What's keeping Iron Man to become Marvel's Batman?

Discussion in 'The Comics' started by chiefchirpa, Jun 25, 2006.

1. RogueDK Agent Of The Bat

Not to get off of subject here but did they show what Mr. Blonde(one of your examples of the consumate villian) did to that cop in Resevoir Dogs? No. But the suggestion was still there.

There are arty approaches to the evil that you seem to covet from entertainment. You don't have to see actual penetration to get your rocks off...

2. Anubis Sup?

I fail to see how that makes a difference. Not like they showed Anikan actually kill those younglings or whatever. :rolleyes: They showed enough, and it wasn't in an adult comic, It was in a DC comics special event, with Batman and Superman and all those other goodie two shoes we know and love.

When was the last time you read a superhero comic? The Villains have become some sick f**ks over the last 20 years or so. Toyman is a pedophile. Ultron eradicated an entire nation. Every man, woman, and child. A guy killed Green Lanterns girlfriend and stuffed her in a refrigerator. The Red Skull killed Captain America. All this in your run of the mill comics.

3. samsnee Ok

This is exactly why. Look at the most popular heroes, Batman and Spider-man. Both have at least 3 or 4 villains the general, non-comic reading crowd could name off the top of their heads. Only Superman is at the same level of popularity, and most people could probably only name 2 or 3 of his villains (Luthor, Bizarro, Mxylpltk).

I can only really name a few IM villians... Mandarin, Fin Fan Foom, Crimson Dynamo, but maybe only Mandarin has the same charisma or coolness of a Joker or Dr. Octopus.

4. Odin's Lapdog Registered

the entire jlu was geared towards the team fighting off nemeses of superman

brainiac, lex luthor and darkseid, one easily in the top three villains of all time.

most decent heroes have at least three badass villains. Ironman has the mandarin (who has been drastically downplayed) and other suited technological counterparts which probably take a second place for tony being an alcoholic.

5. Benstamania Go away.

You know when Iron Man will be on Batman's level? When people start making hate threads about him in another heroes movie forum. :p

I myself never cared for Stark, and Civil War just made him a prick. I don't blame that on IM, I blame that on the writing. The movie however looks pretty sweet and may make me start reading some IM books.

6. IRON_Lad Registered

Batman's just more interesting. I mean I tried to get into Ironman books a couple of years ago but it was just boring. But with Batman you can just pick up any book and it will be at least a little enjoyable. But maybe the movie will change that. Also Why are you tring to compare Batman to Ironman when they have nothing in common except for their money?