World What would you have changed about the 92' X-men show?

Darthkush

Avenger
Reaction score
-Collosus and Nightcrawler would've been regular cast members. They were both only on, what, 2 episodes an piece.
-I would've had Warren stay as Angel for an little longer. Apocalypse, the horsemen and Archangel I would've held over until season 2. That way Angel's change to Archangel would've been more impactful.
-Iceman and Psylocke would've have been regulars but they would've appeared as often as Archangel and Bishop did.
-Magneto wasn't really too vilianous outside of the first season. I would've had maybe 2 or 3 more episodes where Magneto was more of an bad guy.
-X-factor was used in one episode but I would've liked to see the new mutants as well. X-force would've been awesome eventually. Maybe if New Mutants appeared in season 3, X-force could've shown up in the final season.
-I would've toned down how dramatic Storm, Jean, and Xavier were. All 3 had great voice actors but sometimes the melodrama got away from them.
-Season 5 should've been more like the first 4 seasons in every way. I got tired of seeing Wolverine, Beast, and Jubilee and their magical adventures. Gambit barely appeared at all and when he finally did, he had an new voice actor.
-Jean appeared on occasiona after the dark phoenix saga but it was very rare that she didn't anything other than an action scene.

Colossus would have worn his uniform...like everyone...I never liked the fact he was always in normal clothers...not a major though...

...moving on...

major thing...Colossus, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, and Iceman would've been on the team...

X-Factor would be recurring instead a guest in a single episode...I think other teams should have been used as well...)...basically stuff you said...

- Chris Potter should have dubbed Gambit the entire 5 seasons.
- The Rogue/Gambit relationship should have had an episode of its own. Sure there were a lot of great Romy moments, but I'd have liked an episode solely based on the two of them.
- Less Wolverine centered episodes.
- Eh... a sixth season, maybe? :oldrazz: I worship TAS, I don't see anything else too wrong in it.

I just never liked how over dramatic they treat Jean. Besides the Phoenix stuff, she really doesn't have a lot ot do in the show.

Plus, not having guys like Iceman, Nightcrawler and Colossus as regulars sucked.

add psylocke, and let Jean have more to do.

she didnt have much going for her, and i HATED her hair in a pony tail. they should have had her hair down a few times at least. like they did with Storm having her hair up sometimes! i really liked that!

I wouldnt have had Jean be so weak. She was written pretty pathetically in the first 2 seasons. Headaches from using her powers? Give me a break

yea seriously when was Ice-man a bad boy or mad at Xavier in the comics??

and u got me there with Psylocke cuz i dont even remember seeing her lol

better and consistent animation

would've like to seen Wolverine in his brown n tan suit

cameos from other Marvel heroes who live in NY lol

yea seriously when was Ice-man a bad boy or mad at Xavier in the comics??

and u got me there with Psylocke cuz i dont even remember seeing her lol

better and consistent animation

would've like to seen Wolverine in his brown n tan suit

cameos from other Marvel heroes who live in NY lol
Psylocke appeared in season 4 during the Beyond Good and Evil story arc. Its the one where Apocalypse was rounding up all the telepaths

-Add my name to wanting Crawler,Pete etc to the team

-Wolvie in his brown uniform

-Keep telling long storyline instead of single episodes (though I know why the changed it to single episodes)

- They were SO great at adapting comic storys, I wish there were some they had done over how things they did. Ex: Omega Reds first appearnce (X-Men#4-7?) would have been so awesome.

-More apperances/cameos from other heroes/villains/x-characters. We did get TONS and half the fun of watching the show was to see who they would sneek in each week but still.

-A proper ending!

Psylocke appeared in season 4 during the Beyond Good and Evil story arc. Its the one where Apocalypse was rounding up all the telepaths

wow too much herbal medicine for me then cuz forgot that or jus plain ole missed it.. wat was the last episode? did it end like an ending of a series or did it just end? lol

wow too much herbal medicine for me then cuz forgot that or jus plain ole missed it.. wat was the last episode? did it end like an ending of a series or did it just end? lol
No it wasnt the last episode bc there was another season after season 4. beyond Good and Evil was a 4 part story which began with Scott and Jean's wedding and the Nasty Boys snatching her up. Apocalypse was trying to round up all the telepaths in the Axis of Time. Psylocke was first seen as she tried to steal somethng from Worthington Manor and she got into a fight with Archangel. She was later captured by Sabretooth and Mystique. You should consider looking for this as IMO it was the best story arc in the series after the Phoenix stories. Heres what she looked like

Last edited:
wow nice... imma def have to get this collection just cuz its classic X-men imo

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MrWayne

The series did have a final "ending" episode. Xavier dies and Magneto takes over the school/team. The last shot is even the "everyone looking up into the sun" cliche shot.

XMenCartoon-gradday4-799035.jpg

wow nice... imma def have to get this just collection cuz its classic X-men imo
This article is a great write up to why BGaE was such a great story: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/179125/the_best_of_xmen_the_animated_series.html

The series did have a final "ending" episode. Xavier dies and Magneto takes over the school/team. The last shot is even the "everyone looking up into the sun" cliche shot.

XMenCartoon-gradday4-799035.jpg
Xavier didnt die. Lilandra came to take him to the Sh'iar for healing. The team is looking up as the ship flies off

they should def re do the series but i still want them in their classic 90's costumes...

I liked Bishop and Cable....but they appeared way too often...

-Better, more consistent Animation.
-Show Shadowcat at least once.
-Develop Angel more as Angel. His character was quickly transformed into Archangel and he then became just Angry-at-Apocalypse-guy. When they tried to give him some personality in his last appearance it actually felt kind of awkward.
-Have Havok be revealed as Cyclops' brother.
-Have Jean do more on the team.
-More story arcs later on and a better conclusion (The finale left so many threads hanging. I believe the government was planning to hunt down the X-Men and Apocalypse was on the verge of coming back).

Cyclops Wolverine Gambit Beast Psylocke Rogue Jubilee Professor X as season regulars

Storm/Jean Grey as guest stars

LINE-UP CHANGE! That would be the #1 thing that I would change, like how glorious would it be if Iceman/Colossus became a regular in season 2, Angel/Nightcrawler in season 3 and Psylocke in season 4 then when get to see them in the opening intro - that would have been sooo amazing!

I would also include Shadowcat as a guest character, an appearance from Marrow, a bigger role for Dazzler (wearing her popstar outfit or her X-Men costume), a bigger role for Sunfire. Revanche story-arc for Psylocke. And possibly Onslaught to end the series. I wish the original animation team/original voice actors didn't leave until the end of the show.

I would try for slightly simpler character designs. One of the reasons why it's contemporary Batman seems to have aged better despite having te same type of animation problems at times seems to be due to the more animation friendly designs and the very distinctive artstyle (props, background, etc). Looking at a lot of the character models from the show, it gives off the feel that they were more concerned with just getting a comic book look than with smoothing the comic designs to work on screen. I think they probably could have emulated Jim Lee and animated well with the right designs. It also would have helped they outsourced better but it's a Marvel cartoon so, of course, they have no budget. In my dream world, it would look as good as Pryde Of The X-Men for each episode. That level of visual goodness paired with the best scripts of the show would be amazing to me.

Stronger voice acting. There was some voice acting that I love from the show, that will forever be the voices that come to mind for me, but for some of the secondary voices, etc, it just feels like they decided to ham it up all the way.

I'd probably do away with a lot of the Savage Land storylines. I just don't think it really translated the best.

I was perfectly happy with the main team and didn't think they really needed more than the handful they had but I would have liked it if the extended family (Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman, etc) showed up more than they did. I'd also rewrite it so that Angel was a founding member. I think it could have added to his tragedy if he was someone all of the team was familiar with and not just Rogue.

I wish there was better continuity when it came to the secondary mutants we'd see. It always bugged me when I'd see a character randomly used in the background or something (like Mystique in Slave Island) then when they show up again, they play a bigger role or have history with a character and it's never mentioned. I'd probably take an episode with Scott and Alex discovering their relation over an odd one like Family Ties.

This probably a little dumb but I think it would have been cool to see a next generation of mutants (Generation X, New Mutants, a mix of both) at the school as background characters during the last season, keeping Jubilee company. X-Men Evolution later played around with that but I think if done right, it probably could have led to a decent spin-off when X-Men wrapped up (Fox Kids probably would have ate up a pitch like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"