Days of Future Past What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

Neither, honestly. I'm ready for the series to come to an end. It's a full and complete story.

But if there has to be a sequel, I think I'd prefer a sequel to X-Men: First Class. I think X-Men: The Last Stand dead ended too much by killing Xavier, Cyclops, and Jean Grey and curing Rogue. A future sequel would have to be a team of Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, and Kitty Pryde, which in and of itself isn't a horrible team, but in the movies, Colossus, Iceman, and Kitty Pryde haven't been portrayed as characters that could carry a movie.

X4. First Class was by far the best X-Men film to date, but I don't think a sequel adds anything.

As names/concepts without any detail, either sound fine.

If I knew more about who/what might be included in them, then I could choose!

X4 would seem likely to omit Cyclops, Jean, Xavier, Mystique and Magneto, and possibly Rogue as well. That would leave Storm, Wolverine and whoever else they decided on including (possibly a new team altogether, as at the end of the Last Stand novelisation). Of course, that's only my quick assessment - they might well bring back some of the dead or cured characters for all we know.

First Class has many decades to fill in yet, and the younger, more vibrant cast does seem a fresher option overall.

Honestly, I can't choose, but I think a First Class sequel would be easier to get off the ground soon - they have the cast, they have the locations, they have a director wanting to come back.

Neither, honestly. I'm ready for the series to come to an end. It's a full and complete story.

But if there has to be a sequel, I think I'd prefer a sequel to X-Men: First Class. I think X-Men: The Last Stand dead ended too much by killing Xavier, Cyclops, and Jean Grey and curing Rogue. A future sequel would have to be a team of Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, and Kitty Pryde, which in and of itself isn't a horrible team, but in the movies, Colossus, Iceman, and Kitty Pryde haven't been portrayed as characters that could carry a movie.

Unless X4 is based on Days of Future Past where the X-Team concept is no longer applicable. You have an entirely new set of supporting characters with Wolverine commanding the picture.

Right now its a hard question for me too.

Ive been waiting for X4 since X3, but right now, I want to see the new cast in the next decades, and specially the last sequel, with Scott, Jean and Ororo, if they decide to include them. I really want to see it.

But I love the cast of X3, so....

I cant vote right now.

Either, I guess. I would like to see a First Class sequel simply because I like the cast and crew behind it and would like for them to further explore the X-Universe. As for X-Men 4, I used to be against it, and still am depending upon who Fox gets to return for the sequel, but I'm curious about Singer's supposed X-Men 4/X-Men 5 treatment.

Last edited:
FC sequel. There's just alot I wanna see between FC and the first X-Men movie

HOnestly, even if they got Singer to return I wouldnt really want to see a X4`

Both movies with the right team can be great movies.

I think right now they should do Second Class.

its definetly the easier way, and the less expensive for Fox.

And deppending on how Second Class works on the worldwide boxoffice, Id do Third Class or X4.

X4. I loved First Class, but I wish we could move forward with the series. Enough prequels. Maybe Vaughn would make X4... Or both? :awesome:

I think Ive made the decision.

Next, I want to see Second Class.

I dont feel X4 is the right proyect right now, after the great reception of FC.

So I vote for the sequel to FC.

X4. It can go into to more interesting places without destroying continuity.

If Fox IS smart they will go this way after The wolverine.

First up a X-Men First Class sequel set In early 1970's.This would have Magneto begining to attack leading up to first X-Men VS Brotherhood.My suggestion would be add Polaris to Havok,Banshee,and Beast.By end of film Beast could be only X-Man still with Xavier and the brotherhood besides Mystique and Emma could have been killed and Xavier begins to lose hair.

Then do X4/X5.It will most likely be version of Days of Future past.The post credits scene gave then the opening to bring back Xavier.Inless a Superman Returns situation occurs Cyclops won't be In it.Besides Wolverine the lineup will be dependent on who wants to come back(Possible that Ellen Page and Kelsey Grammer would decline) and what other actors would want(Storm could be dropped If Halle Berry asks for too much) Rogue would probally get the major role In a days of future past film.Magneto may not even be In this film.

After that do conclusion of first Class trilogy set In 1980's(This allows james Mcavory,Michael fassbender,Januray Jones,and possibly Rose Bryne to age some more to be more credable in film set 20 years after first Class) and Introduces Teenage Cyclops,Jean Grey,and Storm.Could also show Sabretooth becoming part of Brotherhood and Emma Frost breaking away from Magneto.

In my opinion, the best way to end this franchise would be with X4/X5.

To finish it with Third Class would be cute.

But to finish it with X4 or X4/5 would be EPIC.

X4 as long as they recast most of the roles and don't bother bringing back any of the dead or cured characters with the possible exception of Rogue as a cameo type supporting role.

First Class I feel like has many more unique and interesting possibilities but if it is infact more of a prequel than reboot then I'll pass. I have zero interest in any of those characters beyond Magneto and Xavier and they've already been pretty well established and developed. Characters like Psylocke would work better in an X4 I feel anyway.

Maybe working in Havok and Banshee as older cameos would be cool.

No idea what the plot would be though.

I really can't give an opinion that's not full of bitterness.

I mean, I really enjoyed First Class... but the whole franchise spat on Cyclops, and he was my favourite x-man.... it's just really really hard to let that go...

Why oh why oh why could it not just have been a reboot :(

hopefulsuicide, hopefully you'll get a great Cyclops role on the final part of this possible new trilogy.

I really really hope so.

Its my main interest about this new trilogy, to see the introduction of Scott, Jean and Ororo and how they meet the rest of the x-men, and watching them in action bigger than ever.

I've read a lot of complaints from people not wanted FC2 because the bg X-Men aren't the big names like Jean and Storm.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Last Stand killed off Cyclops, Jean, and Prof X. It also stripped Rogue, Magneto, and Mystique of their powers (at least significantly). So, um, who exactly would you be seeing X4 for?

XFC sequel all the way. I don't care who's in it as long as we get plenty of scenes with Fassbender and McAvoy.

C) Both!

I am for the sequel to First Class. There's a lot of potential now and new energy brought to this franchise. It would be nice to finish the trilogy. They accomplished a lot with the 'prequel' and it would be smart to continue the story. The formation of the X-Men, Cyclops and Jean, Sinister, Mutant Massacre, now that we got Magneto's story develop Xavier's, launch of the Sentinel program, Genosha... are all potential stories that could work in this time-line prior to the darker days of the two X-Men films.

And then I am for X3 and X4 being made simultaneously (after the second class film) and work as legitimate sequels to X2.
X3 would deal with Magneto's last effort to achieve a mutant paradise, also Sentinels could be a part of the film and Bastion, with the Days of Future Past theme. While X4 will continue some of the story from X3 and concentrate on Dark Phoenix saga and Sinister (instead of the Hellfire). Maybe if this franchise survives 4 more films they can make an epic finale with X5 and Apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"