What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bn8L0Pg.png

5ZF9jYU.png

YAMbsKk.jpg

MYSTERY STREET (1950) starring Ricardo Montalban, Sally Forrest, Bruce Bennett, and Elsa Lanchester. Excellent crime drama. Made in 1950 but starring latin actor Montalban in a role usually played by caucasians at that time. A skeleton is found on the beach in Massachusetts, detective (Montalban) takes it to the Harvard Medical college where Dr.McAdoo (Bennett), using the forensic science we are used to from watching C.S.I., determines that it is the skeleton of a 5'5'' blonde woman who was a dancer. Montalban then uses this info to track down her identity....and solve the case why and how she was murdered. Very modernistic story for being a 70 year old movie.
TRIVIA: The next to last movie you will see Motalban running in. On his next film, ACROSS THE WIDE MISSOURI, he was trampled by a horse and walked with a limp for the rest of his life until he was paralyzed from the waist down by a botched corrective back surgery in the 1990's.
5118.jpg

cb8f1632bd17aab1dc4803136c04df54.jpg

GREEN MANSIONS (1959) starring Audrey Hepburn, Anthony Perkins, Henry Silva, Lee J. Cobb, and Sessue Hayakawa. Based on a novel from 1904 and the main character Rima (Hepburn) was turned into a comic book by DC in the 70's. The movie was directed by Hepburn's actor husband Mel Ferrer. Many scenes were filmed in South American jungles. Basic story - Able (Perkins) flees Caracus, Venezuela into the Amazon jungle to escape a revolution. He meets the mysterious jungle girl Rima (Hepburn) who the natives use as a scapegoat for anything that goes wrong, so they consider her a demon and want to kill her. Able falls in love with the quiet animal loving Rima and tries to protect her from the tribe.
23084570895_f5fa4d4acf_b.jpg

A1i+4PNnr8L._RI_.jpg

God, I absolutely adore this movie. Very few films have me completely engaged with the action and get me fist pumping when things go down.

Teenwolf (1985)

Recent blu-ray purchase, long overdue and it holds up 'pretty well', solid nostalgia factor obviously, but effects 'stand' and as ever, MJ Fox brings everything to the table, an enjoyable film, if very dated with some of it's dialogue and 'social standpoint'. Very 80's.

'Night Mother. 1986 big screen adaptation starring Sissy Spacek and Ann Bancroft.

What a sad movie.:csad:

upload_2021-4-21_4-59-51.png

night, Mother is a play by American playwright Marsha Norman. The play won the 1983 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and was nominated for the Tony Award for Best Play.

The play is about a daughter, Jessie, and her mother, Thelma. It begins with Jessie calmly telling her Mama that by morning she will be dead, as she plans to commit suicide that very evening. The subsequent dialogue between Jessie and Mama slowly reveals her reasons for her decision, her life with Mama, and how thoroughly she has planned her own death, culminating in a disturbing, yet unavoidable, climax

Other movie's like 1980's the Coalminer's Daughter is one of Kevin Smith's favorite movies I recognize a younger Sissy Spacek from as well. She evokes unpredictable and was a great actress there as well as the classic Carrie in 1976. Ann Bancroft of course is a legendary actress as well both do a great job at bringing this play to the 1980's silver screen.

Last edited:
A couple films I just added to digital collection:

I met a girl-2020 movie
An aspiring musician with schizophrenia embarks on an epic, cross-country journey to find the woman of his dreams, who may be all in his head.

upload_2021-4-21_13-13-2.png

Like Crazy-2011 movie

While attending college in Los Angeles, Jacob (Anton Yelchin), an American, and Anna (Felicity Jones), who hails from London, fall madly in love. However, the young lovers are forced apart when Anna violates the terms of her visa and must return to England. Jacob and Anna discover the difficulties of maintaining a long-distance relationship in the face of their changing lives. Yet, no matter how often circumstances pull them apart, they always find themselves back together again.

upload_2021-4-21_13-10-12.png

Last edited:
That’s what is good about cable sometimes. Your choices are limited so it’s easier to just flip through and find something to watch. Pushing play on Netflix means I’m committing to something and contributing to an algorithm, so no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"