What was the last TERRIBLE movie(s) you saw? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dredd was better than Judge Dredd, if only because Rob Schneider wasn't in it :woot:(And I actually kinda like Schneider, in the right vehicle), but to be fair the Stallone film got a few things right, like the Angel Gang, the ABC Robot and Sly himself wasn't a terrible Dredd (not as good as Urban though.)
What both films failed to give us is to me the most important thing in a Judge Dredd film:

dark-judges.png

Especially Judge Death.

The new Dredd was ****ing awesome.

Maybe typcial if your comparing it to all the awesome hardcore 80s action flicks. There are very few action films right now that get it all right. The atmosphere, visuals, direction, brutality, acting, pace and adaption of the character was all near flawless...and its really fun on top of that. They also handled telepathy very well, much more interesting then anything I've seen in the X-Men movies.

I'd say it's more in tune with The Raid then a "typical" modern action flick. We get very few R rated action films (nonetheless R rated comic films) as good as Dredd in Hollywood nowadays.

Last edited:
I bought Dredd because it had a good buzz surrounding it. Didn't expect much. When I finished watching it, I think I clapped. There is NOTHING useless in the film, it's tight and solid as a rock.

For once, there wasn't a useless love story or forced family relations.
For once, a movie didn't try to shoehorn morals in it.
For once, the violence was satisfying.
For once, we got a comic fantasy movie for adults.

Urban was great Dredd, he was just as "wooden" as needed. Thirlby was a good, more (but not too) emotional counterpart for Dredd as well as she was incredibly beautiful.

Yeah, Thirlby was excellent! Had a mad crush on that chick afterwords. Was very surprised at how good she was in the role. :up:

Hope to see her in more upcoming flicks.

Last edited:
Yeah, Thirlby was excellent! Had a mad crush on that chick afterwords. Was very surprised at how good she was in the role. :up:

Hope to see her in more upcoming flicks.

I hope to see more of her too. Natural beauty and enough charisma. It's very hard to play Dredd's sidekick in a movie like that.

And that is a fanboy crush I can appreciate!

It's very hard to play Dredd's sidekick in a movie like that.

Definitely, she even managed to upstage him believably in a few scenes. Not an easy thing to do with a character like Dredd. Very well cast on those two.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/2...s-conversations-about-a-dredd-sequel#/slide/1

Nothing official or set in stone but at least the studio might be thinking about it according to Urban.
Cool! Thanks for the link, I hope it happens.

Definitely, she even managed to upstage him believably in a few scenes. Not an easy thing to do with a character like Dredd. Very well cast on those two.

Thirlby was great, I hope to see her face Judge Death like Anderson in the comics, it would be epic.

Judge-Death.jpg

Last edited:
American Hustle.
Not Terrible of course, but not very good either, especially considering all the great talents involved.

Last edited:
It felt fake to me and like it was trying to emulate better 70's set films like Boogie Nights and especially Goodfellas but failed. And I usually really like everyone involved in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"