Iron Man what will the credit read for "Iron Man Created By..."?

1entk3.jpg

I always felt this was Stan's character.

I always felt this was Stan's character.

That's because it is Stan's character. He was the one who made the bet that he could make a successful comic about a man who is basically an arms dealer during the 60's/70's.

The first two names that came to mind were Stan (he's a lock for a credit) and Jack. I forgot all about Stan's brother and Don. I looked around for some clips of the varied Iron Man TV shows to see how those were cited, with no such luck.

That's because it is Stan's character. He was the one who made the bet that he could make a successful comic about a man who is basically an arms dealer during the 60's/70's.
I like how when Stan Lee has a basic idea for a character, the whole character is his...and when Jack Kirby completely invents a character's design, name, backstory, and writes most of his dialog.....suddenly, well....it was a collaboration because "it just...wouldn'ta been the same without Stan "The Man" there to....um, change...uh....Jack Kirby's "C'Mon! Let's Go!!!", to, uh..."Let's skedaddle, Groovy cats and dolls!"

God I'm sick of Stan Worship. :o
He's a very charming, likable, witty proven liar/con man

rolleyesx100.gif

I like how when Stan Lee has a basic idea for a character, the whole character is his...and when Jack Kirby completely invents a character's design, name, backstory, and writes most of his dialog.....suddenly, well....it was a collaboration because "it just...wouldn'ta been the same without Stan "The Man" there to....um, change...uh....Jack Kirby's "C'Mon! Let's Go!!!", to, uh..."Let's skedaddle, Groovy cats and dolls!"

rolleyesx100.gif

I'm not a Stan worshipper I just said that from everything I've ever heard about the character. I know Kirby was right there along with Stan in creating all the Marvel greats but while Fantastic Four was mainly Kirby's baby, Iron Man was Stan's.

I'm not a Stan worshipper I just said that from everything I've ever heard about the character. I know Kirby was right there along with Stan in creating all the Marvel greats but while Fantastic Four was mainly Kirby's baby, Iron Man was Stan's.
I wasn't really talking to you personally, but my indignant outburst was sparked by something you said, which does represent the unwarranted praise that Stan enjoys from the Stan worshipers...because that's how it often goes.....if Stan had any involvement at all, it was "his"....and then you can prove to them that something was pretty much all Kirby, right down to the original penciled pages where Kirby plotted it AND wrote the dialog, with notes in the margin about character and plot, in HIS handwriting....and then, when compared with the published comic, we can prove that Stan's only contribution was changing a few words.....and somehow, it's still "Stan's".

:rolleyes:

Sorry. Stan "the Con Man" just pisses me off whenever credit comes up.

I wasn't really talking to you personally, but my indignant outburst was sparked by something you said, which does represent the unwarranted praise that Stan enjoys from the Stan worshipers...because that's how it often goes.....if Stan had any involvement at all, it was "his"....and then you can prove to them that something was pretty much all Kirby, right down to the original penciled pages where Kirby plotted it AND wrote the dialog, with notes in the margin about character and plot, in HIS handwriting....and then, when compared with the published comic, we can prove that Stan's only contribution was changing a few words.....and somehow, it's still "Stan's".

:rolleyes:

Sorry. Stan "the Con Man" just pisses me off whenever credit comes up.

I understand Wilhelm. To be honest I'm just a big Marvel fan so both Stan and Kirby are cool in my book. I do admit Stan does overshadow Kirby in the 'praise' department which is BS.

It was Kirby's artwork that also kept a lot of fans I think when sales were dropping due to bad writing IE: Stan. Just look at the original X-men issues before Claremont came on board to resurrect it.

Absolutely right. And even times when Kirby invented characters like the Silver Surfer, it was Stan Lee who made the Surfer the character we know today. Kirby just envisioned him as nothing more than a herald of Galactus.

Lee and Kirby are certainly both responsible for putting Marvel on the map, as well as Steve Ditko.

rolleyesx100.gif

Yeah! Kinda like how Kirby has been known to take sole credit for Captain America, even though everyone and their mother knowns the concept was Joe Simon's...

Or how, speaking of proven liars, Kirby claims to have come up with the idea for the Incredible Hulk because of the exploration of adrenaline charged strength, i.e., a mother lifting a car off the ground to save her trapped child, even though such theories and practices werent in use back in 1961...

God, im sick of Kirby worship.

:yay:

I understand Wilhelm. To be honest I'm just a big Marvel fan so both Stan and Kirby are cool in my book. I do admit Stan does overshadow Kirby in the 'praise' department which is BS.

It was Kirby's artwork that also kept a lot of fans I think when sales were dropping due to bad writing IE: Stan. Just look at the original X-men issues before Claremont came on board to resurrect it.

Yeah, too bad Stan left that book YEARS before it was cancelled, huh? :whatever:

Yeah! Kinda like how Kirby has been known to take sole credit for Captain America, even though everyone and their mother knowns the concept was Joe Simon's...

Or how, speaking of proven liars, Kirby claims to have come up with the idea for the Incredible Hulk because of the exploration of adrenaline charged strength, i.e., a mother lifting a car off the ground to save her trapped child, even though such theories and practices werent in use back in 1961...

God, im sick of Kirby worship.

:yay:

No, you've got it all wrong.
Stan Lee is a liar and a swindler.
Kirby was senile...see?[/Kirby Worshiper]

created by stan lee and jack kirby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"