What was your favorite Nintendo console?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by CJ, Mar 3, 2019.

?

Best Nintendo Console?

1. Nintendo NES

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Super Nintendo

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Nintendo 64

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. GameCube

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Wii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wii-U

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Switch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CJ

CJ 2.14.20

What is your personal favorite? I'm leaving out the handhelds and focusing strictly on consoles for the choices.

2. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

This one's hard cause I love the N64, SNES, NES, GameCube, and Switch equally.

CJ likes this.
  3. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

None. I'm a PlayStation guy!

CJ likes this.
  4. CJ

CJ 2.14.20

For me, it's the original NES. Played it for the first time at my Grandma's house in the late 80's. Kung Fu and the original Super Mario Bros. Stuff blew my mind. Immediately begged my Mom for one.

I have fond memories of playing Ninja Turtles 2-player co-op with my best friends, my buddies bringing Game Genie over to my house to use on Contra, finding the hidden warp whistles in Super Mario Bros. 3.

And the Disney Capcom games!

OutOfBoose likes this.
  5. OutOfBoose

OutOfBoose Russian Hacker

I owned only NES and SNES. NES was called Dendy. It was a Taiwanese hardware clone of Famicom, that was created for Russian market. It was widely popular in early-mid 90s. All games were pirated too, because there was just no other way to get official stuff. Pirated Taiwanese cartridges didn't have good package or manual. Price was rather cheap plus we exchanged them a lot among friends. So games library was rather high if put together - around 40-50 titles. Some of them were really bizarre games like Chip n' Dale shoot 'em up, NES version of Street Fighter II and MK, and other. It was basically the first console experience for everyone after some rare people had MSX and ZX Spectrum in late 80s. It was fun and accessible.

A bit later Nintendo started selling their official SNES in Russia and I got myself one. I had only 6 games, but it was totally worth it - Super Castlevania IV, Killer Instinct, Pirates of Dark Water, Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2, Street Fighter II. Almost nobody else had SNES, because majority moved to Sega Genesis, but I have no regrets. Those were killer titles. I wish I had Super Metroid, though. Sega also had great games, but SNES with it's expanded color palette looked so special. It was the final Nintendo console I owned. Then... PlayStation arrived (and it's sequels) and ever since that's the only thing I wished to own.

All in all, my vote goes to SNES. Street Fighter II, the greatest fighting game of all time and my personal favorite, edges it for me. Everything else was just a bonus.

#5 OutOfBoose, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    CJ likes this.
  6. Travesty

Travesty Registered

Trick question: 3DS, but will soon be taken by the Switch, but we'll see.

But if we're talking pure nostalgia: SNES.

CJ likes this.
  7. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

The Nintendo 64 was the king. It’s controller rewarded perserverence and punished ignorance

8. LaughingSnowman

LaughingSnowman Registered

N64 for the wrestling games alone.

9. Brother Jack

Brother Jack The Penitent Man

The SNES. It has pound for pound the best native catalog in Nintendo's history (not counting the virtual console), and maybe the best of any console. In nearly every genre you can think of there is at least one masterpiece-level game. Platformers, RPG's, racing games, fighting games, shooters. It had it all. There have been very few consoles since that have dominated like the SNES; it was Nintendo at the height of its powers and IMO it's never quite reached it since.

10. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Nostalgia's gonna speak for me on this one, the N64 was my childhood. Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Paper Mario, Goldeneye, Smash Bros, those games defined the type of gamer I am and many of them are still among my favorite games ever made, my love for games like Witcher and Skyrim is rooted in the joy I felt playing Zelda as a kid for the first time, Paper Mario got me into turn based RPG's, Smash Bros. made me enjoy fighting games, and Banjo and Mario gave me a permanent love for 3D platformers. There are other games and systems that influenced my taste in games, but none have had anywhere near as much impact on me as the N64 era did.