Dolittle

A gorilla kicks a tiger in the nuts and a dragon gets a colonoscopy. As awesome and crazy as that sounds, you gotta sit through 90+ minutes of a dull adventure film that tries to please everyone. I feel like they planned on rebooting Dolittle to be closer to the source material where it was a serious adventure film and somewhere they thought this must be like one of those bad Dreamworks movie. Between Robert Downey Jr, Antonio Banderas, the rushed CG animals, and the children... they all felt like they were in a completely different movie. Despite some good moments, the movie ever gelled together. Overall, it's a forgettable adventure film.
2/5

DOLITTLE

Experience it in IMAX

tenor.gif

t4mkkcg.gif

BATMAN RETURNS
QUALITY = Better than Mortal Kombat Annihilation

JOY = 10/10

It's the worst movie in the series, and I don't find reason to be ashamed for loving it as much as I do, it's too hilarious to dislike in my book, and that is a good thing. Another thing that makes it endearing is the respect they show the characters, especially compared to a few other certain movies.

Wait just a minute. Even worse than Batman & Robin? Do you not consider that movie a thing that exists?
Actually; YES. This movie is worse than Batman & Robin, and I love them both for the goofy nature of them. I enjoy this movie more, but B&R has a better and more underrated Batman.

Forever.
I find it to be worse than Tim Burton's two Batman movies, and better than Batman & Robin.

Forever.
I find it to be worse than Tim Burton's two Batman movies, and better than Batman & Robin.
I quoted my Batman Returns post and forgot to adjust the title. Thanks. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"