• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics What's this Comic?

Yodaman

Legend
Reaction score
I was looking at the online catalogue for my local library and I came across something called "X-Men: Enter the Pheonix". It's in Juvenile Fiction and while it doesn't have a page count or an author the cover makes it look like a comic. Here's a plot synopsis:

The X-Men are sent to the farthest regions of space to fight a desperate battle board an orbital space station. Upon their return, one hero will undergo a transformation so startling, it threatens the survival of the universe itself!

It said it was published by a company called Tor and was released in 1996. Is this an actual comic or just a kiddie novelization of a cartoon episode?

It could be a novel, there are lots of novels out there. Or a kiddie book

Yodaman said:
I was looking at the online catalogue for my local library and I came across something called "X-Men: Enter the Pheonix". It's in Juvenile Fiction and while it doesn't have a page count or an author the cover makes it look like a comic. Here's a plot synopsis:

It said it was published by a company called Tor and was released in 1996. Is this an actual comic or just a kiddie novelization of a cartoon episode?

Sounds a lot like the Phoenix story.

well, it says the Author is Chris Claremont

That Amazon link is the book., and I have it It's a black and white reprint of UXM 100-101 (maybe 102, as well, but I dont know where it is since I bought the Essential, so I can't check and make sure) and Classic X-Men's "Origin of the Phoenix" backstory, as well as an out of place bio for a Sentinel. It's a small book (3 1/2 x 5, maybe), and each page is broken down into a few panels so you can still read it and make it out, thus the high page count. But it neither a novel, nor a kiddie book, nor a catoon adaptation, but the original Claremont/Cockrum - Claremont/Bolton stories, lacking color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"