What's your alternate Infinity Saga viewing order?

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
22 (or 23) Films is a lot, and not everyone has the free time to binge watch them all. Also, not all of them are essential in understanding the overall saga.

So, do you have a cut down version of the Infinity Saga that you like to watch? Do you have a particular chronological order you like to view them in? If so, you can post them here.

My list:

1. The Avengers
2. The Winter Soldier
3. Age of Ultron
4. Civil War
5. Thor: Ragnarok
6. Infinity War
7. Endgame

I'm going to list the full version. The ones in bold are the ones I consider musts and would be in the shorter version.

1. The First Avenger
2. Captain Marvel

- Timeline wise, these are the first.

3. Iron Man
4. Iron Man 2
5. The Incredible Hulk

- Stark is in a consultant role in TIH, which makes it a better fit for after IM2.

6. Thor
7. The Avengers
8. Iron Man 3
9. The Dark World
10. The Winter Soldier
11. Guardians of the Galaxy

12. Age of Ultron
13. Ant-Man
14; Civil War
15. Doctor Strange

16. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
17. Homecoming
18. Ragnarok
19. Black Panther

20. Ant-Man and The Wasp
21. Infinity War

- These two are difficult because of that end scene in AM&W, but I really think the two Thanos movies should be seen back to back without the light-hearted Ant-Man movie stuck in between to disrupt the momentum.

22. End Game

23. Far From Home

The big thing that makes it must watch to me is that the bolded are largely the ones that deal most directly with the Infinity Stones. If one of the stones factors heavily into the plot, then it makes the list as they are a bigger part of the larger "arc.' I'll make an exception for Iron Man 1 just because he's the main protagonist of the whole saga, so his introduction basically has to be there. Civil War also needs to be there as the breakup of the Avengers is a big deal in Infinity War. The other two I would really want to include are Ragnarok which runs straight into the beginning of Infinity War and The Winter Soldier which explains the demise of SHIELD which is another big thing that's important to see.

1. First Avenger
2. Iron Man 2
3. The Avengers
4. Winter Soldier
5. Civil War
6. Black Panther
7. Infinity War
8. Endgame

IM2 isn't great but it's where they really started to build towards Avengers and I love watching Sam Rockwell.

IM > IM2 > Avengers > TWS > AoU > CW > IW > EG are the ones which show the entire team, without filler.

Origin stories should be watched sometime, i think?

I think you need to just look at the elements of Infinity War & Endgame to check what’s absolutely necessary for the stones/flashbacks. Unfortunately, it is a bit lengthy, but it’s less than 25 lol:
  1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America: The First Avenger
  3. The Avengers
  4. The Guardians of the Galaxy
  5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  6. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  7. Dr. Strange
  8. Captain America: Civil War
  9. Thor: Ragnarok
  10. Avengers: Infinity War
  11. Captain Marvel
  12. Avengers: Endgame

Movie #1 (Iron Man, Capt. America, Capt. Marvel, Thor, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther, gotg, Spider-Man, Avengers)
Movie #2s (Iron Man 2, Dark World, Winter Soldier, Vol. 2, Wasp, age of Ultron)
Movie #3s (Iron Man 3, Civil War, Ragnarok, Infinity War)
Endgame
Far from Home

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"