When should the DVD come out?

Bought this today.

35a5gfm.jpg

Featurettes were too short, but I dug the commentary by Branagh.

The real fail is the lack of an Avengers teaser.

Yeah the scene IS different in that. Loki reacts differently to Thor going to Jotunheim as well as Thor referring to the Maidens for Fandral.
The wording IN the movie includes both Fandral and Hogun to being lead to the most glorious of battles.
I would have preferred the beginning of that scene with Fandral's maidens, THEN Hogun being lead into battle and THEN the theatrical version from there.

You see I could have sworn that's the version(The one where he speaks to all three individually) I saw in theaters, am I crazy? Did I let the extended scene implant memories into my brain? lol

Cool man. I saw it a few times too after I bought it but not all in one day :p

What is everyone's favorite scene(s)?

When Thor dies and is proven worthy :wow:

My HMV steelbook was sent out Tuesday. I hope its there when I get home

EDIT Mine arrived today. Its lovely

142y8v9.jpg

2uhvey0.jpg

25isl5h.jpg

Last edited:
That title makes me smile!

Thor and First Class are one and two on the rental charts and Thor outsells Star Wars!

Thor sold a few less units ($14M) than X-Men: First Class ($19M) did, but that's all right. I expect sales will soar during Black Friday and Christmas holiday markdowns.

I bought the DVD today. The display had an optional coupon that allowed one to get a free 2-liter of Dr. Pepper if you bought the DVD or Blu-ray of Thor. Pretty good deal, even if the price wasn't as nice as it was during release week.

Thor sold a few less units ($14M) than X-Men: First Class ($19M) did, but that's all right. I expect sales will soar during Black Friday and Christmas holiday markdowns.

I bought the DVD today. The display had an optional coupon that allowed one to get a free 2-liter of Dr. Pepper if you bought the DVD or Blu-ray of Thor. Pretty good deal, even if the price wasn't as nice as it was during release week.

First Class was also out about 4 days before Thor, so I wouldn't say it's outselling Thor.

Man I want a good steel book set.

You see I could have sworn that's the version(The one where he speaks to all three individually) I saw in theaters, am I crazy? Did I let the extended scene implant memories into my brain? lol
I don't remember Thor speaking of women when talking to Fandral tho. I remember thinking it was odd to include Hogun and Fandral in brining them into battle, when Fandral's a lover. lol

Its mentioned in one of the deleted scenes on blue ray but in the movie he does say Fandral and Hogun in bringing them into many battles. The other deleted scene where Fandral is surrounded by ladies shows he is a lover. lol :p

I hope some day I will have a blue ray player and a nice tv so I can get Thor on blue ray. That would be effin sweet.

the only reason I want to get it is are the deleted scenes. The standard only had 4! :( What gives.

It's not only because of the bonus material. The colors, the contrast, that's all wayyyy better than at DVD. I didn't believe it 'til I've seen it for myself. Today I don't wanna miss the BR-player. Asgard looks great in these powerful colors, for instance.

I really like the DVD menu, sometimes I'll sit there and watch Mjolnir soaring through the cosmos for a couple loops.

It's not only because of the bonus material. The colors, the contrast, that's all wayyyy better than at DVD. I didn't believe it 'til I've seen it for myself. Today I don't wanna miss the BR-player. Asgard looks great in these powerful colors, for instance.

Indeed, there's a world of difference between these formats.

Well that just makes me want to get Thor on blue ray. :( I want it now.

heh I have it Darkness with no player....it's like Thor being banished and not being able to pick up Mjolnir lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"