Days of Future Past What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

After the undewhelming X3, I am not even interested in X4 in general. Jean, my favorite character is dead and it would probably be another Wolverine feature, with Storm as co-star. The third one just ruined this timeline for me...

But First Class on the other hand is so fresh and interesting and it made me really like the characters I never cared for before (Magneto, Beast, Banshee, Moira). I want to see more of them and the other I like (Havok, Emma), so a First Class sequel would be way more interesting for me!

I kind of lost interest in X4, surprisingly.

after all this months I feel like I need to see how the characters from First Class evolve after some years

and I need more screentime from the young x-men, more dialogue scenes and team action, bigger action yet, and of course a new girl on the team.

I think Id enjoy second class even more than FC, since I already know these new characters.

I would love to see both but I just don't see X4 happening anytime soon.

Looks like we are getting a mix of FC2 & X4.

I just hope after DOFP we finally get a X-Men 4 movie :D!

would be really interesting to do this poll again some months after Days of future past release.

Im sure the numbers will change a little bit, hehe

No to FC2 and X4.

Fox should continue this trend and have an epic AoA adaptation (with old & new cast) that dwarfs DOFP completely and caps this current franchise.

Then reboot down the road or keep mixing old and new. It's a good mix and it really plays up a dynamic not really seen in many comic book films nowadays and can finally help the X-Men shed their "humdrum" status and elevate to full comic glory.

Am I the only one who wants DOFP to change things in such a way that Singer can then do his own X3?

Am I the only one who wants DOFP to change things in such a way that Singer can then do his own X3?

A lot of fans want that but I think its time to move on with new stories. The Phoenix Saga in X3 sucked and no need to redo that with Bryan Singer.

What if his X4 opens by talking about how the events of DOFP changed things, and there's like a ten minute recap of how the Phoenix Saga was affected, resulting in Xavier still being alive, Cyclops being alive, and Jean in a coma?

Hopefully, they don't even need to go that far. By the end of Days of Future Past, hopefully we're left with the idea that things have changed. I don't see them tackling Singer's X-Men 3, but I think the idea is that they won't be entirely limited by the events of the previous films anymore.

What if his X4 opens by talking about how the events of DOFP changed things, and there's like a ten minute recap of how the Phoenix Saga was affected, resulting in Xavier still being alive, Cyclops being alive, and Jean in a coma?

Xavier will be alive in DOFP since they are bringing back Patrick Stewart. Jean being in a coma again would be repetitive and with Cyclops, they could create a whole story for X4 on why he disappeared.

If they do X4 why would they have to address any changes to the way things ended in Last Stand? The way I see it, X4 would be a whole new story on its own, as essentially they would be in a changed Future/Present. So the story would pick up with the same characters from the Original Trilogy but they wouldnt be bound to that narrative.

At the end of DOFP the First Class characters should be left wondering if they changed the future. Therefore that first few moments of X4 would be confirmation that the world had in fact changed and that this is a whole new world from the Original Trilogy. So Cyclops and Jean could be alive since this would be an alternative future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"