Min
66jldt.jpg

Loial
2nv4412.jpg

Lan
2v96nfs.jpg

:wow:

That's some great art!

Also, I'm up to the part where Mat blows the Horn of Valere in The Great Hunt. I'm calling it now: Selene is Lanfear.

Loads of people know:oldrazz:
Brandon Sanderson is finishing it, he's bee working on for over a year already and it looks like it'll be out in November.

lol...not surprised I don't. I really lost interest around book ten, though I've read them all just for the sake of it. I used to keep up with when the next one would come out and keep on top of, now I just don't care. Though I will probably finish reading the series.

I admit I really like the world he created.

:wow:

That's some great art!

Also, I'm up to the part where Mat blows the Horn of Valere in The Great Hunt. I'm calling it now: Selene is Lanfear.
That's my guess as well I think it will be confirmed soon.

lol...not surprised I don't. I really lost interest around book ten, though I've read them all just for the sake of it. I used to keep up with when the next one would come out and keep on top of, now I just don't care. Though I will probably finish reading the series.

I admit I really like the world he created.
You should finish, but yeah I agree it's a really long series.

This guy solitarium is so freaking good on DA look at these face studies he's drawing them the way I see them like look at his loial that's the first good one i've seen:
282g5zo.jpg
They should hire him to illustrate for them.

Ditto on the Loial likeness, as well as the one near the top of this page, they're the best renditions of him that I've seen.
Some good art up there.

But this guy is by far my favorite WoT artist.
http://www.seamassketches.blogspot.com/
His drawings for the likes of Mesaana, Uno (!), Birgitte, Gaidal Cain, Berelain and Lan are just awesome.
His Trollocs are grotesque too:woot:
and his Ogier Deathwatch Guard:wow:

not to mention all the other stuff he does.

Have any of you heard/seen the Dabble Brothers WoT Comics that are coming out?
http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=454

I just finished the third book and I was sort of underwhelmed with the ending. Oh well i'll keep trucking through the series I still love it.

I'm also almost done with New spring the prequel novel it's funny to see Moraine so young and especially how her and Lan meet:D

Ditto on the Loial likeness, as well as the one near the top of this page, they're the best renditions of him that I've seen.
Some good art up there.

But this guy is by far my favorite WoT artist.
http://www.seamassketches.blogspot.com/
His drawings for the likes of Mesaana, Uno (!), Birgitte, Gaidal Cain, Berelain and Lan are just awesome.
His Trollocs are grotesque too:woot:
and his Ogier Deathwatch Guard:wow:

not to mention all the other stuff he does.

Have any of you heard/seen the Dabble Brothers WoT Comics that are coming out?
http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=454

That artist is very good but I still like my guy better:p

I'm so excited about the comics I didn't know. I'll buy the Graphic Novels though. Chuck Dixon gives me hope that they will be good.

I just finished the third book and I was sort of underwhelmed with the ending. Oh well i'll keep trucking through the series I still love it.

I'm also almost done with New spring the prequel novel it's funny to see Moraine so young and especially how her and Lan meet:D

Don't worry, there's a lot of great stuff in book 4, great finale. Won't say no more :cwink:

The scene with the pond lol, funny stuff.

No new word on the Movies, but they said it'd be a few years before we see anything of importance. Looking forward to those, hopefully they don't f**k it up :D

I'm sure they will though so few good adaptions. To the Lord of the Rings movies are the pinnacle of adaption. I can't imagine it being done better than that.

I just checked out book 4 from the library this morning and have all ready started reading i'm so addicted:D

I'm sure they will though so few good adaptions. To the Lord of the Rings movies are the pinnacle of adaption. I can't imagine it being done better than that.

I just checked out book 4 from the library this morning and have all ready started reading i'm so addicted:D

Mmmhhmm, but fingers crossed. If they get it right it'd be epic.

Nice :up:

I don't even know if epic covers it to me its better than Lord of the Rings. And don't get me wrong I love LOR! In the book right now they are questioning the two black Ajah they caught and for the life of me I don't know why they don't still the other one? If it was me I would still her then execute the one who doesn't know anything and start questioning again.

This is a great scene out of the book i'm currently on. This was drawn by kittehness on DA:
105660z.jpg

Artist's Comments
Limping to the foot of the bed, he lowered himself there and laid Callandor across his knees, bloody hands resting on the glowing blade. With that in his hands, even one of the Forsaken would fear him. In a moment he would send for Moiraine to Heal his wounds. In a moment he would speak to the Aiel outside, and become the Dragon Reborn again. But for now, he only wanted to sit, and remember a shepherd named Rand Al'Thor.

~Wheel of Time book Four, The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan

I am so happy to have this done. It makes me so happy!

There is a SERIOUS lack of decent Wheel of Time fanart out there. For reals. I decided to take a favorite scene of mine and illustrate it as I see fit. Oh the angst! I haven't done something nasty and bloody in a long time. And yet I wanted it to be serene and calm too, despite the carnage. Rand looks like I think he should, and not like the 40-year old Darrel Sweet makes him look like! Argh! Also, to practice composition as designed for a book cover.

I really feel for Rand, I mean gosh the mud he gets dragged through! He's probably my favorite character of the books, he goes through so much change and Mister Jordan gives him no respite Then again, I am only on book 8. Still plugging my way through. And yes, this is before Rand got the dragon tattoos from Rhuidean.

Found another really great artist on DA Pyji here is Moiraine Damodred:

2d14x06.jpg

Artist's Comments
Time for some fan art
Moiraine Damodred, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah and niece to King Laman and raised in the Sun Palace in Cairhien and..
all of that makes no sense unless you've read The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, but basicly she is.. sort of royalty, can do magic, and is a good "manipulator", kind of. And one of my favorite characters in the series
Go read it!

She seems to wear alot of blue in the books, but I also added those slashes of her house colors, mainly because I love the New Spring novel
And I know the staff she has in the beginning probably looks different but.. oh well

yes the background is.. bad

Moiraine Damodred (c) Robert Jordan

Looks like the last book is so huge that it has to be split up into three volumes:

Tor announces The Gathering Storm, Book Twelve of Robert Jordan’s legendary Wheel of Time® fantasy series

Tor Books is proud to announce the November 3rd, 2009 on-sale date for The Gathering Storm, Book Twelve of The Wheel of Time and the first of three volumes that will make up A Memory of Light, the stunning conclusion to Robert Jordan’s beloved and bestselling fantasy series. A Memory of Light, partially written by Jordan and completed by Brandon Sanderson, will be released over a two-year period.

Robert Jordan, one of the greatest storytellers of the 20th and early 21st centuries, passed away in 2007 after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis. Brandon Sanderson, the New York Times bestselling author of the Mistborn books, was chosen by Jordan’s editor—his wife, Harriet McDougal—to complete the final book.

The Wheel of Time series has sold over 14 million copies in North America and over 30 million copies worldwide with translations into 28 languages. The last four books in the series were all #1 New York Times bestsellers, and for over a decade readers have been eagerly awaiting the conclusion to the epic story.

Harriet McDougal said on the process behind A Memory of Light: “The scope and size of the novel was such that it could not be contained in a single volume, It was a piece of marvellous good fortune that Brandon Sanderson undertook the work. He is a great pleasure to work with, as well as a wonderful writer.”

Holy Crap so the total will be what 14 books:eek: and I'm only on book Four:csad:

15 so you only have 11 more to go.

This is a great scene out of the book i'm currently on. This was drawn by kittehness on DA:
105660z.jpg

I really like that picture, Rand is a bit clunky and Callandor is wrong, but they really caught the vibe.
I think I've only ever seen one drawing of Rand where I really thought it was an accurate representation of him.
EDIT: This is the one I'm talking about
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qalxyuibv...91sDaT9E/s1600-h/re-learning+the+sword+03.jpg and http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qalxyuibv...Aks/Pmx086TYiro/s1600-h/jeremysaliba_rand.jpg
from this guy
http://jeremysaliba.blogspot.com/search/label/Wheel of time
He's actually working on some of the comics.

Perrin is also hard to come by.
That painting of Moiraine is fantastic.

15 so you only have 11 more to go.

16 if you count The Guide :woot:.

Last edited:
I agree not my favorite Rand and Callandor is wrong but the mood the somber tone that I thought they captured brilliantly.

That guy is fantastic I can't wait for the graphic novels to come out I'll be buying all of them which could be dangerous to my wallet:D

16:eek: Guide what guide?:confused: I've read new spring and the first 32 novels and i'm more than halfway through the fourth the shadow rising.

Looks like the last book is so huge that it has to be split up into three volumes:

Tor announces The Gathering Storm, Book Twelve of Robert Jordan’s legendary Wheel of Time® fantasy series

Tor Books is proud to announce the November 3rd, 2009 on-sale date for The Gathering Storm, Book Twelve of The Wheel of Time and the first of three volumes that will make up A Memory of Light, the stunning conclusion to Robert Jordan’s beloved and bestselling fantasy series. A Memory of Light, partially written by Jordan and completed by Brandon Sanderson, will be released over a two-year period.

Robert Jordan, one of the greatest storytellers of the 20th and early 21st centuries, passed away in 2007 after a courageous battle with the rare blood disease amyloidosis. Brandon Sanderson, the New York Times bestselling author of the Mistborn books, was chosen by Jordan’s editor—his wife, Harriet McDougal—to complete the final book.

The Wheel of Time series has sold over 14 million copies in North America and over 30 million copies worldwide with translations into 28 languages. The last four books in the series were all #1 New York Times bestsellers, and for over a decade readers have been eagerly awaiting the conclusion to the epic story.

Harriet McDougal said on the process behind A Memory of Light: “The scope and size of the novel was such that it could not be contained in a single volume, It was a piece of marvellous good fortune that Brandon Sanderson undertook the work. He is a great pleasure to work with, as well as a wonderful writer.”

This just sucks and goes completely against the word of Jordan while he was alive who said the last book would be made available as one complete volume, not split into threee and certainly not published over 2 years.

Tor is obviously trying to milk the most money out of this and they will succeed in doing so as people will buy the rest of the series no matter what.

Last edited:
Heya,

Yes. I love that painting of Moiraine, but it dosen't help she has been one of my fave characters through out the series, hand down. She has a mission, and vowed to do it no mattter what, even with a few wrong turns here and there.

That does suck there will be split into 3 parts, but then again...I just rather have it done right, and then nothing all. IMO, I'm still a believe that they should just let it die than another writer do it, tho. =/ But I'm sure it's helping that Harriet is still the editor.

Ali

And there going from his notes and dictation I hear. I think Tor is indeed going to milk every last bit. 10 years from now they will re-release the whole series as a special edition.

Not to mention the grapic novels and tv/movie adaptions out there. I just hope his wife sees her fair share of it all.

16:eek: Guide what guide?:confused:

http://www.amazon.com/World-Robert-...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241038011&sr=1-3

Also referred to as The Big White book (BWB) or Small Black Book. Has info on the Age of Legends, Forsaken, Shadowspawn, the Nations of Randland and other lands like Seanchan, Shara and the Land of Madmen along with a world map and other stuff.

If you google "Strike at Shayol Ghul" you'll find a cool little story RJ wrote about the end of the Age of Legends.

This just sucks and goes completely against the word of Jordan while he was alive who said the last book would be made available as one complete volume, not split into three and certainly not published over 2 years.
Tor is obviously trying to milk the most money out of this and they will succeed in doing so as people will buy the rest of the series no matter what.

-Sanderson talks a length about the split on his blog, it's enlightening and after reading it I understood better, even if I'm not totally pleased:
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/article/56/Splitting-AMOL

The book is only about half written (at 450,000 words!), split or not, we wouldn't get the ending until 2011. BS pulled off a remarkable feat by getting 450k words down in under a year, but he couldn't possibly keep that pace up.

-We couldn't know if RJ would have considered a split once he saw how big the book would become, he'd constantly underestimated how long this story would be from the very start.

His main wish was that the story be finished and he left more than enough written/typed/audio notes (there was a recording played at a conference a week or two ago of RJ describing the Prologue (just reading a description of RJ talking about it gave me chills)) and whole written sections as well as sitting his family down and telling them how exactly it was supposed to go.

-Tor are a business, they'll obviously want to make a profit. But you're kidding yourself if you think splitting this into 3 is going to cost much more than one volume at 8 or 900,000 words, one volume would cost a friggin bomb and be totally impractical to lug around (I've heard about Tor's shoddy bindings, it'd probably fall apart before you even reached halfway).

http://www.amazon.com/World-Robert-...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241038011&sr=1-3

Also referred to as The Big White book (BWB) or Small Black Book. Has info on the Age of Legends, Forsaken, Shadowspawn, the Nations of Randland and other lands like Seanchan, Shara and the Land of Madmen along with a world map and other stuff.

If you google "Strike at Shayol Ghul" you'll find a cool little story RJ wrote about the end of the Age of Legends.

-Sanderson talks a length about the split on his blog, it's enlightening and after reading it I understood better, even if I'm not totally pleased:
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/article/56/Splitting-AMOL

The book is only about half written (at 450,000 words!), split or not, we wouldn't get the ending until 2011. BS pulled off a remarkable feat by getting 450k words down in under a year, but he couldn't possibly keep that pace up.

-We couldn't know if RJ would have considered a split once he saw how big the book would become, he'd constantly underestimated how long this story would be from the very start.

His main wish was that the story be finished and he left more than enough written/typed/audio notes (there was a recording played at a conference a week or two ago of RJ describing the Prologue (just reading a description of RJ talking about it gave me chills)) and whole written sections as well as sitting his family down and telling them how exactly it was supposed to go.

-Tor are a business, they'll obviously want to make a profit. But you're kidding yourself if you think splitting this into 3 is going to cost much more than one volume at 8 or 900,000 words, one volume would cost a friggin bomb and be totally impractical to lug around (I've heard about Tor's shoddy bindings, it'd probably fall apart before you even reached halfway).

How long do you think I should wait to read the white book some of it sounds unfamiliar will it spoil anything? I don't know why I care because I went to Wikipedia for clarification on a character and couldn't stop clicking until I read too much. Like Siuan Sanch being stilled shocked me but if I had read it in context first I think I would have been floored. Just started Heaven of Fire by the way and Avienda is acting crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"