What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alita: Battle Angel

Is the Alita: Battle Angel film the Manga adaptation fans of the genre have been waiting for ?

PRAISE: This is such a multi layered story, it should be confusing but it's not.I enjoyed each layer and story path for the most part because they made it so interesting.
Rosa Salazar as Alita, the titular cyborg heroine turns in one of the best motion capture performances i have ever seen !
Sure i thought the characters huge eyes would be a distraction but it actually added to her charm,i ended up being completely taking in by her.The action sequences are thrilling and then some.

Christoph Waltz as Dr. Dyson was also quite charming turning in a good performance as Alita's caretaker.
The CGI and 3D is nearly flawless and incredibly immersive.
I praise the writers for not taking some cliched routes.
The characters are so wonderfully detailed and designed it makes me want to go out and track down every model kit and action figure associated with this film.
Very cool cameos !!

PROBLEMS : The acting powers of the talented
Jennifer Connelly as Chiren and
Mahershala Ali and as Vector are only slightly tapped into.
There are some melodramatic moments that should have moved me but i actually smirked and cringed as they played out.
The story is here and there predictable.
There was a third act pay off that i was highly anticipating but it never reached the level i wanted.

If you venture out this week to see this movie go see it in 3D and on the biggest screen possible

I hope the film does well ,because i would love to see Alita and her world on the big screen again.

Scale of 1-10 an 8

MV5BYWY0ZTc3OTEtMTQyOS00NTM2LWE2MTMtYjhlM2U0Yjg5YmVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjAxMjEzNzU@._V1_.jpg

MV5BZTdlODRjMDYtZjg0NC00MDNhLTlhOWMtNjg1MTAwYWZmZGYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjAxMjEzNzU@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNTI0Njk5NDQxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE0NTYzNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,752,1000_AL_.jpg

1jCjLBC.jpg

Shoplifters

A tremendous family drama. It's a movie that creates some interesting discussion on what makes a family in the eyes of society and social norms. It's also a character study on people who are on the poorer side of the economic class and how they get by on a day to day basis. All the performances are really well done... especially the child actors. Hirokazu Koreeda does an incredible job directing it and choosing to focus on the not so glamorous side of Tokyo. Overall, it's a great little film and it's highly recommended if you loved Roma and wanted something similar.
9.5/10

d6fQB3F.jpg

Free Solo

Easily one of the best documentaries of last year. It's essentially documents Alex Honnold going on a free solo climb on El Capitan, but there's a lot more going on behind the scenes. The documentary does a great job on giving you his backstory and how he's sorta off kilter in his personality. The also did a great job building up the climb mostly because of the amount of doubt and bad luck they had leading into it. Overall I really dug it.The movie probably works best if you go into this cold without knowing who Alex Honnold is or if he's still alive.
9.5/10

Just watched the Abducted In Plain Sight documentary on Netflix.

What the BLEEPITY BLEEP did I just watch? How is this a true story? It's a story of a monster and morons...with a kid getting hurt because of them. This story is NUTS!

Did a Valentines Day double bill of About Time & Bridget Jones Diary, rom-com's are far easier to watch I've discovered if you're ultimately 'engaged' in romantic 'couplings' rather than the world of loneliness I've been in for the last 13 years :funny:.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
I remember seeing it as a kid with home made "3D glasses" ( we only had one genuine pair ), anyways, in my memories it was in color :)

Destroyer - 71/100
Mary Queen of Scots - 83/100
London Fields - 14/100
Baywatch - 51/100
The Paperboy - 72/100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"