What's worse? Marijuana or Alcohol?

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by blind_fury, May 1, 2006.

?

What's worse?

1. Marijuana

2. Alcohol

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ObakeTora vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v

when was the last time you smoked? Im thinking of quitting too. I have this semi dry burned out feeling, but I havent had a drop of alcohol since november of last year.

2. FlameHead Registered

Alchohol is worse, by far, though both are not something recommended.

Cigarettes are worse that weed for pete's sake.

3. DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

i don't see as many accidents on the road caused by high drivers as i do drunk drivers...

...being drunk is worse than being high (though both are pretty fun if you're just chillin). it's much harder to get a high hangover than a drunk hangover and the high hangover's aren't nearly as bad, hehe. :X

4. ShadowBoxing Registered

Weed illegalization is a byproduct of the alcohol lobby in Washington.

5. KingOfDreams Registered

the joint/spliff/roach is definitely the best way to go.

6. KingOfDreams Registered

Yep. Think of how much the government could tax marijuana. I mean, talk about easing up the national debt a little. Even if the whole illegal "mystique" isn't there I bet potheads would still buy a ton of it if it's available in stores. And yes, it could hurt the alcohol and tobacco...probably moreso the tobacco (imo)...industries if marijuana were legalized. There is one question I'd like to know the answer too...and I'm partially speaking rhetorically...and that is this: I know Native Americans can get special religious waivers to use marijuana but I wonder if the same holds true for Rastafarians? I've never heard of them getting any. It's definitely a religious thing for them too.

7. britrogue Registered

I can't bear people who smoke pot. They tend to be such lazy, arrogant layabouts.

8. Odin's Lapdog Registered

about a year ago. I took a picture of myself on my camera phone of me when i thought i was looking decent, I looked ****ing wrecked. I let my ego take care of the rest.

plus the fact that i wanted to be more social meant i was able to stay out of the house while my other friends stayed in and got wasted. I weighed up that meeting other people and having funny adventures on a night out was better than having the same funny adventure over and over and over on a night in was.

it wasn't that hard to give up

9. XwolverineX Registered

Weed, it's destroyed so many of my friends. :o:down

10. Arkady Rossovich Registered

Both are equally dangerious,when abused.

11. FlameHead Registered

That's a product of the person themself, not Marijuana. You're lumping all those who smoke pot into a stereotype and that's just not fair. I mean, are all Alchohol users wife beaters?

12. Sandman138 Registered

Acid

13. MaskedManJRK Registered

Alcohol's definately worse. Weed, I feel, is the only drug that should be legalized. Coke, heroin, meth, all that s**t needs to stop, THAT'S the s**t that kills you.

14. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

None. Unless you smoke it and drive or operate heavy machinery, Marijuana cannot kill you.

15. PLAS Registered

all the people said that pot is worse than alcohol should really sit down, relax and smoke a joint on a sunday afternoon and just chill...
    I consider myself a regular pot smoker, I could even go as far as saying that I do it almost every day, but here's the kicker: I also try to follow a healthy diet, exercise regularly and I don't drink alcohol
    interestingly enough, I am also a teacher, musician, writter, translator and parent...
    I've never had a drug test that came out positive, because many people don't know this, but if you keep a healthy system, your body's metabolism will flush away the not used remnants of THC in your body just as fast as it will flush the toxins in your body

oh yeah, and smoking pot has not dettered in my performance of either of the activities I wrote above

tobacco is harder to quit

16. Kritish Registered

That's only because more people use and abuse alcohol then Mary Jane.

But, as the saying goes : Dance with Mary Jane and your gonnna get your toes stepped on.

17. FlameHead Registered

Well said Plas and I agree wholeheartidly. People who think that Pot makes a person lazy are definatly in the wrong. A person themselves makes a person lazy, not a smokable plant. Sure, it's relaxing but, that's only a good thing.

I myself am a pothead and I have more energy than one person can really handle. I sometimes think about what I'd be like if I didn't have pot to calm me down at times. Not only that, I haven't become a stupid lump like most believe will happen by smokin' weed. NOT the case. I'm an intelligent, hard working guy and that comes from my personality and upbringing. Those who do become stupid lumps are letting themselves become that way, simple as that.

Anyway, I guess this isn't a pro weed thread. It's a poll on which is worse and again, by far, alchohol has ruined more lives and killed more people than weed would ever do.

18. Kritish Registered

Pot lowers your sperm count.

19. FlameHead Registered

Ah well, I'm not havin' kids anyway.

20. Kritish Registered

It's been proven.

Coffee is supposed to be good for it though. :up:

21. FlameHead Registered

Well, I should equal things out then. I pretty much am on a strick diet of weed and coffee most days.

22. Kritish Registered

There you go.:up:

You'll live to the ripe old age of 30.:)

23. FlameHead Registered

Ahh, it's all downhill after that anyway...

24. PLAS Registered

I have four children

25. Kritish Registered

I didn't say it makes you sterile.

It's just harder to have kids.