What would be the best city to withstand a giant monster attack in?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Title says it all really. Just for the sake of controlling variables lets say the monster is Godzilla or Godzilla like (so not vampires, terminators etc).

I would choose London. You could hide out on the tube, get some good food, easily move around the city and there's a bit of a precedent of withstanding destruction of cities.

You?

Come on man, you had one slot for Canada, and you chose Ottawa?! Not cool!

I guess I'd choose Berlin. At the geographical centre of Europe with a good transportation infrastructure, it could provide multiple directions to flee if needed.

Pretty much anywhere in the Middle East would be safer,There are caves all over/HUGE deserts to run around to and not a lot of big buildings that could collapse/be broken to fall on people.

As long as your equipped with supplies&maybe a vehicle..The Middle East is my bet!

Dhaka in Bangladesh. Shoddy factory regulations and corrupt sweat-shop owners are helping knock down plenty of buildings on their own. The monster would turn around figuring what's the point?

Dhaka in Bangladesh. Shoddy factory regulations and corrupt sweat-shop owners are helping knock down plenty of buildings on their own. The monster would turn around figuring what's the point?

Yeah..IF the monster would have human intelligence&logic,But a monster like Godzilla would still f**k them places up!

Pretty much anywhere in the Middle East would be safer,There are caves all over/HUGE deserts to run around to and not a lot of big buildings that could collapse/be broken to fall on people.

As long as your equipped with supplies&maybe a vehicle..The Middle East is my bet!

I assume you're not including Dubai then.

Burj+Khalifa,+Dubai+-+828m

Yeah..IF the monster would have human intelligence&logic,But a monster like Godzilla would still f**k them places up!

My hypothetical monster has a hypothetical above-average intellect. He's actually controlled by a kid playing an old Rampage arcade console somewhere in Iowa.

I'm biased, but Boston seems like it'd be okay. Not THAT many tall buildings, and we could all just run to Mike's Pastry in the North End and die happy and full :o

Pyongyang is another choice. The government wouldn't even care. They'd nuke their own city, pave over the collapsed buildings and dead bodies, and rebuild everything on top a month later.

If its a city, Godzilla is gonna smash it. You never see him smashing around rural Nebraska....I'll hide out in a rural area and move around as much as possible.

it's Texas. all those guns, booze, and intolerance. the monster wouldn't stand a chance.

Berlin, on the basis that most cities wouldn't withstand a giant monster attack. So if I'm going to get trampled or otherwise similarly inconvenienced, I'll at least be able to enjoy a decent Bratwurst while it's all going down.

I'd hide inside the Colosseum in Rome, when Godzilla got to it he'd think he already smashed it and move on.

Washington D.C.

I'd try to get into one of those nuclear fallout bunkers.

London has some impressive underground facilities that are open to the public.

Indianapolis in my own state. Any city near a large body of water is ****ed.

Tehran because it has mountains all around and is land locked with no access for Kaiju to the Ocean. Plus it would have to travel through land mine riddled Afghanistan, or cluster bomb riddled Iraq. He better put on some shoes.

Lol, when Godzilla comes to town, there is no safety. You die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"