What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Batman

Maybe the 3rd or 4th time I’ve watched it. It’s not as good as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight but it’s up there. It’s damn good. I do think it’d be better if it didn’t feel like you’re binge watching season 1 of a Batman HBO series or something. It’s just so damn long. Either way, it’s still amazing with a really good version of Gotham and just the Batman universe in general set up. Just wish they could’ve done better with Joker. Not too excited to see more of that try hard version with the disfigured face, balding spots and bloody finger nails and all a that. But, whatever, at least Barry Keoghan is a damn good actor.

X

Second viewing. Really rare when a prequel enriches the experience of the original but Pearl really did here. Mia Goth is just insane. There’s one death that still annoys me that they cut away and show nothing of it, no gore or anything. Just annoying. Either way, this movie is just such a great throwback to 70’s and 80’s slashers and even has a few tidbits of something like Debbie Does Dallas thrown in to get the vibe down just right. Also love how they do a little work through character interactions and decisions to kind of deconstruct gender relations among relationships and the adult film industry, just a bit. Pearl really stands out among the two, though. That movie is just on another level. Especially where Mia Goth’s performance is concerned. I just can’t freakin wait for MaXXXine.

The Batman

Maybe the 3rd or 4th time I’ve watched it. It’s not as good as Batman Begins or The Dark Knight but it’s up there. It’s damn good. I do think it’d be better if it didn’t feel like you’re binge watching season 1 of a Batman HBO series or something. It’s just so damn long. Either way, it’s still amazing with a really good version of Gotham and just the Batman universe in general set up. Just wish they could’ve done better with Joker. Not too excited to see more of that try hard version with the disfigured face, balding spots and bloody finger nails and all a that. But, whatever, at least Barry Keoghan is a damn good actor.
Spot on :up: I'd also still put The Dark Knight Rises above it as well, but overall it's a really solid Batman film and I'm excited to see where it goes.

images

Ff8rph8VsAELEpP

Murder at 3am (1953)

Crime thriller, starring Dennis Price as a Scotland Yard Inspector investigating a series of murders. The killer targets lone women after they've left London nightclubs, always striking soon after 3am. The manner of killing suggests the murderer is a former commando - something that soon has the Inspector looking a little closer to home than he'd like...

Watching the police piece together what they can from the few clues available is interesting (one thing I like about these old thrillers is how they pretty accurately show the 'leg-work' involved; some while back I worked for the Metropolitan Police for a few years, and whilst the technology might have changed, the basics of how they ran their investigations really hadn't!). A good supporting cast - including Peggy Evans, Rex Garner, and Philip Saville - tops off a solid story. 6/10

Balle perdue 2 / Lost Bullet 2 (2022)
Georgetown (2019)
The Violence Action (2022)
Le ruffian / The Ruffian (1983)
Ali & Ava (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"