BvS What Went Wrong w/ Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (SPOILERS) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect Superman himself to give Batman the Kryptonite ring as a deterrent if he ever goes rogue.

Hey this is a ZACK SNYDER JOINT they don't have stupid girly RINGS Supes will give Bats a Kryptonite CHAINSAW man doesn't that sound AWESOME

23lmv7o.jpg

Batman is absolutely correct in this instance.
You are talking about a being who literally has the power to destroy or take over the world if he wanted. If Harvey Dent and Jason Todd exist or existed in this DCU then Bruce with his own two eyes has seen good men turn bad, the difference being they don't have the power to fly right into the White House and rip the president's head off with IMPUNITY.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Batman would be a an idiot if he didn't take step to take Superman down. Even if Superman remained good, what happens if he is mind controlled?

It's a lot of "ifs" that need to be carefully calculated and investigated before you MURDER SOMEONE in a pre-emptive strike because "what if."

Bruce Wayne would not employ the 1% Doctrine. It's just ridiculous. He could have just gone after Superman given the destruction he and his ilk caused in MOS. That was enough of a reason. That 1% line just made me cringe.

I fully expect Superman himself to give Batman the Kryptonite ring as a deterrent if he ever goes rogue.

Nah, can't trust that alien. Besides, Batman already has Kryptonite. I think you were right the first time. Better to just put a green bullet in his brain before he has a chance to double-cross you.

So if Superman comes back to life, Batman should immediately murder him, just in case.

Got it.:whatever:

Also, :funny:

Unless Superman tells Batman he has a mum, then they'll be best buds forever. :highfive:

Come to think of it..If Batman really thinks like Spider-Neil, then if I were Superman and I came back to life in Justice League, I would FOR CERTAIN fly straight through his torso and blow him to smithereens, eight o'clock, first day after being resurrected. Better him than me. Seriously, Batman seems to love the idea of killing Superman the way Garfield loves lasagna.

Superman: 'One percent chance???? Seriously, there is a 90% chance that when I wake up, this Batman will try to kill me for the thinnest possible reasons. I think it only makes sense to heat-vision him to pieces before he gets to his cornflakes.'

Come to think of it..If Batman really thinks like Spider-Neil, then if I were Superman and I came back to life in Justice League, I would FOR CERTAIN fly straight through his torso and blow him to smithereens, eight o'clock, first day after being resurrected. Better him than me. Seriously, Batman seems to love the idea of killing Superman the way Garfield loves lasagna.

Superman: 'One percent chance???? Seriously, there is a 90% chance that when I wake up, this Batman will try to kill me for the thinnest possible reasons. I think it only makes sense to heat-vision him to pieces before he gets to his cornflakes.'

You said Spiderman and Garfield....!

Snyder should change Bats' name and theme song:

Murder-Man, Murder-Man,
Does whatever a murder can

Shoots you up, runs you down

Unless you're a psychotic
Mass-murdering clown

Look out, here comes the Murder-Man

Snyder should change Bats' name and theme song:

Murder-Man, Murder-Man,
Does whatever a murder can

Shoots you up, runs you down

Unless you're a psychotic
Mass-murdering clown

Look out, here comes the Murder-Man

Murderman, murderman,
Never seems to have a plan,
Get in his way, you'll wind up dead,
He'll drive his car into your head,
Watch out! Here comes the Murderman-o,
You'll fear the Murderman-o,
Here comes the Murdermaaaaaaaan!

"..who are you?! WHAT are you....?!"

- ".....I'm MURDER-MAN....!"

Murderman, murderman,
Never seems to have a plan,
Get in his way, you'll wind up dead,
He'll drive his car into your head,
Watch out! Here comes the Murderman-o,
You'll fear the Murderman-o,
Here comes the Murdermaaaaaaaan!

Day made

tumblr_lha6q3N4961qgfmsko1_500.gif

I think making it a Batman movie was a mistake

One part that really irked me more than anything was when Bruce was telling Alfred that if there is a 1% chance that Superman could be evil (I'm paraphrasing) then they have to take that as an absolute certainty.

Sounds like Bruce doesn't understand math/probability/statistics. It bugged me because I've heard that BS argument used for terrorists and refugees (1% of refugees being terrorists) as a reason to reject them all and it makes zero sense because it's just a number pulled out of the air.

Bruce made a wild guess about the probability of Superman being evil and used that as an excuse to be a d**k.

The idea was from Cheney...

If there's a 1% chance that Pakistani scientists are helping al-Qaeda build or develop a nuclear weapon, we have to treat it as a certainty in terms of our response. It's not about our analysis ... It's about our response.

So...what if the chances are, like 0.9773%....? Does he round up? What exact percentage did Batman determine? He has enough computers, after all. Did anyone catch that number?

People have already made the Donald Trump comparison.

So Batman is now an ultra-fascist ultra conservative Neo-con?

Batman was the perfect example of the meme that says his superpower is White privilege.

While I didn't love Man of Steel I did like it a lot. However the thing that I liked the most was the ending....

- He flies with the US flag (i'm not american).
- He says he's from kansas
- The girl swoons over him
- He becomes Clark Kent
- He goes to work at the Planet

Why did I love that part the most? Because it felt like Superman.

It felt like we got this dark-ish, gritty movie, but they set it up for him to be the Superman I remember.

Much like how Skyfall didn't feel like Bond but ended with a new Q, M and Moneypenny and felt more Bond than ever before in the last scene.

What went wrong with Dawn of Justice? They didn't capitalise on that. It didn't feel like Superman to me.

They want gritty, dark, that's fine. And Batman was mostly done well imo. But I like my superman spinning bullies around in chairs at 150 mph and flying around the world with the US flag.

Maybe i need to get with the times, maybe my opinion is irrelevant, maybe everything should be dark and dank and i should leave a movie theatre depressed. I dunno. But I haven't enjoyed Superman in the way I'd like since Christopher Reeve was playing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"