What’s Your Most Anticipated 2023 CBM?

Guardians, and the others aren’t even close.

The Flash and Guardians of the Galaxy are the only ones I care about.

This one. Easily.

061399f147226e72434e541608c4acd5313c9ee0.gifv

I’m pretty even amongst most of these at around 7.5 - 8.5 hype level.

Easy, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3. 2nd would be Quantumania, but Guardians is a clear number 1

Here's my answer from the Marvel version of this thread:

Easily The Marvels for me. Loved Captain Marvel and while I'm not a huge fan of some of the changes made to Ms. Marvel, I am a huge fan of the character in general and Iman Vellani has her characterization down perfectly so I can't wait to see her on the big screen, either.

Guardians 3 will definitely be fun and I'm super curious but it feels *really* late at this point (for obvious reasons) so it's harder to get hyped for.

Ant-man... I really want to be hyped. I still think with a few more passes at the script, the first Ant-Man could've been one of the best superhero movies in existence. AMatW looked from trailers like it might be truly great and then turned out to be the most boring MCU movie in existence. I love Cassie and I really want to believe this movie will be the perfect father/daughter team-up that has all the heart and fun of Ant-man 1 with much stronger story chops while also bringing the themes of the series full circle... But it's setting up Kang for the big crossover and it's following up Ant-man and the Wasp, so I doubt it will actually focus on Cassie and Scott as much as it should and it's hard to have faith it will actually be a great movie anyway.

Really could not care less about Kraven, though I like Taylor-Johnson well enough so I'll check it out eventually.

---

You can probably slot Spider-verse in after Ant-man. I expect SV to wind up the better film but if Ant-man actually pulls off the trilogy closer it needs, that would blow any enjoyment I'll get from Spider-verse out of the water.

As for DC? Shazam 2 will probably be decent, like the first but I don't care enough to anticipate it. Aquaman was trash and I have no particular reason to expect different in the sequel. The Flash sounds like a dumpster fire of behind the scenes changes and I didn't like Miller in the role even before their public crimespree. Blue Beetle has the advantage of introducing a new hero, which is something I tend to enjoy, but right now I know nothing about the movie and only what I remember from Young Justice about the character. And my faith in DC remains low. I won't be seeing any of them in theaters. Unless Blue Beetle has amazing trailers.

Spider-Verse is the only one I'll catch in theaters. I've never liked James Gunn's work, and the rest of Marvel & DC's work doesn't interest me. Honestly, seeing all of the movies grouped together in a list like that just illustrates how underwhelming next year will be for superheroes.

It would have to be GotG Vol 3. The second wasn't quite as good as the first, but it did the emotional beats better so hopefully the third can bring the best of both the previous ones.

I'm interested in Kang but the Quantumania trailer I saw didn't do much for me so I don't actively look forward to it much.

With The Marvels I did like Ms Marvel as a character so that's a positivt, but Monica didn't do enough in WV to make me all that interested and unfortunately Endgame used Captain Marvel in the exact way I didn't want them to use any character so right now I'm really negatively disposed to that character due to that. I hope they can revitalize that character for me.

Aquaman was surprisingly my favorite DCEU film so I hope the next will be entertaining as well, but nothing I'm really hyped for.

Shazam was one I was really disappointed with as it wasn't funny and the main character not very likable, plus he was nothing like himself when he became Shazam.

The Flash just seems like a mess.

Across the Spider-Verse will probably be good, but I just don't feel that a sequel was needed so it's not something I'll be longing for. Who knows, it could be the best one of the year, but could also be a case where they just overdo the concept.

GOTG VOL 3 , and I probably won't bother with the rest.

The only one I have even a kernel of interest in is Guardians 3, and that's really only because I liked Guardians 1.

Really a toss-up between Guardians 3 and Across the Spider-Verse. I was always looking forward to Vol. 3 but that trailer really won me over.

I gotta go with The Flash. all the terrible things considered, I still feel like this movie is gonna end up being very entertaining. Just gotta separate Ezra from my enjoyment of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"