Daredevil When does season 2 get put on netflix?

Netflix probably won't announce an actual date until well after production wraps (they only announced S1's release date about 4 months ago), but I'd imagine it will be released sometime around next April or May-ish. My guess is they'll spend the summer writing the new season and probably start shooting around August-September.

Last edited:
I wonder will Kingpin be the primary villain again? Or we get someone else.

I'm pretty sure Charlie Cox recently said they'd be aiming for around the same release time in 2016. I'll see if I can find the source and post it here.

EDIT:
Here you go:
“It’ll be the same timeline as the last show, so season two will come out about this time next year. Again, I’m imagining all this, but they’ll probably do Iron Fist or Luke Cage at the same time, followed by the other one [of the two] in the first half of 2016 and then maybe Defenders in the second half of 2016 or the beginning of 2017.”

--Charlie Cox, Empire magazine interview http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44112

Last edited:
If I had to guess, the main plot will be "trial of the kingpin", with various parties attempting to either free him or ensure he gets convicted/killed. One of these parties will probably hire Elektra, Bullseye, or both ( likely Vanessa ).

That said, just because that's the main arc doesn't mean there won't be a ton of subplots.

I don't know how you could realistically think it would be before 2016. After all, most shows air their second season a year after their first season premieres. The difference is the show dropped all at once. If they aired one episode a week, season one wouldn't end until July 3 and we wouldn't even be having this discussion for awhile.

Anyway, May 6 is Captain America: Civil War. I think the interesting questioning is related to the timing for that and how they want to handle things. Daredevil is set before Age of Ultron, but CA:CW might be a movie that stretches over several months of time and might be interesting to have other shows incorporate into (I'm curious what AoS is going to do).

I can imagine that Daredevil will usually be getting new seasons in April.

Jessica Jones seasons will premiere in December starting this year.

Luke Cage in September starting 2016.

Iron Fist will probably hit around June starting 2017.

Defenders will probably come about ever 2-3 years.

If there's a new show to debut in 2019, I'd be up for Moon Knight, Blade, Elektra or Punisher. Those four belong on Netflix and they'd round out the street level universe with Spider-Man on the big screen. Plus, the only R-rated property which needs a film budget is Ghost Rider.

She-Hulk would be a street-level series but would probably air on ABC since it should be a legal sitcom with a villain to fight every few episodes and possibly Hawkeye if Jeremy Renner can either agree to TV or he gets recast.

ABC Family should get Runaways and Avengers Academy since those series are designed for a teen audience with younger protagonists and plenty of adolescent angst.

Disney Channel should get Power Pack. I'd be upset if this show debuted anywhere else. It's such a perfect fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"