Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by TheFlamingCoco, Mar 31, 2013.
worst fear.. leaving the cinema with the same empty feeling I had after Superman returns.
Its a Tie between not liking MOS and the film bombing,killing the franchise for the time being .
I dread awkward, preachy dialogue. This being a Goyer written film and all.
It won't happen t:
Also your avatar rocks
Another fear I have is not enough Humor.
Trailers are impressive, but pretty heavy so far .
My only fear is that it is a great movie but gets overlooked so it bombs, ala Dredd.
Real shame that film bombed I would have loved to have seen Karl Urban again in a bigger budget sequel
I would say a lack of superman doing supermanly things, poor cgi, and then bad acting; though I believe we have nothing to fear in those areas.
Ugh me too.
If it makes anybody feel any better, Dredd failed for reasons that dont really apply to MOS.
They really couldnt market to familes because of the violence.
And , I dont really think they had a huge marketing budget .
That it will be ponderous and take itself too seriously, kind of like what the trailers imply. Or that it will suck and be boring. Lots of action does not automatically=exciting to me. Plus I hope they don't go too far with the woe is me I'm different thing. I think I'd find it really hard to relate to someone who feels sorry for himself because he's a perfect looking godlike being that many people would kill to be.
1.That it takes itself too seriously.
2.That Superman is basly written in an effort to make him relatable-either hes too whiny,mopey or emo and doesnt have the confidence,swaggger or charm of the worlds greatest hero.
3.That going for realism might have been a mistake especiallly fter looking at Thor 2 which seems to be going for Fantasy and is shaping to up to be EPIC.What bugs me is that Superman can just be as epic too.
Superman having "swagger".
He must have swagger.Its one of the things I like about the New 52 superman-he believes in himself to do the impossible
My worst fear (that probably won't happen) is that MOS will turn out to be a POS.
Say no more! You share my exact feelings. No further comment needed!
Judging by the rate of marketing for this film, my worst fear is that Warner Bros. actually forgets to release Man of Steel in theaters come june.
really though, I can't say I have many fears for the film. I love superman but I wouldn't call myself a diehard as much of the superman-lore is unfamiliar to me. So my expectations aren't too high, as I don't know what to expect.
My worst fears:
1. There is a scene in which Clark walks away from helping someone because he doesn't want to be a hero (ala Spiderman 2).
2. There is any indication that the only reason he is Superman is cause his father tells him to/because it's his destiny
3. There are no scenes showing his lightness/sense of humour/love for life and he spends the entire movie being pensive and serious
4. He kills a living being, accidentally or on purpose.
5. Lois is too nice (weird one, but if this woman doesn't have an edge to her then it's just not Lois Lane )
6. Too much cgi, and badly done (I keep thinking of Sucker Punch. As much as I liked the film, I didn't like a lot of the cgi )
7. Michael Shannon's performance will be diluted because of the overuse of cgi costumes for his character
8. There is a nano tech or other weird explanation for his suit fitting under the clothes and/or there is some tech that changes his appearance when he puts on the glasses.
9. Henry Cavill's performance or accent is jarringly bad
10. I think the movie is incredible, both as a Superman fan and a movie goer in general - but it gets horribly unfair slating reviews and a terrible box office
I fear that Cavill will be bland and uninteresting.
Adding onto hopefuldreamer's list...
11. Pacing/editing issues
12. Not enough character moments
13. People texting during the movie
14. Some crazy unexpected event affecting the BO
I'm kinda joking....but I'm kinda being serious about this, but this is one of my fears:
the director of batman is doing this move.that the reason i want to see this.
This is a post from the MOS: Facebook Fanpage! People are so clueless! If this movie is as great as I think it will be people like this joker will give all credit to Nolan because they have no clue that Snyder is doing the movie. People need to pay attention
Yep. And more on that note, this is what I randomly came across the other day:
read it and weep!
Didn't think of this. True, don't want another maggot like James Holmes.
Yeah but I wouldn't mind Nolan's name getting in these deluded fools who think adding to the box office
First off this assjack called Superman "the caped crusader"...that's Batman jack.
Secondly he said those are CGI space ships....you mean they didn't really come from outer space?!?!?! And he also, as well, has no clue that Snyder is the director....not Nolan. His "Achilles Hell"??? Heel maybe??? I'm ripping this guy a new one....