What would you have changed about the movie?

HaloCod27

Civilian
Reaction score
Now, I loved the movie, second only to Iron Man in my opinion, and I'm sure most people on the Thor board loved it too, but surely there is one thing you would've changed if you were at the director's seat?

Post them here.

i am guessin a lot of people will say the length of the dstryr battle for starters...

I would have really liked to have seen a scene with Frigga and Thor before he gets exiled just to get some sort of idea as to their relationship. Especially since Loki brings it up later.

I saw the movie again yesterday and the bit I found odd was the transition from when Thor can't pick up his hammer and goes for a drink, gets told to leave town that night, sits under the stars with Jane etc etc to the next morning when he's happily serving up breakfast and drying the dishes.

There seemed to be no large amount of grieving for his father or his situation apart from that initial scene with Loki and a bit in the bar scene, and the issue of him leaving town dried up and was never mentioned again so I wasn't sure why it was ever included in the movie.

I also found it strange that Thor didn't really wonder what he would do on earth and what his purpose would be. Contentedly drying dishes could have been replaced with a bit more introspection.

I liked happy smiley Thor a lot and I think that aspect of him added a lot to his charm, but would have expected a bit more grief or worry the morning after he's learned about his banishment and his father's death that he's been told that he caused.

Probably adding another 30 minutes so we'll have more scenes of Sif, Warriors 3, and more romance development between Thor and Jane. However, I think the movie is fine as it is with 2 hr running time.

I saw the movie again yesterday and the bit I found odd was the transition from when Thor can't pick up his hammer and goes for a drink, gets told to leave town that night, sits under the stars with Jane etc etc to the next morning when he's happily serving up breakfast and drying the dishes.

There seemed to be no large amount of grieving for his father or his situation apart from that initial scene with Loki and a bit in the bar scene, and the issue of him leaving town dried up and was never mentioned again so I wasn't sure why it was ever included in the movie.

I also found it strange that Thor didn't really wonder what he would do on earth and what his purpose would be. Contentedly drying dishes could have been replaced with a bit more introspection.

What should they have done? Should they have made Thor get a job and you see him going to work every day for two weeks, miserable and lost?

They hit you with big dramatic moments to reinforce the shift because it's not the kind of movie that is cinematically strung out over long time intervals ...... like a Benjamin Button for example.

I understand there was much more to the battle between the Destroyer and the Warriors Three/Sif - maybe this will turn up on the dvd...

I wish there were more to the battle against the destroyer after Thor gets his powers back...I felt of done properly, that battle couldve come close to the earlier frost giant fight

Yeah, Thor should not have been able to put the Destroyer down that easy.....or at least explain the lack of power away by it being run with the soul of a goat or something. :o

1) Thor would've fought hand to hand with The Destroyer for awhile before summoning a tornado and defeating it.

2) A few of Frigga's scenes would've been kept because her role could've been a bit more meatier.

3) Loki would've used quite a bit more magic instead of calling him a "master of magic" only for him to do just a few tricks within the entire movie.

4) I would've shown Thor fighting the Frost Giants and the Destroyer without Mjonir for a little while.

5) Thor would've used a couple more lightning attacks.

6) Thor would've had atleast one major feat of strength to shut up the people who's worried about Thor being able to go hand to hand with Hulk in the Avengers.

7) I would've given the Warrior's Three more screentime and displayed more of the Asgardian's superhuman abilities.

The very beginning, when Thor falls to earth, was somehow flat. The battles with the Destroyer and Loki were somewhat underwhelming. Both of these are minor. I completely enjoyed the movie.

I would have really liked to have seen a scene with Frigga and Thor before he gets exiled just to get some sort of idea as to their relationship. Especially since Loki brings it up later.

I thought this as well but I can understand any cuts in this regard. Thor's pacing is near perfect and one thing most films don't need to establish is love between a mother and son. For the most part, who doesn't love their mom? Still, an extra few minutes on this would've been nice.

I also know that Thor and Jane bonded more just off screen because of the time frame but that relationship was too important to be left to reading between the lines. Sure it was love at first sight mixed with infatuation but having them wake up together and start to cook breakfast might have given more on screen depth to the relationship. It's a tough call. They had a 50 mile drive together to the crater but how much of that to show? How much of the camp fire bonding? Overall, I wouldn't change much at all.

The only thing I would probably change is add a bit more to the Destroyer fight.

More scenes with the Warriors 3 and Sif.
More Frigga.
Have Loki tell Laufey he's his son.
Also....BALDER!

I also didn't care for the subterfuge around Loki being a frost giant. I think it woulda been better if everybody knew already like in the comics.

Now, here me out.

One of the best things about Loki and Thor's relationship is that Thor was pretty much the only person who actually loved Loki. Everybody knew he was the son of Frost Giants. Everybody knew he was destined to start Ragnarok too. And they treated him like s**t for it. It's one of the things I love about Loki's character. He's a dick because everybody treated him like he was one, so he went ahead and became a colossal dick. Playing to type.

One of the best things about Loki and Thor's relationship is that Thor was pretty much the only person who actually loved Loki. Everybody knew he was the son of Frost Giants. Everybody knew he was destined to start Ragnarok too. And they treated him like s**t for it. It's one of the things I love about Loki's character. He's a dick because everybody treated him like he was one, so he went ahead and became a colossal dick. Playing to type.

I loled. It's the same thing right now with kid Loki as well.

I would've added a brief shot of Thor getting up after being blasted out the palace by Loki, and twirling his hammer to fly to the Observatory. I would've also had Odin mention the Odinsleep was upon him soon earlier in the movie, as I think its introduction as is in the film is rather jarring (although it's sort of meant to be, Odin did go into shock with one son's banishment and another's discovery).

Otherwise, I wouldn't have changed much. A lot of people say Thor defeating the Destroyer is too short, but it's meant to be a moment of triumph. And likewise, people say the movie doesn't make out Asgardians to be stronger than humans, so Volstagg should've thrown a car or something at the Destroyer, but clearly they were surviving massive explosions.

I would've added a brief shot of Thor getting up after being blasted out the palace by Loki, and twirling his hammer to fly to the Observatory.

Yeah, I would've loved to see Thor crash into the ground creating a crater after beung blasted out of the palace.

I would have liked to have seen a scene where all the Asgardians were round a massive table having a feast, before the coronation of Thor. Would have been a good way to show the different characters and their attitudes and how they interact. Have Odin at the head of the table, all regal and serious. Maybe Thor being a bit insolent with poor table manners or something. Odin berating him.

Just some more scenes with the family before the coronation really. Help set the precedent for Thor's storming of Jotunheim and his eventual banishment.

And the Destroyer fight should have been much longer. A more drawn out, slobber knocker.

^ Hopefully Branagh learns from the numerous complaints about the length of the Destroyer fight and makes up for it with longer fights in Thor 2 (Executioner? Kurse? Ulik?).

Transformers 1 may have been a better film than TF2, but one thing Bay managed to do was give us MUCH better fight scenes and a better final battle.

I wouldn't have minded seeing on what the culture/lifestyle for Asgardians are like in their own realm.

That, and I'm still at a dilemma as to whether the events of Thor should have taken place either within the 2 days that it was presented, or if it should have taken place in a longer timespan.

It would have been interesting to see on what Thor was planning to do in regards to living his life past the second day if the Destroyer/Warriors Three and Sif hadn't arrived since Erik wanted Thor gone by the morning, and considering that Thor has no resources to create a comfortable lifestyle on his own at that time, I wonder what he was exactly planning on doing once he left?

I would have made the movie a 3 hour movie to have the TIME to extend many of the scenes that were cut, AND to add time to Thor learning Humility.

A bikini pillow fight between Jane, Sif and Darcy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"