When will Clark start wearing glasses?

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Kaboom, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Kaboom

Kaboom knock knock

We all know that when he finally becomes Superman, Clark creates an alter ego to hide his powers: the bumbling nerdy clark kent adorned with glasses.

My question is, now that Clark has had all these interactions with lana, lois, and lex sans glasses, at what point will he start wearing them and how will lana, lois, and lex not realize he is in fact Superman?

if this has been discussed before, i apologize, but i did a search and didnt find the topic.

2. KalKai

KalKai n/a

in SV? never.

3. Ultimate_Superman

Ultimate_Superman Registered

He already did for one show in season three which I thik they should have stuck with.

4. Brainiac 8

Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Well, he did for a little while in Whisper, remember.

It was very funny to see him in glasses.:D

5. Kaboom

Kaboom knock knock

i remember that, he really looked like "clark kent" in that episode. but i guess i mean, when will the glasses become a permanent fixture?

6. Brainiac 8

Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

I don't think they have the gall to do it in this show, probably in fear of TW losing his sex apeal.

Just my theory though.

7. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Well he wont really need them until he puts on the cape and tights, and I imagine that wont be until the last episode.

8. KalKai

KalKai n/a

I didn't like those glasses in Whisper, and yeah it's too early to put glasses on.

9. RakuMon

RakuMon Registered

I thought the writers missed a golden opportunity with that episode.

In the last scene when Clark meets Pete in the Talon, they should have had Pete say, "Whoa Clark, almost didn't recognize you with those glasses on."

Or something to that effect.

10. Brainiac 8

Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

LOL, that would have been very funny, especially since they are so keen on one liner puns like that.:D

11. The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

the glasses arent necessary until he has the need for a disguise. He wont have the need for a disguise until he decides to become Superman.

In terms of people not recognizing him. Lana knows he's Superman before he leaves Smallville so she's not an issue. As for Lex and Lois, well thats just one of those things you buy into with Superman. Realistically in any version of Superman how do the World's best investigative reporter and a Criminal Mastermind not put 2 and 2 together either?

I thought the scene at the end of Whisper said a lot, where he kept taking them off and putting them on in front of the mirror. The seed's been planted, he just has no need for them again...yet

12. Brainiac 8

Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Good point about the mirror, I didn't even connect that thought. :up:

Plus I always thought it was funny Lex and Lois couldn't figure it out. Silly.

13. Kaboom

Kaboom knock knock

i agree that he doesn't need them yet....but i think the need is vastly approaching. hes in college, Lois is episode 100 away becoming an investigative reporter after she starts investigating the death of her cousin (in my opinion), the fortress of solitude exists, Lex Luthor is a hair away from becoming "the villian of the story".

if theyre not needed yet, theyre going to be needed pretty soon. Here's hoping anyway. I don't know about y'all but i've always thought it slightly strange to see clark running around without them.

14. supercrashmac

supercrashmac Registered

Everyone he knows in the future Metropolis with the exception of Jimmy has seen him now without glasses. They'll need to come up with something pretty clever to explain that one

15. supercrashmac

supercrashmac Registered

16. RakuMon

RakuMon Registered

Oh I know; I just thought it'd be a neat aside to have Pete say that line. It would keep in line with the writers' other nods to the future. Just thought it'd be a funny moment on the show. :D

I never thought of that scene in that light before.

17. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Well I have to say it too, I've never thought of that scene in that light before either.

These are the kinds of things I like to see from a good review. I know Whisper was a long time ago, but thanks for that. :up:

Hulk, take a bow.

18. The Incredible Hulk

19. MaskedManJRK

MaskedManJRK Registered

*IH's masculenity plummets* :o ;)

Anyone got a pic of Welling with glasses? I never saw that episode.

20. The Incredible Hulk

LOL Here you go....

[​IMG]

21. storyteller

storyteller Registered

The frames could have been bigger. Its needs to act like a mask all on itself. Also hair. Superman wears his hair differently and takes off the glasses. Its a costume already.

22. KalKai

KalKai n/a

I prefer this 1

[​IMG]

23. storyteller

storyteller Registered

What they should do is make clark need the glass's to focus his eye powers. You know the glasses prevent his heat and x-ray from going off just because of some normal eye function. They tried to pull this off in lois and clark kinda(clark had to put his glasses down to take and x-ray)

24. IronLion

IronLion Registered

thats a way of explaining why he needs them. eye powers unexpectadly going off and he realises the glasses stop them from doing so, he has to start wearing them.......but when he does, he will have to grease his hair down and have a parting to have the full disguise.

25. The Incredible Hulk

I never bought that excuse for the glasses, if that was the case his powers would be going off at random when he was Superman too... They're purely for disguising his appearance, the guy can see a gnat take a crap a mile away, he doesnt need them.