What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special
gotg_holiday_digital_teaser_keyart_v5c_lg_0.jpg

Hereditary

This was probably my 5th or 6th watch for this. It’s my favorite horror movie of all time. It’s just so damn good. It never stops being good. Toni Collette truly gave the performance of a life time here and it’s never gotten old for me and there’s always something new I notice every damn time. Just too damn good. Can’t freakin wait for Dissapointment Blvd

images

I watched the first half of this about a week ago and then got distracted by Wednesday and a few other films, but I went back today to finish it and I must say I thought it was pretty damn solid!

Last edited:
A MERRY FRIGGIN' CHRISTMAS (2014)

Starring -
Robin Williams, Joel McHale, Candice Bergman, Lauren Graham, and Oliver Platt.
711l83smVIL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Superman: Man of Tomorrow (2020)

The film that launched the 'Tommorowverse', after the DCAMU concluded with Apokolips War. This 'Year One' type story picks up when Clark is roughly ten years old, living on the Kent's farm. His adoptive parents initially make sure he keeps his abilities secret for fear of reactions. But as he becomes a young man and moves to Metropolis, he begins secretly using his powers to help those in danger - with the public referring to him as the mysterious 'Flying Man'. Realising the need for Clark's heroic activities, his mother makes him a costume from the blankets he was wrapped in during his journey to Earth as a baby, and the press soon start to call him the 'Superman'. However, his actions attract the attention of the alien bounty hunter, Lobo, a confrontation that leads to a new danger, the Parasite - a creature with the potential to cause death and destruction on a massive scale.

All the voice actors are excellent, lead by Darren Criss as Superman, Alexandra Daddario as Lois Lane, Zachary Quinto as Lex Luthor, and a cracking turn by Ryan Hurst as Lobo. There's one more - but their appearance is a surprise so I won't spoil. The story is very much an allegory for any 'stranger in a strange land' situation, but manages to stay the right side of 'preachy'. The action is well staged, and the deaths caused by the Parasite are not shied away from. The art style is nice (not the anime look that dogged the DCAMU) and the animation is mostly pretty smooth. The pace drags a few times, but things soon get back on track. And whilst I'm not a big Superman fan, I feel most who are will like Criss's interpretation. For me though, the highlight was Ryan Hurst's crass, loudmouthed, obnoxious Lobo - who had me laughing out loud a few times. I really hope he gets a solo down the road. There are a couple of things that aren't clear in the wrap-up...

Who put the bounty on Clark's head in the first place?
And Lobo - the man who always gets his man, who never fails to deliver - at the end just decides to go off and leave Clark be??

... But a universe could have a far worse start. 7/10

Last edited:

It's chaotic but relentless and exhilarating with some dynamic camerwork that keeps you in the nonstop chase and the 3 lead performances invest you in the stakes.

8/10
Bays best movie in years.

MV5BMjA0MzUyNjg0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY5MDg0NA@@._V1_.jpg

This one holds up better than Tomorrow Never Dies. Man, I don't think I've seen any of the Bond movies pre brosnan era. Part of me feels like they're too dated to enjoy, but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"