Logan What would you have done differently? (Spoilers)

that for a moment after he was stabbed, I thought we were in a dream scene. I was more mind*****ed than anything.

Same here.

Let's just be grateful, that X24 didn't morph back into.. Mystique xD

:funny:

I'm still annoyed that Stryker was actually Mystique when Logan was pulled out of the water in DOFP. Makes zero sense.

I would've made a full on clone of Magneto rather than Wolvie... this would have given the new mutants something more meaningful to do rather than leaving the country.

Make the world's plight come around full circle.

Also, it would give Logan the same type of a win against a foe he had no hope of beating alone.

Kelly Hu still looks good and since Lady Deathstrike 's death was retconned by the events of DOFP anyway, her return would we welcomed.

Oh man, and tying in with the Reavers? Would have been freaking EPIC.

"I thought you were one of a kind wolverine... I was wrong"

Mangold obviously thought about throwing in characters and fan service but decided not too.

Now that I think about it as much as I love the X/cross moment at the end, they should have done it for Charles. His death wasn't that meaningful and that would have let it sink in.

Mangold obviously thought about throwing in characters and fan service but decided not too.

Yeah, he made the right choice, because there didn't need to be any fan service what so ever.

With as many problems as I have with X-24, that is what he decided to do, so that's the right way to do it.

Mangold was going to open the movie with the Westchester incident, he even wrote it but ultimately decided against it because it made the movie about the X-Men dying :( so there you go, the X-Men are dead.

Omega Red would have been cool in this rate R movie, instead of X24. Oh well.

I wouldn't wanna see all my favorite original timeline characters get killed, not after the nice wrap up we got in DOFP. Mangold made the right call.

The more I read about the ending from Mangold and Frank, the more X-24 seems like the right call. No other villiain provided the catharsis they were looking for while also maintaining the economy of storytelling.

^ You got links to those interviews? I haven't seen them. :)

Just got back from the film. I really really really enjoyed it. While there really isn't anything I would change, if I had to pick something, I would say that I wish x24 was given a semblance of the Wolverine costume in the final fight. The logic could have been that he was defeated the first time, so they give him some armor to make him even harder to kill the second time. But it's a minor thing.

Great movie.

But the more I think of it, the more I feel like they should have shown Eden as a refuge founded by Magneto. We didn't get to see him in the epilogue of DoFP and last we saw of Ian McKellen was his death that was probably righted in the new timeline. After Apocalypse it really seems like Erik was at peace. This would have been an amazing send-off for him as well. :(

this would have been fantastic

I would have also like to have seen Liev's Sabertooth make an appearance

I would'e made X-24 a different person. When he first came on screen, for a split second I thought it was Liev Schrieber again. :funny:

Mangold was going to open the movie with the Westchester incident, he even wrote it but ultimately decided against it because it made the movie about the X-Men dying :( so there you go, the X-Men are dead.

Really Mangold just took the Wolverine killing the X-Men stuff from Old Man Logan and gave it to Xaver.

It was abit tragic IMO because he never gets piece of mind about it before he dies so it doesn't quite go anywhere beyond his death.

Last edited:
X24. Should have been Sabertooth or Pierce.

Could have done without the green stuff.

Xavier's death, conceptually, was just okay.

I just think some other X-Men or character related to Wolverine should have been involved before concluding his story. Like Mariko or Yukio (unless she was one of the mutants that died too) At least a mention of them would have been nice. I kind of wanted a satisfaction knowing that he still met them in the new timeline Logan created in DOFP.

Maybe Erik too, just not a role as a villain, but just in a small part. Coming to think of it though, what if Scott was in it...heck, Storm and Jean too. Maybe Bobby. No Rogue.

But it's Logan's story. But having one of the X-Men members in it with supporting roles A Scott and Logan movie might have been interesting. Look at what they did with Cap Civil War. They waited until the third one to really involve the Avengers, and it was an awesome twist.

It's just before Logan's ultimate run, I still would have wanted to see Logan being a history teacher. I feel like these were missed opportunities.

Logan had the sword from Yashida.

Or the film could have started out with Logan being married to some woman and has a child or two, and they get...killed, and Logan seeks revenge. And maybe X-23 still could have been involved, the last thing to redeem him before he ultimately dies.

Point though, I didn't feel like we had a proper ending to the rest of the X-Men. Writing them off the movie and killing them all just didn't feel fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"