The Amazing Spider-Man 2 "Where are your brave words and taunts now?" The Doc Ock thread

i realistically don't see Tasm series going past 4 movies. atleast not with the same cast
They could easily recast the main characters and continue building off of the established universe set up by Marc Webb. It would be a waste to reboot only after four movies.

I'm pretty sure that Alfred Molina's Doc Ock can't topped. The great acting, the modern suit and tentacles, the key intelligence of the character... The only thing that I don't dig about the SM2 Doc Ock is his motivation. The "portable sun" part. I understand that actually the bad guys are the tentacles (talking inside his head), but yet no AI is made to control mini-explosions and ends up wanting to blow New York.

They could easily recast the main characters and continue building off of the established universe set up by Marc Webb. It would be a waste to reboot only after four movies.
i know but i would love if atleast andrew stayed and with "phase 2" there would be a whole new set of villians or a symbiote storyline leading up to another big event. maybe venom? carnage? kingpin? civil war? avengers team-up?

I'm pretty sure that Alfred Molina's Doc Ock can't topped. The great acting, the modern suit and tentacles, the key intelligence of the character... The only thing that I don't dig about the SM2 Doc Ock is his motivation. The "portable sun" part. I understand that actually the bad guys are the tentacles (talking inside his head), but yet no AI is made to control mini-explosions and ends up wanting to blow New York.

Wow. Set your sights a little higher then. Molina was great. But even you admit he wasn't perfect. He can be topped. It's a matter of "will he be topped?"

Its not a matter of topping Molina's Ock, but doing something different. Same thing with Heath Ledger's Joker...

Wow. Set your sights a little higher then. Molina was great. But even you admit he wasn't perfect. He can be topped. It's a matter of "will he be topped?"
Molina can't be topped as Doc Ock. The story arc can be though. That's what I was trying to say.

i know but i would love if atleast andrew stayed and with "phase 2" there would be a whole new set of villians or a symbiote storyline leading up to another big event. maybe venom? carnage? kingpin? civil war? avengers team-up?

Andrew won't stay past 3-4 movies most likely. They could recast with every new story arc and follow the James Bond idea of recasting and continuing the films.

Blofeld was introduced early on with the Sean Connery films and was killed off during the Roger Moore era.

Andrew won't stay past 3-4 movies most likely. They could recast with every new story arc and follow the James Bond idea of recasting and continuing the films.

Blofeld was introduced early on with the Sean Connery films and was killed off during the Roger Moore era.
i hope he stays until 4 atleast. but i think Marc will be done after 3

I hope Andrew stays for 4 as well. Though recasting Peter Parker every once in a while is what could help keep the franchise fresh. If an actor stays too long, he will outgrow the role and audiences would get tired of him (like Roger Moore as James Bond).

I could see Andrew doing 4 movies, and then letting him hand the role over to someone else.

They could always bring in Miles Morales if they don't want to recast Peter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Andrew Garfield as Dr. Octopus.
Something tells me he would be quite....superior.

They could always bring in Miles Morales if they don't want to recast Peter.
I don't think they would bring Miles Morales in so soon though. I'd prefer Peter getting a recast every 3-4 movies then going to Miles Morales IMO.

in terms of casting what about someone like, Mark Sheppard

Doc Ock not only has to be in the Sinister Six, but he must be their leader, too. Accept no substitutes. The Sinister Six is his baby. It would be like the Fantastic Four without Mr. Fantastic or the X-Men without Xavier or The Avengers without Cap.

I wouldn't mind seeing Andrew Garfield as Dr. Octopus.
Something tells me he would be quite....superior.
i see what you did there. also @ Picard i think youre right after four is when he should hand it over

I think Webb will stay for the 4th film, sounds like he and Sony have spoken about something for it otherwise there wouldn't have a date set already for a 4th, there is obviously a plan there

If Webb doesn't direct the 4th he will be producer I suspect, but I think he wil direct

Last edited:
I think Webb will stay for the 4th film, sounds like he and Sony have spoken about something for it otherwise there wouldn't have a date set already for a 4th, there is obviously a plan there
yeah probably.

I see these early TASM films as the "Phase one" of this film universe, which lead up to a major Sinister Six film. Then the so-called "phase two" begins and leads up to another big film... let's say Spider-Man vs. Venom? (Phase Two could be dubbed "The Venom Saga").
Yup, I agree with this all. :up:

I think this Doc Ock shouldn't be sympathetic.

Molina can't be topped as Doc Ock. The story arc can be though. That's what I was trying to say.

Nah, he absolutely can be topped. Future circumstances will determine whether or not it will happen, though. For years people thought Jack Nicholson's Joker couldn't be topped, but most people today prefer Ledger's version of the character. And Heath Ledger can also be topped.

Wait, when was the Sinister 6 confirmed? Link anyone?

the reboot by 2012 was risky enough, they aren't stupid enough to reboot right after this series

I'm imagining they might do something off the wall, like Spider-man 2099

No Doc Ock again please

The Spider-man rogue gallery is huge and we don't need to repeat Villains

As I said in the Venom thread, Doc Ock hasn't been used to his potential. We didn't see the true Master Planner if you ask me. With Sinister 6 coming up, he's very relevant.

I'd much rather see Doc Ock return than Venom. Doc Ock is simply the better villain.

I hope whenever there's a reboot next time that the studio doesn't think "we don't need to repeat villain", because I want to see Lizard again in his more brutal and animalistic form, with family and all.

Its because you are a CB fan
Its gets too repeatitive for the general audience

Maybe after 10-12 years it will be time to have Doc Ock again but not now

Its different with Goblin and Venom and they can be repeated.Goblin is like the iconic villain for Spidey,he is almost mandatory for every Spidey Universe,he is the Joker/Lex Luthor of Spider-man

Venom in SM3 was really forgettable and he appeared for like 5 minutes,he needs to be done again

But another than these two,no villain should be repeated unless like 20 years have passed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"