What's worse? Marijuana or Alcohol?

November Rain said:
i don't think any of them are bad, it's the users who misbehave under their influence that are the bad one.

the effects of getting high or drunk vary from person to person and also depends onthe amount taken.

a large amount might send me to sleep which may be a good thing if i'm indoors but a bad thing if i was driving. (infact it would be a really bad thing since i can't even drive).

also alcohol is used for medical purposes so it's not completely bad. I suppose there are some benefits of weed in medicine as well so no bad spots there.

i'm on the fence on this one but i don't smoke weed anymore, nothing really except for the fact i'd rather be going out meeting people than staying indoors getting high (i don't like travelling when stoned).

when was the last time you smoked? Im thinking of quitting too. I have this semi dry burned out feeling, but I havent had a drop of alcohol since november of last year.

Alchohol is worse, by far, though both are not something recommended.

Cigarettes are worse that weed for pete's sake.

i don't see as many accidents on the road caused by high drivers as i do drunk drivers...

...being drunk is worse than being high (though both are pretty fun if you're just chillin). it's much harder to get a high hangover than a drunk hangover and the high hangover's aren't nearly as bad, hehe. :X

FlameHead said:
Alchohol is worse, by far, though both are not something recommended.

Cigarettes are worse that weed for pete's sake.
Weed illegalization is a byproduct of the alcohol lobby in Washington.

Calvin said:
I hate smoking from bongs or pipes, it feels incredibly ridiculous.

the joint/spliff/roach is definitely the best way to go.

ShadowBoxing said:
Weed illegalization is a byproduct of the alcohol lobby in Washington.

Yep. Think of how much the government could tax marijuana. I mean, talk about easing up the national debt a little. Even if the whole illegal "mystique" isn't there I bet potheads would still buy a ton of it if it's available in stores. And yes, it could hurt the alcohol and tobacco...probably moreso the tobacco (imo)...industries if marijuana were legalized. There is one question I'd like to know the answer too...and I'm partially speaking rhetorically...and that is this: I know Native Americans can get special religious waivers to use marijuana but I wonder if the same holds true for Rastafarians? I've never heard of them getting any. It's definitely a religious thing for them too.

I can't bear people who smoke pot. They tend to be such lazy, arrogant layabouts.

ObakeTora said:
when was the last time you smoked? Im thinking of quitting too. I have this semi dry burned out feeling, but I havent had a drop of alcohol since november of last year.
about a year ago. I took a picture of myself on my camera phone of me when i thought i was looking decent, I looked ****ing wrecked. I let my ego take care of the rest.

plus the fact that i wanted to be more social meant i was able to stay out of the house while my other friends stayed in and got wasted. I weighed up that meeting other people and having funny adventures on a night out was better than having the same funny adventure over and over and over on a night in was.

it wasn't that hard to give up

britrogue said:
I can't bear people who smoke pot. They tend to be such lazy, arrogant layabouts.

That's a product of the person themself, not Marijuana. You're lumping all those who smoke pot into a stereotype and that's just not fair. I mean, are all Alchohol users wife beaters?

Alcohol's definately worse. Weed, I feel, is the only drug that should be legalized. Coke, heroin, meth, all that s**t needs to stop, THAT'S the s**t that kills you.

blind_fury said:
How many people have died from marijuana poisoning?

None. Unless you smoke it and drive or operate heavy machinery, Marijuana cannot kill you.

all the people said that pot is worse than alcohol should really sit down, relax and smoke a joint on a sunday afternoon and just chill...
I consider myself a regular pot smoker, I could even go as far as saying that I do it almost every day, but here's the kicker: I also try to follow a healthy diet, exercise regularly and I don't drink alcohol
interestingly enough, I am also a teacher, musician, writter, translator and parent...
I've never had a drug test that came out positive, because many people don't know this, but if you keep a healthy system, your body's metabolism will flush away the not used remnants of THC in your body just as fast as it will flush the toxins in your body

oh yeah, and smoking pot has not dettered in my performance of either of the activities I wrote above

tobacco is harder to quit

Wilhelm-Scream said:
They are both bad, but in a societal context more lives are destroyed by alcohol, by far.

That's only because more people use and abuse alcohol then Mary Jane.

But, as the saying goes : Dance with Mary Jane and your gonnna get your toes stepped on.

Well said Plas and I agree wholeheartidly. People who think that Pot makes a person lazy are definatly in the wrong. A person themselves makes a person lazy, not a smokable plant. Sure, it's relaxing but, that's only a good thing.

I myself am a pothead and I have more energy than one person can really handle. I sometimes think about what I'd be like if I didn't have pot to calm me down at times. Not only that, I haven't become a stupid lump like most believe will happen by smokin' weed. NOT the case. I'm an intelligent, hard working guy and that comes from my personality and upbringing. Those who do become stupid lumps are letting themselves become that way, simple as that.

Anyway, I guess this isn't a pro weed thread. It's a poll on which is worse and again, by far, alchohol has ruined more lives and killed more people than weed would ever do.

FlameHead said:
Well said Plas and I agree wholeheartidly. People who think that Pot makes a person lazy are definatly in the wrong. A person themselves makes a person lazy, not a smokable plant. Sure, it's relaxing but, that's only a good thing.

I myself am a pothead and I have more energy than one person can really handle. I sometimes think about what I'd be like if I didn't have pot to calm me down at times. Not only that, I haven't become a stupid lump like most believe will happen by smokin' weed. NOT the case. I'm an intelligent, hard working guy and that comes from my personality and upbringing. Those who do become stupid lumps are letting themselves become that way, simple as that.

Anyway, I guess this isn't a pro weed thread. It's a poll on which is worse and again, by far, alchohol has ruined more lives and killed more people than weed would ever do.

Pot lowers your sperm count.

FlameHead said:

Ah well, I'm not havin' kids anyway.

It's been proven.

Coffee is supposed to be good for it though. :up:

Lord Siva said:
It's been proven.

Coffee is supposed to be good for it though. :up:

Well, I should equal things out then. I pretty much am on a strick diet of weed and coffee most days.

FlameHead said:
Well, I should equal things out then. I pretty much am on a strick diet of weed and coffee most days.

There you go.:up:

You'll live to the ripe old age of 30.:)

Ahh, it's all downhill after that anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"