BvS When The 'Masks' Are Off: Fashions Of Our Heroes Discussion Thread

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
The thing about superheroes is that it’s always the person in the costume that gets all of the attention. As we eagerly await the release of 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice', I wanted to focus our attention on Clark, Bruce, Diana (and even Lex) rather than on their super-heroic alter egos. In civilian attire, they have style, sophistication and sex appeal. From a designer look to a more casual fit, their fashion and tastes are impeccable, especially when paired with the right accessories.

From mid-western country boy charm to billionaire playboy chic to royal princess opulence; our heroes are polished, refined, bad ass and role models that make fashion fearless!!

So which designers do you see our heroes wearing?

Let's start off with Wonder Woman herself...Princess Diana (Prince). She is more than likely going to support a designer who empowers women, but still makes them look dazzling. And with her royal status, there's a luxury factor here. And, like every woman, Princess Diana doesn't mind a little razzle dazzle.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very interesting idea for a thread.

I see Clark dressing similarly to how he appeared at the end of MOS. Button-up shirts, dark jeans/slacks, blazers, etc. Leaning towards the casual side of business casual.

We've already seen Wonder Woman's civilian gear, and I'd like to see them continue to dress her in such a way (when appropriate) in the future. Short, colorful dresses with modest jewelry while acting officially as Paradise Island's ambassador; long, elegant, less colorful dresses for formal occasions; and "rock and roll/heavy metal" inspired attire (see her solo series in the New 52) when she's off duty.

Bruce Wayne should look like a *****ey GQ model. Need I go on?

I liked Lois' attire in MOS, but I'd like to see them go a little fancier with it this time around. Keep it business appropriate, but make it more colorful and fun and distinctive. Switch it up every now and again between pants and skirts. Put her in something other than a white blouse. I thought SV's had a really nice wardrobe.

I'd put Lex in two piece business suits in darker colors. Blue, black, gray, you get the idea.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised how much costume designers try to convey character through clothing.

Clark: Very casual. Not drawing too much attention to himself. Much like what he wore at the end of MOS.

Bruce: Dark colors. Expensive suits...black or something close to it.

Diana: This is going to be hard to determine because we don't know how she will be portrayed.

Clark Kent: Baggy clothes. Layers of clothing. As Wilkinson said, they tried to hide Cavill's physique for Clark Kent scenes.

Diana: Sexy body hugging dresses with a not too deep neckline.

Bruce Wayne: Tom Ford suits

I like this thread, it gives us something new to discuss but...Where would Wonder Woman get a fashion sense? Hasnt she been brought up on an isolated island? Im no expert on WW but im pretty sure they dont have television or project runway over there? How could she know one fashion designer from the next?

I like this thread, it gives us something new to discuss but...Where would Wonder Woman get a fashion sense? Hasnt she been brought up on an isolated island? Im no expert on WW but im pretty sure they dont have television or project runway over there? How could she know one fashion designer from the next?

which is why i brought up it depends on how she is portrayed

which is why i brought up it depends on how she is portrayed

Hmm, yes, i saw your post now. Thats true. Also, might i add that Clarks fashion sense might have changed now, since he's got a woman in his life. Although i guess it already did by the end of MOS, but what i meant was maybe he starts wearing a suit?

I watched Starcrossed JL animated recently, and thought Bruce Wayne's turtleneck thing looked smart on him, as his casual attire.

As much as I like the animated Superman wearing suits, I'd also prefer Cav-El to wear similar to the DP scene in MOS. I want him to appear more everyday and 'younger' than Bruce Wayne.

The suiting used on Bale in Begins she he showed up to Wayne Enterprises was sublime. The slick hair and the silky smooth attitude just completed it. I don't necessarily want that look, per say, but the quality that was so evident.

For Clark, I said in the Henry Cavill thread that I want him very much to stick with smart casual. I think they'll play up that look, with Everyman-priced suits when needed. The biggest question with Clark's fashion we be how Cavill wears it with regard to posture and personality.

For Diana, I'd say business elegant, if that's a thing. I don't know women's fashion. I think professional for her, but no suits or pants like Lois. I envision something more along the lines of a cross between fashion model and Princess Kate.

Bruce, Clark, and Diana should wear Carolina blue.

I kind of hope they dress Bruce like a pretentious ********. Clark should be a bit hipster and Diana just pure class. Whoever dresses JLaw, ger her.

FIRST photo of Clark Kent on set!!
proxy.jpg

I like this look for Clark!!

Well they certainly accomplished making Clark not look like a bulked up guy.
I really like how they kept the classic look with the coat, the striped pants etc.
It's funny how he has a red scarf and blue shirt on! Well done Wilkinson...you've done it again.

Love the look. I suppose since the cameras aren't rolling he doesn't have the glasses on. Can't wait to see more of him in those. Otherwise, spot on. A bit more business casual than smart casual, but it looks great for a major metro newspaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"