Where do you stand on politics?

I'm an American first. :)

Although a lot of people sounded off they're Democrat, and a few Republican, we all know that we belong to America, and not just a political party.

To answer the main question, I'm a Republican, but voting otherwise is not necessarily unfamiliar territory. As long as there is no emotional bias, yet having sincere moral convictions and good, balanced judgment, someone with extensive experience on sound socio-economic and foreign policies is worthy of casting a vote.

One thing I'm sure I will never vote for, is someone who is too long-winded, rambles on and on on something you hear every election time.

I've actually made a vow to never vote for a Republican in a statewide or national election.

That doesn't mean I'll always vote for a Democrat, though. For example, in 2006, our state comptroller in New York stole taxpayer's money to pay a chauffer to transport his ailing wife to and from her doctors' appointments. And while I understood why he did it, I knew it was wrong, and decided not to vote for him... so I voted for the libertarian candidate instead.

Locally, I've voted to re-elect my state senator, who is a Republican. Same for my county's DA.

But statewide or nationally... forget it. The party is so against my ideological standpoint that I'd be doing a great dishonor to myself and everything I stand for.

I've actually made a vow to never vote for a Republican in a statewide or national election.

That doesn't mean I'll always vote for a Democrat, though. For example, in 2006, our state comptroller in New York stole taxpayer's money to pay a chauffer to transport his ailing wife to and from her doctors' appointments. And while I understood why he did it, I knew it was wrong, and decided not to vote for him... so I voted for the libertarian candidate instead.

Locally, I've voted to re-elect my state senator, who is a Republican. Same for my county's DA.

But statewide or nationally... forget it. The party is so against my ideological standpoint that I'd be doing a great dishonor to myself and everything I stand for.

Jman,

I've read some of your posts in some threads and I'm gonna say now I'm not gonna argue with you on anything. Other people already done that anyway :) And most of the time, you and the person you're with came out all pissed off and stuff, hehe. Its quite interesting and amusing now that I look back, but I guess we're all very passionate in our convictions, especially when some beliefs are truly personal and even worth dying for.

I do understand what that state comptroller did and quite agree with him and you at the same. He could've been in very difficult circumstances where he had to do what he had to do - and its for his wife who's dying. Though I wouldn't base my voting on the fact that he used taxpayer's money for that, I would base it on the results - if ever he delivered any - during his term.

I also agree with you that I don't always vote for the same party of course. If for some reason FDR came back from the dead, I'd vote for him. I admire his socio-economic reforms, and his war policy is more cohesive and very well implemented on the ground. But that was a different time, a different country altogether. Fast forward to the present, if Bill Richardson hadn't dropped off from the race, and I was a Democrat, I'd vote for him. I'm quite the voter that does want some experience behind the candidate so that the slogans you see him and/or his supporters chant everyday would actually make some sense. And if the candidate doesn't have much experience on a particular area, I'd like to hear who he want to hire as his political advisers, economic/business consultants, etc. The country is very much like a company wherein the CEO must oversee every detail from the bottom up, and is humble enough to go through the logistics.

Ideologically speaking, I'll say we're too different and we'll end up arguing and arguing over something both of us will never compromise... and that's the terrible truth.

Jman,

I've read some of your posts in some threads and I'm gonna say now I'm not gonna argue with you on anything. Other people already done that anyway :) And most of the time, you and the person you're with came out all pissed off and stuff, hehe. Its quite interesting and amusing now that I look back, but I guess we're all very passionate in our convictions, especially when some beliefs are truly personal and even worth dying for.

I do understand what that state comptroller did and quite agree with him and you at the same. He could've been in very difficult circumstances where he had to do what he had to do - and its for his wife who's dying. Though I wouldn't base my voting on the fact that he used taxpayer's money for that, I would base it on the results - if ever he delivered any - during his term.

I also agree with you that I don't always vote for the same party of course. If for some reason FDR came back from the dead, I'd vote for him. I admire his socio-economic reforms, and his war policy is more cohesive and very well implemented on the ground. But that was a different time, a different country altogether. Fast forward to the present, if Bill Richardson hadn't dropped off from the race, and I was a Democrat, I'd vote for him. I'm quite the voter that does want some experience behind the candidate so that the slogans you see him and/or his supporters chant everyday would actually make some sense. And if the candidate doesn't have much experience on a particular area, I'd like to hear who he want to hire as his political advisers, economic/business consultants, etc. The country is very much like a company wherein the CEO must oversee every detail from the bottom up, and is humble enough to go through the logistics.

Ideologically speaking, I'll say we're too different and we'll end up arguing and arguing over something both of us will never compromise... and that's the terrible truth.

Um... the problem is, I don't like any of Republican governors, representatives, senators, or cabinet members (that's roughly 550 Republicans to choose from), so the chances that I'll even find a Republican I like in a national election are slim to none.

It's a good thing to stand firm in your beliefs. I'm the exact same way; just reverse Democrat with Republican.

Um... the problem is, I don't like any of Republican governors, representatives, senators, or cabinet members (that's roughly 550 Republicans to choose from), so the chances that I'll even find a Republican I like in a national election are slim to none.

Yes, your stance against the Republicans is very clear. I may disagree with it as much as you disagree with my own stance, however I respect that, as all should respect all opinions and allegiances, so long as they reflect the sound and honorable Truth, as do all noble Truths are worth their individual price.

As I said earlier, I refuse to judge a candidate be it on a Democratic, Republican, or Indepedent ticket. Results on what he has done and/or ideas regarding political reforms, economic management stratagem and implementation, and perhaps some infrastructure/establishment overhauls and/or improvements are what truly matters the most, otherwise I have only - and only - myself to blame and be responsible for (re)electing a hypocrite, with little or no humility or sincerity which he owes to the voting public.

I personally label myself a Realistic-Libertarian-Republican.

For example - I believe very strongly in a Libertarian system, but I am not going throw my vote away for a Libertarian candidate. I want to see the GOP move in that direction though - were its roots are.

cthulhu4Prez-preview-5.png

If you believe in smaller government you're basically handing over our society to big business. You're not a libertarian, you are a tool for fascists.

If you're a fiscal libertarian you have to choose a master regardless. A democratic government or an unregulated oligarchy.

If you believe in smaller government you're basically handing over our society to big business. You're not a libertarian, you are a tool for fascists.

One could say the same about those swept up in ideas of an overarching, cradle-to-the-grave government. After all, are you going to dare bite the hand if its the main source of your food . . . and health care . . . and shelter . . . and protection . . . and even income?

I took the political compass test a month or so ago and this is where I fell:

politicalcompass11Dec07.png

Dang... I forgot how far left I am. I do have some conservative tendencies as well. Really.

I took the political compass test a month or so ago and this is where I fell:

politicalcompass11Dec07.png

Dang... I forgot how far left I am. I do have some conservative tendencies as well. Really.

Where'd you take that test? I have a feeling I'd end up in the same level you did . . . only I'd probably be two spaces from the right end. :woot:

One could say the same about those swept up in ideas of an overarching, cradle-to-the-grave government. After all, are you going to dare bite the hand if its the main source of your food . . . and health care . . . and shelter . . . and protection . . . and even income?
There's nothing wrong with universal healthcare up to the age of 17. Gauranteed but basic food rations for anyone who needs it. Very basic but efficient housing for the working poor.

If someone wants to live off the land or in a wooden cabin they can without government intervention. If you want luxury and are dissatisfied with the basic needs provided by government you can go out and make a million. But be prepared to be taxed and pay into a system that allows some to have so much more than they'll ever need. It's only fair. You want exclusive wealth and luxury, pay exclusively high taxes.

and "protection"? Are you referring to health inspectors that make sure your food isn't diseased. Firefighters who stop fires from spreading. Or police that get to your home mostly after the fact and are pretty much simply there to protect the haves from the have-nots and enforce an outdated drug war?

Republican, I vote based on the appeal of the candidates across the board every year. Whoever matches up the closest to my views gets the nod.

I consider myself a Democrat simply due to my personal ideology fitting the party.

I believe in a dictatorship but only if i am the dictator . I agree with republicans and democrats on different issues . I would say i am a tweener , so it depends on who is running

More of a moderate, I think both parties have some alright ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"