The Dark Knight What We Know So Far

Chechen or Czech? They're really way different things. Not just geographically but their motives would be totally different as well.

From everything I've seen and heard its Chechen. Their leader is played by Richie Costner, and he's credited as playing "Chechen."

But now we have a rumor that Joker may be the manipulator using the bank to control the mob. If the bank plays a role in the plot then Fitchner may not necessarily get killed off early.

This is true. But either way Fitchner is killed by the Joker. And you're right it may be the Joker using the mob, and not the other way around. I had forgotten about that rumor.

This is true. But either way Fitchner is killed by the Joker. And you're right it may be the Joker using the mob, and not the other way around. I had forgotten about that rumor.

This is the Joker we're talking about so we very well may both be right. From the July teaser we get them impression that Joker was hired out by the mob to create chaos and we'll probably be lead to believe that early on in the film when it does in fact turn out later on that he's been pulling the strings the whole time.

I kinda like the idea of the Joker blackmailing or using the mob, but I also think it would be cool i the mob thinks they're hiring this wacko that they think they can control to get the cops out of their hair, but then Joker turns the joke around on them and ends up actually controlling them and making things even worse off for them then they originally were.

Wow, there was actually some stuff I didn't know about, and hadn't put together like that. Excellent work, sir.

where did the joker-dressed-as-a-nurse thing come from? i've been hearing people saying it for a while, but don't know where it started.

p.s. if all of this ends up accurate, it will make an awesome Batman movie with a quintessential portrayal of the Joker. and did you notice what bullet point was missing?

• Joker's skin is permanently white

...maybe because it's not important? :cwink:

Color me obvious, but there's a reason that's not up there.

I didn't include it because we don't know either way yet. That issue is still pure speculation.

A lot of that sounds ok, but I have a question: Will someone explain to me why two of those, what, eleven police officer characters who have role in THE DARK KNIGHT couldn't be Harvey Bullock and Rene Montoya? It just seems like such a no brainer...

A lot of that sounds ok, but I have a question: Will someone explain to me why two of those, what, eleven police officer characters who have role in THE DARK KNIGHT couldn't be Harvey Bullock and Rene Montoya? It just seems like such a no brainer...

I guess there is a chance that Stephens and Ramirez could be Bullock and Montoya, but I don't know why they wouldn't go ahead and say that instead of concealing their names. But maybe the Nolan bros just didnt want to include those characters in the movie, instead using cops created just for the movie.

That was great, bkey. Thank you. I didn't know some of that. It all sounds fantastic.

where did the joker-dressed-as-a-nurse thing come from? i've been hearing people saying it for a while, but don't know where it started.

It's from several extras who were on set during the filming of that sequence. It sounds pretty awesome to me and exactly like the Joker.

It's from several extras who were on set during the filming of that sequence. It sounds pretty awesome to me and exactly like the Joker.

Round of applause bkey. Great thread.

Is the stuff about Hong Kong, the ex Wayne Enterprises employee learning Batman's identity, Anthony Michael Hall's character, Joker trying to assasinate the mayor, and the vigilante Batmen all confirmed, or is it just rumours?

Is the stuff about Hong Kong, the ex Wayne Enterprises employee learning Batman's identity, Anthony Michael Hall's character, Joker trying to assasinate the mayor, and the vigilante Batmen all confirmed, or is it just rumours?

AMH's character is pretty much confirmed. He is a talk show host is has an obsession with Bruce Wayne and his wealth. The vigilante Batmen are confirmed as well. They are in the sides and there are plenty of spy pics of them. The assassination attempt is 100% legit as well. The info on Reese and HK is still pretty vague but from the sources I've seen this is most likely the way it will play out (or at least very similar)

The Batcycle/ Slaughter truck chase leads to Batman firing a missile at the truck, flipping it completely over. Joker gets out of the truck and starts firing a machine gun. The final fight ensues. Batman and Joker literally duke it out in a battle of fisticuffs. Joker then gets Batman in a choke hold and is about to kill him when Jim Gordon appears behind Joker pointing a gun at his head to which Joker replies "Can ya give us a minute?" All of this takes place on a city street leading to or away from Wayne Enterprises.
The Joker quote is merely something that someone said they had heard or seen during the filming. It can be found somewhere deep in the Chicago Filming thread. The actual scene info is first hand information compiled from the Wizard Chicago footage and details a PA told me while I was at the set during the filming. I could clearly see the Wayne Enterprise building in the background. At one point they even shut off all of the light to the building and then turned them all on.

The Batcycle/ Slaughter truck chase leads to Batman firing a missile at the truck, flipping it completely over. Joker gets out of the truck and starts firing a machine gun. The final fight ensues. Batman and Joker literally duke it out in a battle of fisticuffs. Joker then gets Batman in a choke hold and is about to kill him when Jim Gordon appears behind Joker pointing a gun at his head to which Joker replies "Can ya give us a minute?" All of this takes place on a city street leading to or away from Wayne Enterprises.

This scene sounds awesome. I can picture it now. Wow! I freaking can't wait for this movie!

^ had not heard of that scene :wow:

I think there was more than one set report. one guy in particular was very detailed on it, he was a patient or goon or something.

"Kerri Parker (Bourne Ultimatum, I Want Candy) told Evening News 24 about her upcoming appearance in The Dark Knight. She’s going to be Eric Roberts aka Sal Maroni’s moll, and she gladly revealed the details of her scene that involves Batman and Maroni:
“They fitted me out quite well,” she said. “I was stood behind Eric Roberts when Batman (Christian Bale) came in and he was jumping off balconies and down the stairs.
“I say ‘What’s going on over there, is that Batman?’, and then when he jumps on the table in front, I back off, really scared.”
Of course you have to be really scared. He’s the ******* Batman."
http://www.batmovienews.com/2007/09/

I hope both scenes are in (arrested by Gordon in the restaurant) because really they both sound badarse. it's likely there would need to at least one Batman/Maroni confronation before his eventual arrest, maybe the nightclub is it.

Yeah that would be cool. But I don't know why Batman wouldn't be able to aprehend Maroni when he confronts him. I would like it though if its Gordon who is able to get Maroni.

yeah that's the thing it would be a shame if Batman got pwned by Maroni or some drunks in a club. i can't wait to the see the pillpoppers reactions to batman though, they'll probably want to know if he's on facebook. i hope he stomps a few, guys on e are always *****es

do we know when exactly batman gets his new suit yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"