When Wonder Woman's 80th Anniversary Hits...

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Sawyer, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Now that Marvel has set the precedent of celebrating an 80th anniversary with a #1000 issue regardless of whether the title itself has actually reached a thousand issues, do you think DC will say **** it and just renumber to #1000 in 2021? Either on the Wonder Woman title or by bringing back Sensation/All Star Comics?

2. lespaul59

lespaul59 Registered

What exactly does the Marvel #1000 signify? I mean am I just missing something or is Marvel just mocking the Superman/Action 80th and Batman/Detective 80th #1000? As for Wonder Woman's 80th with out adding non solo titles can you even get close to #1000. I say just do a special issue like A.C. and D.C. #1000 except give it its regular issue number. Also do a book like they did for A.C.and D.C.. We also have Robin/Dick Grayson's 80th anniversary next year so we'll see what they do with that. I hope they don't try to include every Robin just because they're also a Robin. Let Dick have his and only his 80th birthday.

3. geetard

geetard Rebirth

Not mocking, just riding the wave of the milestone 1000th issue for $$$. There are variant covers that span different decades just like DC did with AC and 'Tec.

Marvel Comics #1000 Runs Through The Decades Covers - Just Like Action Comics #1000 and Detective Comics #1000

Oh, and there's even a Star Wars story in it...

4. JimThompson

JimThompson Registered

It signifies more blatant money grabbing stunts from a company that has destroyed itself.