What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Df8IiHAVQAEgb04.jpg

7/10

0YAOc7r.jpg

Sicario: Day of the Soldado

It obviously doesn't hold up to the last one, but I thought pretty damn great. I was worried with the way the movie opened (and it's rough) that it was going to be some extreme jingoistic right wing crap, but thankfully they got around it. Where the first Sicario was a mystery/crime film, this was a war film meets a western. Taylor Sheridan's writing was great as always and the new director does try to mimic the style of the first movie. It basically is Benicio del Toro's movie and by the end, it's obvious they want to make more of these. Overall, it's one of the better movies this year.
9/10

SlYEdtE.jpg

Ocean's 8

Man this was a snoozefest... It's got all the ingredients for a fun heist film to work but the script. I'll say the set up was fine, they were able to do a good job bringing everyone together. Once they figure out the plan and start acting on it is when it became so dull and uninteresting. The twists were lazy and the comedy doesn't really work. Overall, it's pretty forgettable.
5/10

giphy.gif

ELECTION (1999)
Quality = 9/10
Joy = 6/10

The one focal character who comes as mostly nice and likable admits laughing at something horrible near the end of the movie.
It's about how a bunch of jerks react to miscommunication and not liking each other for one reason or another, but as good as it is, it's not done in a fun way.

An entertaining slice of action and spectacle with the Rock, Naomie Harris and JDM all having fun as the likable leads and some impressive CGI on George to bring him to life. 7.5/10

First Reformed - 8.5/10
Never experienced such a stunned silence from an audience at the ending of a film before. This movie will take some time to process, but at first glance it certainly feels like a culmination of all of Paul Schrader's work (and film influences) into something cathartic and explosive in the quietest way possible. Almost feels like a swan song, so I'd be interested to see what comes next.

An entertaining slice of action and spectacle with the Rock, Naomie Harris and JDM all having fun as the likable leads and some impressive CGI on George to bring him to life. 7.5/10
This is the last movie I watched. I love JDM's character here, and find his daughter (Watchmen joke) to be an insane oddball.

Just watched this last night. Agreed great action and destruction, some really good CGI as well especially on heorge and the other apes in the beginning. JDM and The Rock were awesome. I also enjoyed the connection and relationship between The Rock and George. :up:

I did a double feature last night so it was Rampage and Ready Player One. And RPO was :hrt::up: Spielberg is one of my favorite directors as he is obviously for many. And as someone like myself that is in their 30’s there was so much in this film I could relate too or remember from growing up one way or another. So many Easter eggs and references that this requires multiple viewings gas and constantly pausing the screen to look for them all :funny:

How was this one? I was gonna check it out soon.

I liked it,good voice casting as per the usual DC animated movies and the story was faithful to the comic and novel.

Would recommend. :woot:

I liked it,good voice casting as per the usual DC animated movies and the story was faithful to the comic and novel.

Would recommend. :woot:

Nice, yeah the animated films have been great. I still have a few others to catch up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"