Wheel of Time Series

Holy crap I just read something and I have to know...If you haven't read past book 5 don't read this:

I Just read where Moraine pushes lanfear through the red door I had heard she dies eventually is this where:confused:...if it is I mean I figured it would be much later:csad:

Moraine does not appear anymore as the Moraine you have to gotten to know as of Book 11

I can't believe it:wow: It's the Gandalf moment and yet I think maybe she comes back. Just starting Lord of Chaos today.

How long do you think I should wait to read the white book some of it sounds unfamiliar will it spoil anything? I don't know why I care because I went to Wikipedia for clarification on a character and couldn't stop clicking until I read too much. Like Siuan Sanch being stilled shocked me but if I had read it in context first I think I would have been floored. Just started Heaven of Fire by the way and Avienda is acting crazy.

Well it doesn't really matter all that much when you read it, since there's no spoilers for the main story, just as long as you're familiar with the story (which you are being up around book 6) so pick it up whenever you feel like expanding on the world. The Land of Madmen isn't even mentioned in the main books, but the BWB tells a bit about it.

I'm in the process of re-acquiring my WoT books that I loaned to different people, I haven't read them in years so I need to reacquaint myself with the story before November:woot:

I Just read where Moraine pushes lanfear through the red door I had heard she dies eventually is this where:confused:...if it is I mean I figured it would be much later:csad:

Great scene. The Finns won't be happy at all [understatement], Moiraine and Lanfear just destroyed one of the only ways to their world, and since the Finns are essentially Traders... :nono:

:hoboj:

Last edited:
Well it doesn't really matter all that much when you read it, since there's no spoilers for the main story, just as long as you're familiar with the story (which you are being up around book 6) so pick it up whenever you feel like expanding on the world. The Land of Madmen isn't even mentioned in the main books, but the BWB tells a bit about it.

I'm in the process of re-acquiring my WoT books that I loaned to different people, I haven't read them in years so I need to reacquaint myself with the story before November:woot:

Great scene. The Finns won't be happy at all [understatement], Moiraine and Lanfear just destroyed one of the only ways to their world, and since the Finns are essentially Traders... :nono:

:hoboj:

So how did you find out more about those creatures from the white book? I felt like there is so much backstory there and if you knew what to ask and what to bring you could be very powerful.

Art courtesy of saintchase on DA who will be the artist for the comic books:

vwtkba.jpg

Artist's Comments
" Dabel Brothers Publishing is proud to present "The Wheel of Time: Eye of the World #0 - Dragonmount", with art by Chase Conley. The series is being adapted to comics by Chuck Dixon.

The Wheel of Time saga begins here with the "Fall of the Dragon" and the "Breaking of the World" in this prelude issue to the ongoing series. "

This is the cover to Issue 0.

Inked lines / PS CS3

http://saintchase.deviantart.com/art/WoT-Eye-of-the-World-0-Cover-120869990

That's amazing.

I'm nearly done with The Great Hunt and I'm wondering
If Baalzamon is still bound, how did he appear to Rand in the climax there before he passed out?

He's not bound the seals are weakening and the stuff's about to hit the fan keep reading it only gets better:up:

So how did you find out more about those creatures from the white book?

It's basically an encyclopedia, so there's no story to it.

I felt like there is so much backstory there and if you knew what to ask and what to bring you could be very powerful.

True. Just look at Mat, he acquired some pretty cool things even though he didn't realise what he was doing or how it worked, which would get anyone killed but he got lucky:yay:

I think Moiraine went through the doorway in Tear a long time ago, IIRC.

He's not bound the seals are weakening and the stuff's about to hit the fan keep reading it only gets better:up:

There's actually a pretty cool little story behind that. Shall I tell?

BTW, does my user-name seem familiar at all? I can't remember where that thing happens in the books.......

Moraine went through the one in tear the same time as the boys. Story behind what do tell!

Who killed asmodean Slayer?

The forsaken who are brought back to life one is lanfear who is the guy is it the one who thought he was the dark lord or Asmodean?

No I don't think your name is familiar wait are you Mohgdein?

It's basically an encyclopedia, so there's no story to it.

True. Just look at Mat, he acquired some pretty cool things even though he didn't realise what he was doing or how it worked, which would get anyone killed but he got lucky:yay:

I think Moiraine went through the doorway in Tear a long time ago, IIRC.

There's actually a pretty cool little story behind that. Shall I tell?

BTW, does my user-name seem familiar at all? I can't remember where that thing happens in the books.......

Yeah Moridin doesn't appear til the later books though with so many in the series now I don't remember which book it actually is.

Moraine went through the one in tear the same time as the boys. Story behind what do tell!

The forsaken who are brought back to life one is lanfear who is the guy is it the one who thought he was the dark lord or Asmodean?

It's been awhile since I've read them, but Ishamael was the one who thought he was the Dark One, and I believe he does come back in a completely different form.

But this brings up a sore point with me in the series. I mean really The Dark Lord's forsaken keep failing him, so why would he keep bringing them back? Why not replace them Aes Sedai or Ashaman and simply have them learn from the Forsaken left?

Mrh,

I he is following the "Rules of being an Evil Overlord," but yes, I do agree for the most part. Granted, it could be someone else all together, as in "Last Chance," or something to that effect.

Just a view,
Ali

Story behind what do tell!

Spoilers through book 3.
Well like Mrh said, Ishamael is actually Ba'alzamon.

[SIDE NOTE]
He is a lunatic but I don't think he thought he was the Dark One though.
In the Glossary for the first 3 books it says -
"Ba'alzamon - In the Trolloc tongue, "Heart of the Dark". Believed to be the Trolloc name for the Dark One"
Key word, "believed". The people/scholars of the world "believed" it, but that doesn't mean it's true.
It changes in the Glossary for Book 4 -
"Believed by most, erroneously, to be the Trolloc name for the Dark One."
So Ba'alzamon is actually Trolloc for Ishamael.
That kind of thing happens throughout the books, playing into the "time/retelling distorts info" theme and I love that.

Interestingly the "caverns of fire" in his eyes and mouth are very advanced side effects (called "Sa'a") caused by the long term channelling of the True Power (Dark One's power) which is extremely addictive.
[/SIDE NOTE]

Now what I actually wanted to say.
Ishy wasn't properly Sealed into the Bore like the rest of the Forsaken were. He had periods where he (or at least his soul) was free to roam the world. I think the cycle was 40years out - 1,000yrs in.
That's why in the Prologue for book 1 he appeared to Lews Therin and why he was free long before the other Forsaken in Book 1.
He's responsible for the Trolloc Wars and the War of the Hundred Years.
He corrupted Artur Hawkwing, causing him to lay seige to Tar Valon and send his armies across the ocean to conquer distant lands.
The Dark Ones best weapon, and probably the only one of the Forsaken who actually understood what the Dark One would actually do if he broke free.
Cool huh?:twisted:

No one's totally sure, RJ thought he left enough clues but he was surprised when so much debate sprang up around it :woot:
Graendal is a good bet, but Sanderson said he'd include the info in the next books.

It's not Asmo..... but I'm not sure if it's Ishy you're talking about either....

Nope :oldrazz:
You'll know when you see it.

But this brings up a sore point with me in the series. I mean really The Dark Lord's forsaken keep failing him, so why would he keep bringing them back? Why not replace them Aes Sedai or Ashaman and simply have them learn from the Forsaken left?

The DO doesn't have a lot of options really, while he does use what Aes Sedai and Asha'man he has, none of them come close to the Forsaken in knowledge/power/experience. Unlike the Age of Legends where it didn't really matter if he lost Forsaken, since he had loads more at his disposal, these days his options are very limited so he has to recycle where he can.
The Shadows Achilles Heal is they're disorganized and too distrusting, power hungry and arrogant to work together. They continually underestimate the Channellers of the current Age.
If they rectified that, they'd crush the Light.

Agreed a forsaken taken down a notch is loads better than a current aes sedai or male user. I just had a new shocker:

Rand was just bonded to alanna without him realizing until it was too late:eek: What does this mean I can't wait to read on!

Agreed a forsaken taken down a notch is loads better than a current aes sedai or male user. I just had a new shocker:

Rand was just bonded to alanna without him realizing until it was too late:eek: What does this mean I can't wait to read on!

Well she thought she could reign in the Dragon, put him on a leash so to speak.
The bonds between Aes Sedai and their Warders allow the Aes Sedai some degree of control or compulsion over the Warder. It's frowned upon but it happens sometimes.

Alanna thought she'd be able to control Rand with the bond but just discovered that the manipulation doesn't work with channellers.
She'll know where he is at all times (unless it's a really huge distance), she'll know what kind of physical/emotional condition he's in (if he's close enough), just like any other case.
There is a plus for Rand though, he still gets the benefits of the bond. - Enhanced fitness/physical prowess, faster healing, can go longer (days, I think) without food or water.
So she just made him more of a badass.:woot:

Sweet but it's sort of making him more crazy now he's got two people in his head:D

I've read the first book in this series, but that's it. Although I really enjoyed it, the sheer amount of books in the series is a bit intimidating. I love to read, but man, long series.

I've read the first book in this series, but that's it. Although I really enjoyed it, the sheer amount of books in the series is a bit intimidating. I love to read, but man, long series.

It may be quite long but there are some excellent moments that come in the series. It may take you awhile but do not be afraid because there are many pages. With any luck you will get to the conclusion of the series the same time as the rest of us if you really take your time in reading the books.

Just take them one a time man that's what I did and i'm on book seven and hooked!

Just take them one a time man that's what I did and i'm on book seven and hooked!

ATP is a girl :p

Hmm book 7 & 8 were so / so but the ending of book 9 was great and book 11 also has excellent moments.

Looks like we are getting 3 more books starting with the first one in November.

I finished reading seven and I don't think he killed Sammael it wasn't really definate you know. Also that was a bit of a hanging thread that maiden of the spear who dissapeared in Shadar Logoth shows up and then dies a little while later and we never hear what happened to her:mad: Well i'm on book Eight now and they just used the bowl of the winds.

I finished reading seven and I don't think he killed Sammael it wasn't really definate you know. Also that was a bit of a hanging thread that maiden of the spear who dissapeared in Shadar Logoth shows up and then dies a little while later and we never hear what happened to her:mad: Well i'm on book Eight now and they just used the bowl of the winds.

Sammael is gone per RJ's statements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"