The Avengers What would YOU make the AVENGERS movie about..?

[A]

Avenger
Reaction score
I can't write :hehe: and I read very few Avengers stories--but I like some of the ideas I read in the internets (and this could be fun) So, what would you make the Avengers movie about..? And don't skimp on details--make nice and long posts, come on :D

I think it has to be a threat that is so terrifying that Fury unite all the Avengers together to deal with this enemy. Marvel will have to find a good plot that justify them teaming up, because all 3 major superheroes have their own movie and it makes no sense if they join together for a movie and a dinner. Introducing Hulk as that threat may be nice, but I don't want him to be the main baddie, but probably brainwashed and challeged the Avengers early on. I was thinking about introducing Skulls and their Invasion storyline, but only if it works as a standalone movie.

Last edited:
I think it has to be able a threat that is so terrifying that Fury unite all the Avengers together to deal with this enemy. Marvel will have to find a good plot that justify them teaming up, because all 3 major superheroes have their own movie and it makes no sense if they join together for a movie and a dinner. Introducing Hulk as that threat may be nice, but I don't want him to be the main baddie, but probably brainwashed and challeged the Avengers early on. I was thinking about introducing Skulls and their Invasion storyline, but only if it works as a standalone movie.

^ that if Norton ever comes back :hehe:

Even if Norton doesn't come back they can use an all CG Hulk.

of course. they can even get Ang Lee to wear the suit

No Banner = No Hulk... the last thing we need is another bastardization of the Hulk as dumb brute for the entire film without the depth of Banner. I don't need the eye candy if that is all Hulk is there for. Just recast the character.

They can make him smarter, have him mature since TIH. Have Hulk talk a bunch. He doesn't need to be a silent brute.

As much as I would hate for Norton to not come back, it seems likely and it wouldn't exactly be the end of the world.

With how they've set it up, with Fury being what unites them, and probably with S.H.I.E.L.D. backing them, I'd say the easiest and most likely story (or at least what I'd do) is some sort of Ultimates based story. An impending alien invasion the team has to fight off. a simple enough but threatening obstacle tha could let all the avengers shine in battle. Make Baron Zemo take the place of Kleiser (either make him an alien, or have the aliens bring him back to life to lead them once more). Basically Ultimates 1 vol 2, skipping the first story with Hulk as the bad guy. Not sure about part 2, but for the 3rd one, have Loki from Thor's solo movie show up and unite all the seperate bad guys to attack NY at once, essentially doing Ultimates 2. He is joined by Abomb, Whip/dynamo from IM2 (only a much bigger threat, like Dynamo from Ultimates 2), Sterns from TIH (now mutated into leader) to mind control the Hulk into attacking his teamates (using Avengers vs Hulk from Ultimates 1 without making hulk the bad guy), etc. We get a HUGE epic fight for the 3rd film, including the asgardian trolls and vikings, which would help even more to tie in our's and Thor's world. Biggest Superhero fight EVER on screen. (disregard the black widow being a bad guy and hawkeye killing her aspect. It was awesome in the books, but I don't think it's neccessary to have that aspect in the movie, nor do we really need hawkeye's family).

At the end, we see the Avengers decide to dissconnect from S.H.I.E.L.D. in order to be able to help the world without it being seen as US government action.

Now that the team would simply be a public gathering of heroes, start to gear more toward 616 avengers, bringing in more characters from the classic avengers tales, both heroes and enemies. Falcon, She-hulk, whoever. It frees it up to go back to classic stuff because you have the core team established, and they are no longer owned and operated by Fury, though it'd be nice to see him pop in from time to time to ask for their help or whatever.

I know some people don't like the ultimates because they find the characters to be "jerks", but the easy answer to that is to just not write them as jerks. I've never read any 616 Avengers stories, but if that's the favored characterization, personality-wise, use that. The story of the Ultimates can still be used in the broad sense of what the plot and villains are.

Ummm....yeah. My ideal Avengers movie has already been written. It's called The Ultimates 1 & 2.

'The Avengers' = 'Saw VI'
'nuff said.

:grin::oldrazz::woot:

Ummm....yeah. My ideal Avengers movie has already been written. It's called The Ultimates 1 & 2.

seriously, certain traits aside (cap's a huge *****e btw) reading ultimates feels like watching a movie.

..and not a very good one either :hehe:

Are you serious? The Ultimates 1 & 2 (ignoring the god awful Loeb garbage that is 3 & Ultimatum) are easily the best reads Marvel has released in 10 years. If you don't like them, then I don't know what to tell you. As iraqipogo pointed out, they are written very much like a screenplay so the transition from graphic novel to film is very natural here.

I think it has to be a threat that is so terrifying that Fury unite all the Avengers together to deal with this enemy. Marvel will have to find a good plot that justify them teaming up, because all 3 major superheroes have their own movie and it makes no sense if they join together for a movie and a dinner. Introducing Hulk as that threat may be nice, but I don't want him to be the main baddie, but probably brainwashed and challeged the Avengers early on. I was thinking about introducing Skulls and their Invasion storyline, but only if it works as a standalone movie.

Please, NO Skrulls or alien invasions. That would be death for the film.

Maybe Ultron (loosely based on the Ultron Unlimited storyline?) could be the threat? It would be a good way to introduce Hank and Jan since they will be the only new characters not seen in a previous film. Ultron/artificial AI running amok would draw Tony Stark's attention. Hulk could be drawn in to the conflict and even lose control like the end of the animated Ultimate Avengers feature.

Plus, Avengers smashing robots would look great and appeal to the PG-13 violence quotient... no blood. The box office would love an Iron Man meets Transformers type film.

avenultronunlimitedz.jpg

Please, NO Skrulls or alien invasions. That would be death for the film.

Maybe Ultron (loosely based on the Ultron Unlimited storyline?) could be the threat? It would be a good way to introduce Hank and Jan since they will be the only new characters not seen in a previous film. Ultron/artificial AI running amok would draw Tony Stark's attention. Hulk could be drawn in to the conflict and even lose control like the end of the animated Ultimate Avengers feature.

Plus, Avengers smashing robots would look great and appeal to the PG-13 violence quotient... no blood. The box office would love an Iron Man meets Transformers type film.

avenultronunlimitedz.jpg
You gotta be ----ting me...

You gotta be ----ting me...

I ---- you not.

I'm only talking in terms of visual appeal. The trailer alone would draw kids by the boat load. Iron Man/Hulk/Thor smashing an Ultron robot?!?!?!

I like what the series Earths Mightiest Heroes (drawn by Scott Kollins) did.
They get together to fight threats that no one hero can handle by themselves.

Combine both Ultimates for the first film, have Ultron in the sequel and combine all heir villains for the third movie.

spomething like fighting ultron like in comcis how he wants to kill the avengers

I ---- you not.

I'm only talking in terms of visual appeal. The trailer alone would draw kids by the boat load. Iron Man/Hulk/Thor smashing an Ultron robot?!?!?!
So, what you're saying is that they might as well hire Michael Bay right on the spot to make some crap-ass 'Transformers' clone. I think I'll have enough big, giant robots in one year, thank you:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"