What's your worst fear regarding MOS?

My worst fear is that the film will not be long enough... A Superman film this epic needs to be 3 hours long at least. ;)

I'm a bit worried regarding the third act, it seems like a growing trend among superhero films especially origin films, They spend so much effort is crafting the story of how they came to be, then they completely blag it when it comes to having them overcome a credible threat in a satisfying manner. Iron Man suffered from this and to a lesser extent Batman Begins. I just hope they capitalize on Zod's involvement in Kal-el's origin and build up to a climactic fight that doesn't feel tacked on.

And the final fight be it against zod or the big spider/squid needs to be really REALLY good, like better than anything else in the film. Another trend in films is how they tend to have better sequences during the middle of the film than the very end.

I had certain fears about the film; it might be too CGi-ish, it might not have enough action, it might have poor pacing, and so on. But none of them would be massive, massive concerns for me - Batman Begins is often criticised for its 3rd act but I still loved it and it's never hampered my enjoyment of the film that much. Some Marvel properties have had whiffy CGi at times, but it didn't ruin them for me. None of these things are dealbreakers by themselves.

My single biggest fear though was Henry Cavill's performance. IMO the film revolves around him, so if the performance isn't good then no amount of excellent storytelling or amazing effects will fix it. Sure, he's got the Superman face and the Superman body - but some have expressed concerns that perhaps he wouldn't be charismatic enough, or would be too stiff, or simply wouldn't stand out in an ensemble cast of seasoned actors.

After watching the trailer however, I'm relieved that Cavill seems to have absolutely nailed it. His line delivery, his accent, his mannerisms, his charm, the blue eyes - the whole package is 110% Superman. I'm confident that he's going to own the screen when we finally see the film.

I hope this is THE role for him. A lot of good actors put out average or mediocre work until they finally step into the role they were born to play, and it fits them like a shoe - I've a feeling that for Cavill, that role will be Superman.

My fear now at this point is that it will "jade" me against other superhero flicks. Dark Knight didn't ironically, because it had a more crime-drama atmosphere. :)

yeah, i'm having a hard time gettin' exited about IM3 after the MOS 3rd trailer came out .. :whatever:

That a bug constantly flying around the movie screen and around the theater will force me to jump up and try to kill it during an emotional scene

My fear is that critics will not give it good high score simply because it tells origin again, some of that and the story was seen in STM and S II.

And GA will give a mediocre response to the movie, like what happened in case of X-Men: F C.

^ The critical fear seems valid. I expect lower 80s at most, and that's if MOS is a masterpiece. It will probably get in the late seventies, because of a certain amount of critics thinking it too similar and dissimilar to the Donnerverse.

Critical acclaim and box office numbers are my biggest worries. I'm also worried the Nolan Batman films might get an easter egg in the movie. That would establish them in the same universe which I don't want.

I had a dream that MOS somehow got a 7% on Rottentomatoes despite having only 5 reviews. One of the reviewers wrote his review in 'good, bad , and ugly ' form and his ugly was Cavill. As in physically ugly. I do fear poor reviews but that dream was pretty hilarious once I woke up. The latest trailer has calmed my fears about it being too self important and serious, now I just hope I like it. I do really hope critic reviews are fantastic, if only because its just a lot more pleasant if more people enjoy the same thing you do. People say it doesn't matter as long as you like it but it sucks when movies you love get bashed left and right.

I'd say my biggest fear is that the movie doesn't do well enough to impress all the doubters who keep saying that this is Superman's last chance.

My fear is that critics will not give it good high score simply because it tells origin again, some of that and the story was seen in STM and S II.

And GA will give a mediocre response to the movie, like what happened in case of X-Men: F C.

Don't worry about poor critic reactions. Fear instead that the GA will dislike it because it retells some of the story of STM and SII. They're the ones who will guarantee a sequel...or not.

One of the my favorite parts about the Superman character is his origin. Never can get enough of that.

My fear is that it will get critically panned somehow. I trust Snyder though.

My fear is that it will get critically panned somehow. I trust Snyder though.
A lot of critics and fans do not like Snyder though. In the beginning, almost everyone was against Snyder taking up the director chair, despite the initial high hope with the news of Nolan taking helm of the new Supeman film. At that time I wasn't concerned about Snyder, except for his weakness with structuring story (well before Sucker Punch) I saw a potentially gifted director with eyes for cinematic vision. I just wished that he move away from his heavily CGI background.

The only director that I had in mind during that time was Darren Aronofsky - at least his Superman would have been unique.

As for my fear - it remain with the story structure. I still habour a little doubt about Goyer, and when you mix him with Snyder, it's like some kind of bad voodoo! LOL.

I remember back when everyone was all in love with 300 and were hailing it as the greatest comic book movie ever. It only takes one movie for public opinion to do a complete 180.

I don't know why everyone is so concerned about critics' reviews. They're not the ones who will determine whether we'll get a sequel.

My fear is bad CGI, editing and bad dialog(delivery and bland context).

I remember back when everyone was all in love with 300 and were hailing it as the greatest comic book movie ever. It only takes one movie for public opinion to do a complete 180.
For Zack Snyder, which movie caused the 180?

I don't know why everyone is so concerned about critics' reviews. They're not the ones who will determine whether we'll get a sequel.
Yes indeed. It is all about butts in the seats!

I would rather it get excellent reviews and moderate or decent boxoffice (enough for a sequel) than crummy reviews and stellar box office. Although not always true, in general if the majority of critics like a movie, it is a good movie and if they hate it it sucks. I would really hate for MOS to be crap and for the audience to eat that up. It guarantees the sequels will suck too. Look at Transformers.

My worst fear is that Man of Steel doesnt begin a DC cinematic universe.

I suppose one of my main fears - after I have seen the movie - is they withhold doing a sequel and move onto a Justice League movie. I'm sure a Justice League movie can be done well. But if they get the solo franchise ball rolling with MOS, I'd like to see it continue to roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"