The Dark Knight Rises What's Joker up too?

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
Its been 8 years since Bats tied up the loose ends with Two-Face/Joker.

Two-Face is dead and Batman incriminates himself for the murder.

Joker is seemingly arrested by SWAT.

So what is The Joker up to when there is a break out. We see that Crane (who was also arrested in TDK) has been set loose. So has dozens of criminals. So in all this madness obviously Joker escapes, what would his character do with this scenario at hand?

Bane lets all the criminals loose, it really only makes sense that Joker would have been on the loose too, just like [blackout]Scarecrow.[/blackout]

The only sensible assumption is that Joker was transferred out of state.

At best he is locked up in Arkham.

But you think probably during those 3 months, Bane would of cracked that place open as well.

I think Joker probably sits back and enjoys the chaos, maybe bides his time for Batman to fix it all, so he can once again mess with him.

Bane only busted out the Blackgate ones because he felt they deserved to be liberated because they were locked up by Dent, whom Bane learned was not the hero he had been made out to be.

I don't see why he'd touch the Arkham inmates.

Well Crane was never arrested because of the Dent act and he was set free.

Well Crane was never arrested because of the Dent act and he was set free.

How do you know he was set free? He could have escaped and been in hiding for months before Bane took over. It's never stated there was an Arkham break out.

Bane only busted out the Blackgate ones because he felt they deserved to be liberated because they were locked up by Dent, whom Bane learned was not the hero he had been made out to be.

I don't see why he'd touch the Arkham inmates.

But wasn't Joker also locked up due largely to Dent? And Joker was one of the few people who knew the truth about Dent too.

But wasn't Joker also locked up due largely to Dent? And Joker was one of the few people who knew the truth about Dent too.

Joker was locked up because he was a psychopathic terrorist lol. Him not getting parole is something that any court would rule on without the Dent act. Joker's crimes were so terrible he could never get released.

I figure he would be transfered to a maximum security prison far away from Gotham. Like, REALLY far.

Joker though could also plead insanity to his crimes.

Perhaps in this more realistic world nolan has created that old comic staple wouldn't hold up.

The Joker's plans in TDK despite what he claimed were all very premeditated and claims of insanity would not hold up for him.

So either he was executed or transferred to an out of state super-max.

Just because you plead doesn't mean the judge and jury agree. Given all the planning, they surely would have thrown it out. Hell he should have been sent to federal prison for something.

Bane probably came by Arkham...took one look at him and said "no this one stays in the box"

The Joker told him about his scars.

With all the chaos going on, he probably would enjoy it.

He died sometime in the eight-year gap.

He is still catatonic

Until "The Dark Knight Returns" comes out... :hehe::cwink:

I figure if he's alive he's sitting in his own pit somewhere.

I wonder if Heath was still alive, if he would've played the judge... I could picture The Joker wearing the white hair judge's wig giving out sentences... just classic! haha

This is one of my gripes with the movie. I know Nolan took Heath's death hard but it's kinda dis respectful to the fans of Batman and the movies and to Heath himself to NOT acknowledge his fantastic performance in the previous movie. I mean Dent and Rachel gets referenced why not Joker,Batman's defining villian? The could have simply said Joker was transferred out of Gotham city to another prison or something like that. Just not mentioning him at all was a stupid idea. He played a BIG part in Bruce retiring in the first place.

I wonder if Heath was still alive, if he would've played the judge... I could picture The Joker wearing the white hair judge's wig giving out sentences... just classic! haha

That would've been neat.

But alas... :csad:

But, he's in our minds & hearts. :hoboj:

Last edited:
Who knows? Maybe he was sent to a maximum security federal prison outside of Gotham, maybe the politicians didn't want him in Gotham in case of an escape.

Maybe he pulled a bruce wayne—
broke out of prison and moved to France

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"